Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

westhuller

Salford fined £10000

35 posts in this topic

I think it should have been more to be honest. What's to stop any team doing it.

Yes, you're right westhuller.  We got fined £100 in 2006.  £10,000 is a ridiculous fine.  Nobody gets fined that amount in RL for anything.  They must have plucked that figure out of nowhere because it relates to nothing at all. 

I think it should have been more to be honest. What's to stop any team doing it.

That could have been said following Saints' doing it in 2006, yet we are now in 2013 and this is the first incidence of it so that kind of undermines your question really. 

Yes, you're right westhuller.  We got fined £100 in 2006.  £10,000 is a ridiculous fine.  Nobody gets fined that amount in RL for anything.  They must have plucked that figure out of nowhere because it relates to nothing at all.

They had an extra player defending their line for 3 minutes - what do you think the punishment should have been?

Are the rfl strapped for cash? Maybe they think they can just grab some of Dr Koukash's. On reflection, perhaps they should have docked us the 2 points - we aren't going to make the 8 or get relegated, so it doesn't matter.

I think it's steep (certainly in comparison with Saints) and I accept it deserved more than just a "Don't do it again you naughty boys!" Maybe £1,000 or even £5,000 would be more appropriate. I know you'll all say "Rubbish!", but I do wonder what the fine would have been had it been Wigan or Leeds in the dock.

They had an extra player defending their line for 3 minutes - what do you think the punishment should have been?

3 plays, not 3 minutes, I believe.

Bet Cas don't think it's harsh!

Bet Cas don't think it's harsh!

Clearly not, from the posts so far.

On reflection, perhaps they should have docked us the 2 points - we aren't going to make the 8 or get relegated, so it doesn't matter.

Quite. None of it matters. :ph34r:

Clearly not, from the posts so far.

I've no opinion on it to be honest I was merely asking the question.

Saintslass stated that the figure was plucked from thin air so wondering what amount he would fine them without plucking it from thin air and applying reason

Are the rfl strapped for cash? Maybe they think they can just grab some of Dr Koukash's. On reflection, perhaps they should have docked us the 2 points - we aren't going to make the 8 or get relegated, so it doesn't matter.

I think it's steep (certainly in comparison with Saints) and I accept it deserved more than just a "Don't do it again you naughty boys!" Maybe £1,000 or even £5,000 would be more appropriate. I know you'll all say "Rubbish!", but I do wonder what the fine would have been had it been Wigan or Leeds in the dock.

Probably more.

Probably more.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

In all honesty, though. Wigan and Leeds would not have got the substitutions wrong in the first place. :(

The official in charge of controlling substitutions maybe. Just a thought. It is his job.

The official in charge of controlling substitutions maybe. Just a thought. It is his job.

Isn't it the clubs responsibility.

Isn't it the clubs responsibility.

No, the fourth official, if I'm understanding correctly,must hold back a replacement until the player coming off leaves the field of play, that is one of his duties.

He policies replacements.

That doesn't mean the club has no responsibilty, but the onus isn't on them to get it right.

No, the fourth official, if I'm understanding correctly,must hold back a replacement until the player coming off leaves the field of play, that is one of his duties.

That doesn't mean the club has no responsibilty, but the onus isn't on them to get it right.

It should work like that but 90% of the time the player enters the field as the other one is still jogging off.

I thought after the Saints incident the RFL did put the onus on clubs probably why there is such a disparity between Saints fine and Salfords.

I'm not convinced the onus isn't on them to get it right, I'd like to see that in writing if that is the case. Otherwise clubs could be sneaking players onto a field and simply blaming the 4th official.

On the actual fine, they have been found guilty of breaking 3 operational rules, and the player that didn;t leave the field made a tackle. I'm not sure of the circumstances of the Saints incident, I suspect it was less serious than what happened here?

It should work like that but 90% of the time the player enters the field as the other one is still jogging off.

I thought after the Saints incident the RFL did put the onus on clubs probably why there is such a disparity between Saints fine and Salfords.

If a player is allowed on the field before he should be, that is the officials fault, unless the player does it in such a way as to deliberately try to con the official and gets away with it.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

In all honesty, though. Wigan and Leeds would not have got the substitutions wrong in the first place. :(

That too.

The official in charge of controlling substitutions maybe. Just a thought. It is his job.

Yes, how much did he get fined ?

That's a very harsh fine, hope the rfl explain why it's so harsh.

Yes, how much did he get fined ?

Well maybe we should be told, the officials on the pitch have a lot to contend with, the guy on the sideline counts them in and counts them out (ok he has other duties) in the main, what's  his excuse for an obvious cock-up.

I stand to be corrected but if I recall the Saints one was slightly different in that Cunningham was injured and in the process of leaving the field, and neither he or the player replacing him actually took an active part in any of the plays while there were 14 men on the field. Thats why the fine was so low as it was classed as a technical infringement where the club gained no advantage.

Salford on the other hand clearly gained an advantage as one of the players was involved in 3 tackles preventing Cas from scoring

Farce and clear evidence of the RFL's prejudice against SL clubs. If this had been,well, say Fev, they would not have DARED fine them that amount.