Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wonky

town squad vs widnes

96 posts in this topic

carter,miller,calders,patrick,mossop,morris,coyle,forber,connor,matty,phillips,coward,dowes,thacks,shacks,stack,cotter,lupton,olstrum.

no acton, probably precautionary. i hope they dont change the halves.

my team from that 19 would have to be

carter

miller

mossop

patrick

calders

lupton

connor

dowes

phillips

coward

shacks

stack

olstrum

subs

matty

thacks

morris

forber

Acton will be a huge miss

yeah would rather have him 100% for donny in 2 weeks though. him,phillips and walne down then our bench is going to be a bit lightweight. i think forber deserves the nod over coyle and cotter for his efforts this year.no doubt it will be jp who misses out, morris at centre with cotter on the bench.

Yes if thats the 19 then that final 17 is a nobrainer . Calders returning gives the opportunity for Big Red to cover for Walne .

Must keep Connor&Lupton together , we've tinkered enough there , we have a pairing to flourish so just leave them .No worries with JP there as he is a centre naturally , and Shacks may need to do a stint at prop with only Thacks on bench , but no worries there either.

Shame for Acton but no point if not dead right .All the best guys

yeah would rather have him 100% for donny in 2 weeks though. him,phillips and walne down then our bench is going to be a bit lightweight. i think forber deserves the nod over coyle and cotter for his efforts this year.no doubt it will be jp who misses out, morris at centre with cotter on the bench.

Hear Big Red is being used a forward with JP in the centres

Charlo reads our words of wisdom , we'll keep him sweet !!

If Jamie Acton isn't 100% it makes sense not to knock him about in this match.   He'll get to play many SL teams in his career, I have no doubt.

No doubt . He's gonna do what Amor's done .And probably at a better team when you listen to whispers about clubs watching him already !!

Is this the official squad? Haven't see this anywhere?

yeah its the official one, on sky sports. but these are the only 19 available players to us anyhow

Wigan had a nice win today they were massive underdogs ive have a feeling we might pull another shock UP THE TOWN

I see no puddles and the ball is bouncing well. Unlucky bkm! You settle yerself down in front of the tv watching jeremy kyle or summat assa!

Very professional performance by Widnes and Workington did themselves proud and the scoreline doesnt really do them justice. Well done Town hope the lads have come through unscathed for next week. and congratulations Widnes. Good advert for the game and Charlo will be proud of the effort and great applause from the packed crowd. - Off getting dry know - well at least my clothes not too sure about the throat though :lol:  

Comical refereeing performance wasn't it? Widnes' line speed was excellent but when the clueless idiot doesn't look along the line for whole game and let them have a 1 or 2 metre head start before the ball is played you're really going to struggle.

I see Dowes pulled off another big error which led to a Widnes try on the next set. Wish he'd just get his head down and ass up and stop thinking he's a ball player, its driving me potty!

Score was to be expected but a try would've been nice, especially when they were forced into 3 drop outs in a row

Well done on the effort lads :)

Well done lads, a performance to be proud of. Thought our fitness held up well, and Stacky was our MOM by a mile. Tough conditions to play in but I thought we did ok, I'd have liked a score on the board to reward the effort but it just wasn't to be.

Good luck to Widnes and I hope they get to Wembley.

More importantly, the 2 results in the league went in our favour today with Batley beating Swinton 36-6 and Dewsbury beating Keighley 18-10

very proud of all the boys today. yeah we can pick out odd mistakes but that takes away from a very brave effort. they werent 36 points better than us and you can see why we dont opt for too many dual reg players. gareth hock is still the biggest #### bag in rugby, and off todays performance will get destroyed in oz, stack was head and shoulders above him and our best player by quite some distance. the boys should be very proud of there efforts.

Conditions were the main factor today , but I've got to say I'm a bit frustrated . It was a good effort , but with the weather and the fact that they weren't world beaters and made lots of errors , I thought we could have been bang in that if we'd been on top form . There wasn't much in it on the pitch really , we let in some soft tries - how often did they rip us up ? Hardly ever . More than anything though we had so many chances but weren't sharp or clinical enough with the ball . We can take a lot from that game , but we've got to keep looking to be sharper and more effective ball in hand . They got a real workout out from us today , and the score line wasn't a fair reflection . Conditions were a leveller and we lost nothing in the arm wrestle . Silly tries were frustrating and the failure to take advantage of our territory . Really strong endeavour but could have been a lot tighter with better execution and smarts .They were strong but pretty basic , in many areas we matched them . Its a game of taking chances and defending your line in the end .Against a fulltime team though we lost little in defeat .We could have been bang in that .Nothing to fear in our league . Stack was immense and Hock was very illdisciplined .

The difference was the clinical finishing. We had a good few opportunities but didn't take them, they took all of theirs. No surprise there really as our finishing and composure near the opponents line has been iffy all season.

The lads were beaten but not disgraced and I bet those Widnes lads know they've been in a game today. The main thing is we didn't come out of it with any injuries, although no doubt we've got a few sore bodies in the dressing room.

Onwards and upwards, lets take it out on Hunslet next week.