Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

marklaspalmas

Challenge Cup Quarter Final draw

131 posts in this topic

Typical league reponse on facebook - its between 7am and 9pm "7am is a disgrace!" sheesh

8.35am confirmed on twitter.

BBC Breakfast, will they be having Bacon with that?

Splendider.

Call yourself a proper fan?

Call yourself a proper fan?

Shh, it's my cunning disguise. :ph34r:

After a bit my enthusiasm for the BBC Presenters doing the draw has waned. I hope they at least have some players in attendance like Sam Tomkins, Richie Myler and Phil Joseph.

UPDATE

Challenge Cup draw live on BBC1 and BBC 5 Live

The draw for the quarter-finals of the 2013 Tetley’s Challenge Cup will be broadcast live to the nation on both BBC Television and BBC Radio on Saturday (May 18).
One of the biggest audiences ever recorded for a live Challenge Cup draw will be able to tune in to watch or listen to the fate of the eight remaining clubs in this year’s competition when the draw takes place at 8.35am.
The draw will be conducted live from the BBC studios at MediaCityUK and be broadcast simultaneously by BBC Breakfast TV and BBC Radio 5 Live, with both programmes following up with instant reaction to the pairings.
The eight teams that will go into the draw are Catalan Dragons, Huddersfield Giants, Hull FC, London Broncos, Sheffield Eagles, Warrington Wolves, Widnes Vikings and Wigan Warriors.
Two quarter-finals will be screened live on BBC2 on Saturday July 13 and Sunday July 14 and Sky Sports will screen the remaining two quarter-finals (if UK-based) on Friday July 12 and Monday July 15.

Simulcast? Excellent! I usually have Radio 5 on, on a Saturday morning, so if I forget about the draw being televised, I'll still hear it.

Simulcast? Excellent! I usually have Radio 5 on, on a Saturday morning, so if I forget about the draw being televised, I'll still hear it.

Just had a nosey at their schedule; what a shame it isn't during the Danny Baker show. I imagine he'd be happy! :rolleyes:

Being quite heavily trailed on BBC Breakfast, had 2-3 mentions in last 20 mins.

And they just mentioned the Rugby World Cup happening this year. That's THE Rugby World Cup, not Rugby League world cup!

Catalans v Hull

Wire v Hudds

Wigan v Widnes

Sheffield v London

What a brilliant draw and round of ties

Good draw. I giggled at Warrington v Huddersfield. 3rd time lucky?!

The eagles have a right chance of making the semis. FIrst SL opponent for the eagles in the CC it will be interesting to see how they get on. Hate to see what the crowd will be though.

Intriguing. I've never actually seen a draw like this done before.

London must fancy their chances. A great draw, albeit away from home.

Wigan also get a less-than-difficult draw.

I think Hull will beat Catalans.

The other tie, flip a coin