Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lobbygobbler

Feelgood factor back with P&R return

129 posts in this topic

Dont know about anyone else, but I'm finally starting to get the feelgood factor again about RL after 5-6 years in the wilderness and being downright peed of with RL - after reading the new proposal and after watching Big Nige yesterday on the red button. I was really encouraged by what he said and thought he came across very well.

I really cant wait for the changes and for the stupid 3year licensing guff to end.

Bring it on! If I were a millionaire I would consider investing again in my local club

Does this mean the Championship supporters like Trojan (sorry - first name that sprang to mind!) are going to buy tickets for the World Cup and the Challenge Cup Final now? ;)

Feelgood factor has just left town.

If I was a millionaire, I would be withdrawing my money from the game because it would all get wasted on short term fix, second rate Aussie.

And I shan't bother with the World Cup, because we can look for to another 30 years of youth development taking a back seat - all so Fev and Leigh can get relegated every other year.

There'll soon be another injustice, unfairness, immorality to whine about

There always is.

If I was a millionaire, I would be withdrawing my money from the game because it would all get wasted on short term fix, second rate Aussie.

And I shan't bother with the World Cup, because we can look for to another 30 years of youth development taking a back seat - all so Fev and Leigh can get relegated every other year.

But youth development is only happening properly at the SL clubs. The rest are slowly rotting. The new proposals will allow the other clubs to develop youth. Regarding Aussies - I would reduce imports to one per club in SL.

Does this mean the Championship supporters like Trojan (sorry - first name that sprang to mind!) are going to buy tickets for the World Cup and the Challenge Cup Final now? ;)

Well I'm certainly more inclined to.

Renewing sky sports and prem sports is on ice

Agreed, except that I can't see Leigh challenging any time soon. Fev and Halifax maybe.

Dont know about anyone else, but I'm finally starting to get the feelgood factor again about RL after 5-6 years in the wilderness and being downright peed of with RL - after reading the new proposal and after watching Big Nige yesterday on the red button. I was really encouraged by what he said and thought he came across very well.

I really cant wait for the changes and for the stupid 3year licensing guff to end.

Bring it on! If I were a millionaire I would consider investing again in my local club

I couldn't agree more me owd cockle-doodle-do!! :D  :D  :D 

I'm a cautiously happy fat bloke this morning!

Does this mean the Championship supporters like Trojan (sorry - first name that sprang to mind!) are going to buy tickets for the World Cup and the Challenge Cup Final now? ;)

let's not rush owt eh? See how it goes. :lol:

But I'm happier with the game today than I've been at any other time for over 6 yrs! ....

Someone mentioned Tonga!!!!! :lol:

Shall we do a deal? You SL fans buy some tickets for the NR Cup Final and Championship Grand Final and we'll have a think about returning the favour.

Agreed, except that I can't see Leigh challenging any time soon. Fev and Halifax maybe.

Perhaps not - but there is a chance we might. And that'll do for me a thousands of other fans in the championship - inc. the lapsed ones.

People said the same about Wigan Athletic....

Feelgood factor has just left town.If I was a millionaire, I would be withdrawing my money from the game because it would all get wasted on short term fix, second rate Aussie.And I shan't bother with the World Cup, because we can look for to another 30 years of youth development taking a back seat - all so Fev and Leigh can get relegated every other year.

Why should youth development take a back seat because of this? Despite the obstacles which licensing puts in the way of championship clubs I think you'll find Fev have continued and self funded their robust youth development programme while many other more illustrious members of the Professional game have to some extent abandoned theirs. I don't see any good reason why Fev or the other clubs shouldn't have good youth structures just because of the proposed changes.

God forbid we try to make the game meaningful for all. The game, as a whole, has realised that its time for change and I share the optimism.

Dont know about anyone else, but I'm finally starting to get the feelgood factor again

Yes indeed.

Hudgell will feel good he doesn't have to spend so much if his club will be competing against CC clubs. Fulton and O'Connor will feel the same. Maybe Hughes will also feel good that he can keep London going in cheaper second tier SL. Abbot and Nahaboo will also feel good about not having to spend so much just to survive.

I suspect this has all come about in reality because nobody wants to invest millions in their clubs every year when there's a glass ceiling.

12 team comp no P & R and no NRL has beens and never wasers in the way forward.

A neo Luddite no less.

Shall we do a deal? You SL fans buy some tickets for the NR Cup Final and Championship Grand Final and we'll have a think about returning the favour.

What have the NRC Final and Championship GF got to do with SL?

The international game and the Challenge Cup have something to do with the Championships.

Kind of a strange argument based on unreasonable and unrelated demands!

What have the NRC Final and Championship GF got to do with SL?

The international game and the Challenge Cup have something to do with the Championships.

Kind of a strange argument based on unreasonable and unrelated demands!

It's weird stuff

Attending rugby games featuring the best players in the world is apparently a 'favour' and the reasons people have given for virtually boycotting the World Cup are unbelievable well maybe not when I think about it.

Nobody has to of course: but it does illustrate the self serving parochial attitutudes of some people.

The big dream of franchised game has been shown up for what it is. A waste of time.

Its just a shame that so much damage has been done to the game outside SL.

679 today for Hemel v Oldham. A few seasons ago I counted a crowd of 50 there.

The game outside Super League looks pretty damn good from where I'm sitting.

(In a shiny new stand with a special roof that lets the rain in).

The big dream of franchised game has been shown up for what it is. A waste of time.

Exactly, PSG, Gateshead, crusaders have come and gone, while London make up the numbers season after season at the expense of traditional clubs like Oldham, Halifax, Featherstone, keighley etc who have seen their support dwindle.

679 today for Hemel v Oldham. A few seasons ago I counted a crowd of 50 there.The game outside Super League looks pretty damn good from where I'm sitting.(In a shiny new stand with a special roof that lets the rain in).

Great stuff and with promotion and relegation Hemel can aim for top flight rugby league.

679 today for Hemel v Oldham. A few seasons ago I counted a crowd of 50 there.

The game outside Super League looks pretty damn good from where I'm sitting.

(In a shiny new stand with a special roof that lets the rain in).

Jon - its a good increase for Hemel, but I'm hoping that crowds will double in Co-Op 1 when P&R returns to SL. Imagine what crowds a good Hemel team might get then....

+1