Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

snapski

Catalan v Castleford - KO change (merged threads)

33 posts in this topic

We have Catalans Away, followed by Magic weekend, followed by London away, so you can tell money is pretty tight.

many people have booked to arrive on Saturday morning into Gerona and I'm sorry but 3 hrs does make a big difference.

I know many of you have scoffed at the OP but I think those that are traveling do have a genuine grievance.

On top of that some do go the day before and stop in Lloret or Barcelona with an itinerary of what's happening on the Saturday - this now has to change at the drop of a hat.

We have Catalans Away, followed by Magic weekend, followed by London away, so you can tell money is pretty tight.

many people have booked to arrive on Saturday morning into Gerona and I'm sorry but 3 hrs does make a big difference.

I know many of you have scoffed at the OP but I think those that are traveling do have a genuine grievance.

On top of that some do go the day before and stop in Lloret or Barcelona with an itinerary of what's happening on the Saturday - this now has to change at the drop of a hat.

I didn't scoff at the OP Kenny, I can see where he/she is coming from

my point was that the massively general trend is different to what has been said and you can't please everybody.

Would have been interesting to see if the kick-off time change would have been allowed if one of the bigger SL teams were the visitors. 

Would have been interesting to see if the kick-off time change would have been allowed if one of the bigger SL teams were the visitors. 

Probably, it's for two Frenchies in the kick and clap Euro final after all.

Castleford Tigers wishes to notify fans that the kick-off time for the Super League fixture versus Catalan Dragons on Saturday 18th May has been changed to 4pm local time (3pm GMT).  The Club has worked hard with the RFL to reschedule the kick-off time following the initial change at the weekend from 6pm to 3pm local time at the request of French Television.

Castleford Tigers Chief Executive, Steve Gill said: "We would like to thank Emma Rosewarne at the RFL who has understood the difficulties that our supporters will have faced due to the late notice of the first rescheduled kick-off time.  Our fans have had the trip to Catalan planned for some time and we felt that the initial change was unfair as some would have missed the match, so we have worked closely with the RFL to try and find a more suitable time.”

ENDS

Brett Cullen

Media Relations  Officer

To be deeply pedantic it's 3 PM BST (British Summer Time) which is GMT +1 with the rest of Western Europe being on GMT +2. So there!

To be deeply pedantic it's 3 PM BST (British Summer Time) which is GMT +1 with the rest of Western Europe being on GMT +2. So there!

To be even more pedantic, the modern usage is referred to as UTC.