Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Daddy_merged

How Danny Brough is not the starting England scrum half is beyond me

62 posts in this topic

Has he shagged Mcnamara's wife or something? He is far and away the best scrum half in the country.

McNamara is a poor coach. We just have to accept it and support whatever team he picks.

He's made the person who's going to playing 7 for England in autumn go AWOL in both games this season.

He's made the person who's going to playing 7 for England in autumn go AWOL in both games this season.

Myler kicked his ###### twice!! :-)

Has he shagged Mcnamara's wife or something? He is far and away the best scrum half in the country.

Or is it because he's a Scottish international who suffers from amnesia until a World Cup comes around?

Or is it because he's a Scottish international who suffers from amnesia until a World Cup comes around?

Yet McNamara selects Rangi Chase. So that thought process clearly doesn't go through his head.

this.

On his day, he is the best. He does have off days, though. Apparently against Wire and certainly at Salford. On balance, I'd rather have him in the England team than Chase, though. Unfortunately, he seems to be playing for Scotland again (afaik), so he's not really an option.

Can anyone answer whether he qualifies having played for Scotland?

He's allowed to switch allegiance once in a WC cycle. He can do this after every WC as the rules currently stand.

He's allowed to switch allegiance once in a WC cycle. He can do this after every WC as the rules currently stand.

If this is true he should be asked outright whether he sees himself as English or Scottish - Chase shouldn't be picked on any conceivable level. The rules should be changed as soon as we have taken advantage

I'll have to recheck the fixture list for the World Cup, but I'm fairly sure England aren't facing any Yorkshire teams. Since they are the only teams against whom Brough ever performs, he'll be of no use.

excellent performance from brough today but as one poster has said he does sometimes go missing in games, but on his day he has few peers.

I find it ironic that people skate Brough for having the odd off day as a reason to not be selected, but Sir Kev is never afforded the same treatment...

I find it ironic that people skate Brough for having the odd off day as a reason to not be selected, but Sir Kev is never afforded the same treatment...

Here here

He played for England last year against Exiles I think and England is blatantly his first choice, just McBanana won't have him so he'll go for Scotland again. The fact he is not even in squad should make RFL as questions about the coach.

(Also, I don't agree with qualification rules and the fact you are allowed to switch nations, but those are rules and so think we should pick Brough)

That is a good point, but I think the answer is down to frequency of said "off-days". Sinfield had one today, Brough didn't. Over the course of a season (or maybe a World Cup campaign), those statistics would likely be reversed.

No,"Sir kev" is constantly pilloried.Even when he has a good game he's poor.Or so the "experts" say.

The rules governing international rugby league are a bit of a joke, but why is Danny Brough the only person who seems to get hammered for it?

He's from England, he wants to play for England and many people ( including myself) believe he's the best English player in his position. Pick him!

The rules governing international rugby league are a bit of a joke, but why is Danny Brough the only person who seems to get hammered for it?

He's from England, he wants to play for England and many people ( including myself) believe he's the best English player in his position. Pick him!

He's pilloried more than most because he changes his mind more often than most.

I wouldn't doubt he wants to play for England, but it appears that if he doesn't get to play for England he'll go back and play for Scotland, just so he can play in the World Cup.

Having said that, I've read interviews with players from the NRL who readily admit that they don't mind who they play for, so long as they get 'a trip to the World Cup'. The problem is that we could potentially have a very small World Cup, or an incredibly lop sided tournament, if the rules weren't as loose as they are now.

That is a good point, but I think the answer is down to frequency of said "off-days". Sinfield had one today, Brough didn't. Over the course of a season (or maybe a World Cup campaign), those statistics would likely be reversed.

Those statistics don't exist, unless you can prove me wrong

So do we ignore today when Sinfield was totally dominated (for the 2nd time this year) by the guy who popular opinion is his biggest rival for that role in the England team. Do we totally ignore the 30+ ineffectual internationals that Sinfields played?

There hasn't been a player yet that doesn't have a quiet game and don't throw the "Brough goes missing in big games" fallacy at the argument.

People need to stop making excuses and scraping the barrel for reasons to shoe horn Sinfield into the England side, he isn't and never was the answer to England's half back issue.

Tony Carroll was the worst example of this in recent memory, 2000 World Cup final Played for New Zealand against Australia. 2003 Ashes tour played for Australia against Great Britain.

Chopping and changing betyween countries does bring the game into disrepute.

Brough chose scotland and should not be allowed to pick and chose.he has a good kicking game but hes not a world class half back