Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lobbygobbler

Feelgood factor back with P&R return

129 posts in this topic

My clubs $H!t, lets make all other clubs $H!t then we can all be $H!t together.

If you are right about all these things it makes you wonder how everything you suggest was so tragically wrong prior to 1996.

My memory might be failing me but weren't we collectively bankrupt?

No. Otherwise sky would have offered peanuts

My clubs $H!t, lets make all other clubs $H!t then we can all be $H!t together.

Sounds fair just and moral to me

Equal opportunities and all that

That's the top and bottom of it. Martyn pretty much nails it.

Tony Smith also isn't a fan: http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/sport/wolves/wolvesnews/10414657.Smith__concerned__about_rugby_league_s_leadership/?ref=twtrec

I have always thought Tony Smith talks common sense and this is another example of a man who really understands the complexities of the issues facing sporting organisations and the structures required for a sport or club to flourish.

Another, well reasoned comment that I don't think any sensible person can argue with

Have I missed something? When is single.drain league position p and r returning?

Has this actually been decided? No? I thought not.

It's a complete crock of .

Have I missed something? When is single.drain league position p and r returning?

Has this actually been decided? No? I thought not.

It's a complete crock of ######.

We'll cop it if it doesn't happen

It'll be like the runway at heathrow

Shall we do a deal? You SL fans buy some tickets for the NR Cup Final and Championship Grand Final and we'll have a think about returning the favour.

A favour buying World Cup tickets? Seriously?

I already go watching the Championship whenever I can...

The attitudes of fans like that should be expunged from the game.

The attitudes of fans like that should be expunged from the game.

unfortunately, they are the ones who we are changing the structure for. disgarceful

unfortunately, they are the ones who we are changing the structure for. disgarceful

Yes it's the Championship minority that's now influencing the elite! Beggars belief that supposedly intelligent people could believe such tosh. Get real for God's sake. The SL clubs have brought this about for two reasons... Firstly the hand full of real elite clubs want to carry on playing each other on a more regular basis and secondly the rest of SL have realised they can't afford to compete with them any longer. It's all to do with finance and nothing more.

It's got absolutely nothing to do with the aspirations of the top Championship clubs. How can anyone be so naieve to think it has?

As I've said previously it was a flippant response to a silly and unnecessary snipe at a Championship fan

No. Otherwise sky would have offered peanuts

Nothing to do with the PayTV dispute in Oz then???

Yes it's the Championship minority that's now influencing the elite! Beggars belief that supposedly intelligent people could believe such tosh.

It's got absolutely nothing to do with the aspirations of the top Championship clubs. How can anyone be so naieve to think it has?

Lobbygobbler reckons the whole thing is down to a collective Damascene conversion at Red Hall. Apparently, the whole thing has been devised to bring back the 10,000 missing Leigh fans whose hopes and dreams were crushed by that nasty Mr Lewis.

The 'feelgood factor' is back and everything!

My clubs $H!t, lets make all other clubs $H!t then we can all be $H!t together.

So which clubs do think have brought about such radical thinking bearing in mind the control that SL has always enjoyed?

Lobbygobbler reckons the whole thing is down to a collective Damascene conversion at Red Hall. Apparently, the whole thing has been devised to bring back the 10,000 missing Leigh fans whose hopes and dreams were crushed by that nasty Mr Lewis.

The 'feelgood factor' is back and everything!

Aye, maybe he does but in reality it's anything but.

I have always thought Tony Smith talks common sense and this is another example of a man who really understands the complexities of the issues facing sporting organisations and the structures required for a sport or club to flourish.

Another, well reasoned comment that I don't think any sensible person can argue with

But yet his CEO was one of the first to champion change within the game's structure. Maybe Tony should stick to coaching his side

As I've said previously it was a flippant response to a silly and unnecessary snipe at a Championship fan

Given the response given, I'd say the original comment was pretty much bob on at bringing out the parochial attitudes of some. It's not the first time I've read a comment like that.

Exactly, PSG, Gateshead, crusaders have come and gone, while London make up the numbers season after season at the expense of traditional clubs like Oldham, Halifax, Featherstone, keighley etc who have seen their support dwindle.

At the "expense" of traditional clubs like Oldham and Halifax? Two clubs that had a shot at SL and blew it?

Tradition shouldn't hold back progression.

At the "expense" of traditional clubs like Oldham and Halifax? Two clubs that had a shot at SL and blew it?

Tradition shouldn't hold back progression.

PSG, Gateshead and crusaders are progression? As I've said these clubs have come and gone while clubs below super league have slowly died due to no promotion to top flight rugby league in the UK.

The biggest problem, also as made in the link, is likely to be a greater fragmentation in standards. The top 8 are likely to get stronger still through receiving greater funding - through bigger attendances by playing in the Super 12 and the Super Super 8, and the increased TV monies such a fixture list would entail. There is a possibility, or even probability, that the next 4 are going to be constantly self-selecting. The bottom 4 of the Super 12 will be better resourced than the top 4 of the Bottom 12, and are likely to 'bounce back' year after year by dominating the Middle 8.

So we could end up with a very definite top 8 clubs, followed by another two distinct groups of four, and the bottom 8 - with little or no movement between them. Current Championship clubs could find themselves further away from playing the elite than they are now.

This is the consensus we seem to be coming to.

I await someone in the RL media asking the RFL how a competition i.e. the Middle 8 can be a real competition when it's effectively professionals coming off the back of a tough 11 rounds of professional rugby league then playing part timers.

It's a simple question that may never get asked. It certainly won't be offered up in a press release.

But yet his CEO was one of the first to champion change within the game's structure. Maybe Tony should stick to coaching his side

The man talks absolute sense and presents a vary well thought out argument and best you can counter with is to say this. grow up. I don't trust three quarters of the self interested CEOs leading the SL and Champ clubs.

Maybe you should keep your opinions to yourself until they are at least 25% as sensible as Tony Smith's.

PSG, Gateshead and crusaders are progression? As I've said these clubs have come and gone while clubs below super league have slowly died due to no promotion to top flight rugby league in the UK.

Tell me which clubs have actually died? I can only see clubs that have failed to do anything in the Championship because of their own mismanagement and are now languishing at the bottom of Champ or in Champ 1. Those are great credentials for a club entering SL aren't they Walter?

I see other clubs have managed to survive and do quite well in the Champ since licencing. Heck, one even got promoted to SL. Get a grip Walter.

This is the consensus we seem to be coming to.

I await someone in the RL media asking the RFL how a competition i.e. the Middle 8 can be a real competition when it's effectively professionals coming off the back of a tough 11 rounds of professional rugby league then playing part timers.

It's a simple question that may never get asked. It certainly won't be offered up in a press release.

This is the key question (amongst many others) that'll hopefully pull the whole thing down.

I'm still not 100% convinced this isn't all a roose though.

It was a comment said in jest aimed at many Championship supporters on this board (hence the apology to Trojan in the original post). This board has become stale and lacks character.