Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PETES' LADS' BRUV

Bulldogs v Swinton latest score

47 posts in this topic

6-0 to the dogs

12-NIL

16-0

Were playing uphill in the second half

22-0

28-6

34-6

I'm pretty sure Swinton brought more players than fans today. Outrageous.

Regardless of how many Swinton brought, less than 600 is pretty poor. Ironically, I reckon being successful is working against us, with people not turning up to matches where they reckon we will win easily enough.

We should not bother how many opposition fans there are, they should be the bonus. We should be ensuring we have enough home fans to keep the club solvent.

and what was the official crowd figure ?

Sod the crowd its there loss but I do wonder if DD is on to summat? As people dont like to watch a losing team (aka Rams) perhaps the lack of a challenge (aka Swinton) puts the floating speckie off? Perhaps when the format changes and the good teams (aka Bulldogs Fev etc) are playing the dross from Superdooper league and not the poor championship teams (aka the Rams) then the crowds might pick up if not our secret lottery winner will keep having to pump money in ;)

That last comment was for you Equalizer ya green eyed monster :lol:

Sod the crowd its there loss but I do wonder if DD is on to summat? As people dont like to watch a losing team (aka Rams) perhaps the lack of a challenge (aka Swinton) puts the floating speckie off? Perhaps when the format changes and the good teams (aka Bulldogs Fev etc) are playing the dross from Superdooper league and not the poor championship teams (aka the Rams) then the crowds might pick up if not our secret lottery winner will keep having to pump money in ;)

That last comment was for you Equalizer ya green eyed monster :lol:

Oddly enough nearly 900 at Tetleys today for two "Poor championship teams". I believe that equates to approx another £4000 in the coffers for the Rams. Sorry I forgot that Batley charge that bit extra for watching a "good team" so maybe only £3000 extra. There again if you want to watch a " good team" who win trophies on regular occasion then maybe it's worth it. Sorry I slipped up again.  ;)

I'll second that theory.

With the good quality stuff we've been playing, the thought of going to watch sides that are an almost certain walkover hasn't been appealing. This is a new feeling for me as a Batley fan.

Its like yer old appendage Young un its not how big it is its what you do with it that counts and at Dewsbury yer shuving it up a sheeps bum. I hope the 900 enjoy your relegation battle because if you think sneaking a win against Keighley will transform yer season just wait untill early June when the dogs put 50 on yer sorry *****. Still 892 of you wont be there to see it will you :lol:

Its like yer old appendage Young un its not how big it is its what you do with it that counts and at Dewsbury yer shuving it up a sheeps bum. I hope the 900 enjoy your relegation battle because if you think sneaking a win against Keighley will transform yer season just wait untill early June when the dogs put 50 on yer sorry *****. Still 892 of you wont be there to see it will you :lol:

I maybe a little bit on the thick side here but as I understand it the Dogs currently stand as having lost to Sheffield,Leigh, Fev and gaining a draw against Fax at home. Doesn't augur well for the rest of the season from an attendance point of view as I think you only have one "good team" left to play at home, Leigh. All the rest will apparently be walk overs. :huh:

Nah we av the seaguls to beat at home too although they only bring 3 fans but their coach spends quite alot on chips while he's there. And as attendances are over a season we will boost our average on our way to the play off final and another NR cup win rather than being hit over the head with the wooden spoon!

Regardless of how many Swinton brought, less than 600 is pretty poor. Ironically, I reckon being successful is working against us, with people not turning up to matches where they reckon we will win easily enough.

So I guess the extrapolation of this is that the more games you win the lower your gates will get. Fascinating!!

£55 you either live in doncaster or your a greedy boy bulldoggy

I think that the entrance charges have to be seriously looked at because after paying in and having some food and a few pints and a taxi there and back it cost me £55 today. its not a cheap afternoon out and I can see why our crowds are poor.

Hmmm! £14 to get in and £41 on taxi, ale and grub yet it's the entrance charges that are too high.

I hope you didn't buy a programme too.

;)

Hmmm! £14 to get in and £41 on taxi, ale and grub yet it's the entrance charges that are too high.

I hope you didn't buy a programme too.

;)

That would have been an extra quid!!!!

Perhaps if you didn't give out so many complimentary tickets you'd do better.

I had to speak to the guy who was dealing with them and he had a wad of tickets to be dished out.

Cost plays a massive part, at our last home game Swinton cut the entrance fee to £5 ( to low IMO) but it resulted in a crowd of 1141 on a Thursday night with the opposition being Whitehaven.

Do you like how I have offered some advice without slagging your club off unlike one or two of your fans have ours.

600 x £15 = £9000.

1200 x £5 = £6000.

I don't think dropping trousers on the ticket price is the answer. We've done it plenty of times in the past and it just doesn't work. £15 is not a lot. We just need to Market our club better. Like fev do.

Not being party to what happens in respect of complimentarys etc., but I would hazard a guess that not too many are dished out to allcomers. I would expect that the tickets he had were for those coming as part of hospitality packages etc. or players passes. In the first instance, the club would have received a financial return in respect of them and for the players I think they are entitled to some as part of their contracts.

600 x £15 = £9000.

1200 x £5 = £6000.

I don't think dropping trousers on the ticket price is the answer. We've done it plenty of times in the past and it just doesn't work. £15 is not a lot. We just need to Market our club better. Like fev do.

I did say five pounds was to cheap.The point I was illustrating was that people are price driven,especially a consideration for away fans, for example yesterday I attended with my son, it cost me 20 pound in fuel a further 25 quid entrance. Parking and refreshments added another 12 quid,just shy of 60 quid. I am in a position where my disposable income allows me to do this luckily, many families arn't and it is easy to see why crowds are dropping at all grounds.