Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

donny donny

BBC to show more World Cup games than originally announced.

24 posts in this topic

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned already on here but it looks like the BBC have already decided they will be showing more World Cup games. They originally announced that they would show all Englands group games, a quarter-final, a semi-final and the final, but they advertised during the Hudds v Leeds game that they will also be showing the Wales v Italy game now. It'll be on BBC 2 straight after the England v Australia match. Hopefully this means they may pick up some more games as-well.

Yep just noticed that - great news!

Their coverage was absolute quality yesterday. Fair play to them great news they're showing more games.

I hope they have Noble and Wilkin signed up for their coverage, both are naturals infront of the camera. Noble has a brilliant personality and is very funny, without being a northern stereotype a la Barry and Terry.

We need to fill the stadiums and the Beeb will sit up and take notice. If a month out the WC Final is sold out, 50k have been sold for the opener and Wembley then the press and TV will want to feature it more etc.

Hear, hear to all the above.

I thought all three panellists brought a nice mixture of views and interacted with each other well. They did a splendid job. 

What's the best way of telling the Beeb, keep it up??

Their coverage was absolute quality yesterday. Fair play to them great news they're showing more games.

Coverage was very good but i found hearing the ref shout so loud at every tackle annoying. Hearing the video ref was good though as was the red button after the game.

The red button coverage yesterday was excellent and overall the game coverage was very good, well done BBC ! Now if they had just got the cup draw right...

What's the best way of telling the Beeb, keep it up??

If you're on Twitter you could tweet @BBCSport and let them know that way or alternatively you could email them. I think the email address is rugbyleague@bbc.co.uk (if memory serves from the red button coverage yesterday, when they gave out an email address!)

I think as many people as possible contacting them would be great because if they realise fans think they are doing a good job then that will help them continue doing a good job!

read somewhere the other day - RL World I think - that they're trying to persuade BBC Wales to show all the Welsh games live. Hopefully that will be confirmed at some point soon

Aye, I noticed that.

I remember Premier Sports saying they only have exclusive rights to the Australia and NZ matches (unless England are involved), so it seems the other matches are up for grabs

Might end up on S4C, but they could do an English commentary on the red button like they do with soccer.

read somewhere the other day - RL World I think - that they're trying to persuade BBC Wales to show all the Welsh games live. Hopefully that will be confirmed at some point soon

Might end up on S4C, but they could do an English commentary on the red button like they do with soccer.

I'd be amazed if it ends up on S4C - they don't even read out the RL scores or any reports of the Welsh derby, but I am always hopeful.   I did write to the BBC to complain that I thought Wales as a host nation for the RLWC2013 were being overlooked and I am glad that there appears to be some reconsideration

I'd be amazed if it ends up on S4C - they don't even read out the RL scores or any reports of the Welsh derby, but I am always hopeful.   I did write to the BBC to complain that I thought Wales as a host nation for the RLWC2013 were being overlooked and I am glad that there appears to be some reconsideration

They did show Celtic Crusaders games ... and their highest rated programme of 1995 was Wales v Samoa in the RLWC.

I did write to the BBC to complain that I thought Wales as a host nation for the RLWC2013 were being overlooked and I am glad that there appears to be some reconsideration

Well done for that. At what point did the first 'B' in BBC become short for 'English', after all. We should be expecting coverage of all the Scotland and Wales games as a minimum - imagine this happening if it was the football world cup.

Well done for that. At what point did the first 'B' in BBC become short for 'English', after all. We should be expecting coverage of all the Scotland and Wales games as a minimum - imagine this happening if it was the football world cup.

Scotland and Fifa World Cup are not common bed fellows. :P

I'd be amazed if it ends up on S4C - they don't even read out the RL scores or any reports of the Welsh derby, but I am always hopeful.   

Derby?  It's about three hours drive!

Derby?  It's about three hours drive!

Better than the London-Catalans derby!

I've read and re-read this thread, and I think there must be something wrong with TRL, because nobody's posted a rant about how this is terrible news and that the game is doomed. Can you check the software, Webby?

I've read and re-read this thread, and I think there must be something wrong with TRL, because nobody's posted a rant about how this is terrible news and that the game is doomed. Can you check the software, Webby?

There's been a thread started explaining this http://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php/topic/239721-a-new-look-totalrlcom-is-on-its-way/