Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Daddy

How Danny Brough is not the starting England scrum half is beyond me

62 posts in this topic

I guess you missed the 40+ tackles in the game and the endless metres he made. Not to mention the 70 minute shift he put in. Then again most prop forwards performances are judged on the one time they break the line rather than the amount of metres and tackles they get through, obviously.

He does have a point,Crabtree really should have scored that try.

I guess you missed the 40+ tackles in the game and the endless metres he made. Not to mention the 70 minute shift he put in. Then again most prop forwards performances are judged on the one time they break the line rather than the amount of metres and tackles they get through, obviously.

If you get any further up his backside you'll start being accused of being James Deighton.  Crabtree has never really done it for me, he's a freak physically but he doesn't seem to dominate or intimidate the opposition as he should.

If you get any further up his backside you'll start being accused of being James Deighton. Crabtree has never really done it for me, he's a freak physically but he doesn't seem to dominate or intimidate the opposition as he should.

Not being up his backside just having a realistic opinion.

He does have a point,Crabtree really should have scored that try.

But does that mean Crabtree didn't play exceptionally well?

But does that mean Crabtree didn't play exceptionally well?

Not at all,his point was that he gave Hardaker a a chance to tackle him,thus saving a try.Most props would have just ran over the top of the defender.

Yeah he really should have done better

But let's also credit Hardacre for getting that tackle spot on

I loved the way he gave Hardaker the easiest possible position to tackle him instead of running over him. Wow.

Goes to show that anyone that wants to portray someone negatively will look at the one thing they do wrong against the tonnes of things they do right.

Brough's kicking game (relative to other England qualified half backs) is anywhere between average and brilliant.

Most England half backs kicking games are average - and thats the difference McNamara can't see. Too often we are on the back foot internationally due to our kicking game.

Sinfield is probably 2nd best but not as good as Brough, and a fair way off Brough as far as long-range kicking goes. And in internationals when you have backs to the wall, the long-range kicking game is key.

Mylers kicking game is non-existent, he's an Edwards-type support player. Depends what England need as a team.

Seems like Brough and Widdop to me, but Sinfield is the designated captain.........

Couldn't agree more.

Not at all,his point was that he gave Hardaker a a chance to tackle him,thus saving a try.Most props would have just ran over the top of the defender.

Agreed. It reminded me very much of the 2010 cup final when Bailey managed to get himself stopped by Mathers despite being one-on-one a metre out.

Agreed. It reminded me very much of the 2010 cup final when Bailey managed to get himself stopped by Mathers despite being one-on-one a metre out.

True  :rolleyes:

I thought Crabtree was immense against Leeds, when the game was still a contest and Leeds were trying to gain the early ascendancy it was Crabtree above all others who battered the Leeds forwards and got Huddersfields momentum going.

He got tackled by Hardacre and maybe should have scored that try but he took him on for pace because he's got that tool in his locker, unlike other props who are just straight up and downers with no agility or pace. On that occasion it worked against him but let's not turn a positive attribute into a negative based on one incident.