Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wonky

town squad vs widnes

96 posts in this topic

Bloke in front of me from Widnes shouted ' Get your suits for Wembley ' ... Really ?

i'm disappointed they got 36. great effort by the lads we couldn't have asked for anymore effort from them. it was fairly professional performance from widnes in the conditions.

Well played town stack n thacks was class also phillips n matty with olstrum stood out wid morris also that carter was tryen too hard at times but never mind leauge is more important so lets move on n count all the pennys we have made unlike the jam down the road!!!!!!

N my bloody coupon busted in the last min hurt HA HA HA

How fantastic to see a kick from a scrum for Elliot . Please can we see more of this when no full back and two wingers who can catch pigeons !!! Two second rows Stacky and Dave Allen were best on pitch . Hope all our guys came out healthy .

How fantastic to see a kick from a scrum for Elliot . Please can we see more of this when no full back and two wingers who can catch pigeons !!!

only criticism is why didn't we try the kicks through for the wingers a little bit more than we did. still great effort from all the players. play like that against the hawks and we will win.

Agreed . Should always be looking to get our wingers' speed and threat into the game through halves kicking . Little cross kicks through the line and long kicks to sprint after . If your attack is blunt at times with ball in hand the kicking option , on the floor and in the air ,is a big one from the halves to the flanks through the defensive line . Just something to work on for the rest of the season . Lupton had a real dig in attack n defence today . We weren't to inferior today in my eyes but they were smarter and more clinical . So much for us to take forward and build on , our league should hold no fears , just need to keep working on being a bit better in our execution . They know they were in a game !

i thought stack,lupton and thacks really stood up to be counted today.and matty made good yards from dummy half.

You know thinking ahead to next week guys , if Widnes offer us 4 or 5 players again I'd be tempted to take them this once . We have had guys in the pack who've played week in week out taking lots of punishment , culminating in today . With a huge spell in the league to come and games to fit in , this may be the best and only chance to give some a breather . What about if Widnes offer players , give the likes of Olstrum , Stacky , Callum and Thacks a few days off and get them to come back fresh n firing for Donny . Just a thought .

The lads gave them a really good dig today and deserved to get a try at least.    We could have taken 3 or 4 penalties just to score but we wanted a try and who can blame them.     Mr Stokes once again showed his incompetence with some weird decisions.   The biggest disappointment today, apart from the weather, was the attendance figure - 1,657.    I couldn't believe that when I heard it on the radio.    The stand was full, the scratching shed was full and there were cars parked everywhere around the ground, including the river end, which normally doesn't see many cars these days.    Everyone must have come in a car although I saw 5 coaches parked up near the office!!!!!

I thought we missed Jamie Acton today to give that bit of punch through the middle and if I had to be a bit picky I would like to see some of our players run on to the ball like Hock and Allen did for their tries, nobody was going to stop them.     

yeah that sounds way off. the idiots from down the road think it would have neen over 70 if it was sunny???? words cant sum them lot up.

Who was there number 12 he was mom today was outstanding

yeah im not sure how clarke got it, he wasnt even the best hooker on the pitch

yeah that sounds way off. the idiots from down the road think it would have neen over 70 if it was sunny???? words cant sum them lot up.

there must have been a radio in the asylum.

Was it 5000 at that play off game v Salford in 91 ??!!!!!

Well done town today thought they put in a great effort against a well drilled widnes outfit!! The play of the balls seemed the difference for me, they were fired up to play the ball and whilst defending maybe offside sometimes but very fit also!!

Thackerey again put in a good performance and made yards with coward too and stack always had 3 or 4 defenders around him and rightly got man of the match for us!!

Hock took some stick but personally I think he played well, taking the ball in at great angles and always making yards as well as get his dirty fingers in the tackles as well but that's the type of player he is, hope he does well in the NRL.

On next week I think we should rest any guys with niggles and use the dual reg to its full advantage and get Forber and coyle if fit in the 17 a win would be nice but donny and keighley away are the must wins, onwards and upwards up the town and good luck to widnes

Hunslet have problems then . I think some of our guys need ( deserve ) a spell .

Great effort by all the lads shame the two Rown players best equipped to step up a level were missing we missed there ability to get a fast play the ball

Should take great confidence from that into our league campaign now

Great effort by all the lads shame the two Rown players best equipped to step up a level were missing we missed there ability to get a fast play the ball

Should take great confidence from that into our league campaign now

i think it possibly showed today that the town players who we thought could step a division up right now probably need another 1 or 2 seasons in tbe championship to progress, with the exception of stack.

A huge part of top level teams here and Australia is in the wrestle at the ruck . These teams are experts at getting the ball carrier on their back and putting 2 seconds on the play the ball . No quick plays , no momentum and no control of the game . It's a huge step up in physicality and pace , and that showed for guys like Olstrum , who was snuffed out by big guys in his face . Full time is the difference , so its not like for like .It's just a game to learn from and move on .

We compete with our own on a level playing field ! I would include Matty in that Wonky , those two are our players who could step up now .