Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

marklaspalmas

Challenge Cup Quarter Final draw

131 posts in this topic

Also there must be a decent sized expat French community in London?

Just to be clear, London is claimed to be France's 6th largest city, based on the resident population of French citizens.

Just to be clear, London is claimed to be France's 6th largest city, based on the resident population of French citizens.

Don't want to be getting ahead of myself but if Catalan do make the final then these expats are a must to be targeted.

It's a win-win draw for Sheffield and London, aside from neither side making any money from it. If London win, as expected, they're through to the Semis, which is good news for them and their beleagured fans. If the Eagles win then it's a big upset, shades of 98 etc etc. Basically, everyone wins (apart from the accountants)

I fancy Sheffield to beat London, they struggle to beat Fev on their own midden.  Eagles have already beaten Fev this season.

2009 final Wire 25 Hudds 16.

2010 5th round Hudds 4 Wire 60.

2012 Semi final Hudds 6 Wire 33.

2013????????? History is on our side? Top that with a 28-2 home win and a 34-12 away win for Wire against Hudds in 2013 and I think they'll be more worried about Wires than wires are about them,although Hudds are in fine form and won't be underestimated by Tony Smith and Co. i'm sure.

I am hoping it could be one of the telly games.

They're all on telly.

2009 final Wire 25 Hudds 16.

2010 5th round Hudds 4 Wire 60.

2012 Semi final Hudds 6 Wire 33.

2013????????? History is on our side? Top that with a 28-2 home win and a 34-12 away win for Wire against Hudds in 2013 and I think they'll be more worried about Wires than wires are about them,although Hudds are in fine form and won't be underestimated by Tony Smith and Co. i'm sure.

It also makes you a step closer to losing to Huddersfield in a CC game.

Imagine a London V Catalans Semi-Final. That would be the lowest Semi-Final crowd in history.....

I think there's a fair chance that the Catalans-Hull game wont be on tv. BBC have, I think, the first two picks - they wont send a full production crew all the way to France when they can send one to Wigan instead. They'll deffo go for Wire-Giants and then I'd be very surprised if it's not Wigan. Sky have said they'd only show two games if they're both in the UK.

In the event of London v Catalans semi,they've got to play it in France. Doubt they would but.....

BBC went to Catalan last year for the Wite game. I think they may pick that and the Wire v Hudds game which would mean all four matches live. Fingers crossed!

I think there's a fair chance that the Catalans-Hull game wont be on tv. BBC have, I think, the first two picks - they wont send a full production crew all the way to France when they can send one to Wigan instead. They'll deffo go for Wire-Giants and then I'd be very surprised if it's not Wigan. Sky have said they'd only show two games if they're both in the UK.

In the event of London v Catalans semi,they've got to play it in France. Doubt they would but.....

I thought it was in LE that the BBC would cover the Catalans if they were drawn at home?

Imagine a London V Catalans Semi-Final. That would be the lowest Semi-Final crowd in history.....

Dependds in venue. If its at Widnes then the game is a ###### joke

Dependds in venue. If its at Widnes then the game is a ###### joke

Why would they put it in Widnes?

I thought it was in LE that the BBC would cover the Catalans if they were drawn at home?

No, they can choose to show Catalan if they wish, but they don't have to. Sky have definitely said they won't be covering a game in France though.

Yes, I chuckled. Somewhere Paley is cheering and the IRB are currently rushing the Cone of Silence to Media City at great haste

They are probably calling their lawyers seeing as how they have copywrighted the term "Rugby World Cup".

A court case could be the best publicity for OUR world cup ever.

Good draw for Huddersfield..... I believe in probability, hope I'm wrong.... July a few weeks away.... Wires must improve.

No, they can choose to show Catalan if they wish, but they don't have to. Sky have definitely said they won't be covering a game in France though.

They've shown willingness to go to France before, though. Remember Toulouse's Cup run a few years ago? The BBC chose their match at home to (I think) Widnes over any of the ties involving SL sides.

They've shown willingness to go to France before, though. Remember Toulouse's Cup run a few years ago? The BBC chose their match at home to (I think) Widnes over any of the ties involving SL sides.

Also I think I pointed it out in this thread earlier, Catalan v wire was broadcast live by the BBC last year. It would be brilliant if they pick the Catalan game and the Wire game, as then Sky would be expected to pick up the other two and we would get all four games.

Also I think I pointed it out in this thread earlier, Catalan v wire was broadcast live by the BBC last year. It would be brilliant if they pick the Catalan game and the Wire game, as then Sky would be expected to pick up the other two and we would get all four games.

That would indeed be most excellent.

Still, if the BBC don't show it there's always the option of watching Catalan v Hull in the pub.

Attention Richard Bacon! This is how to do a very simple task well. Take note.

I agree, the BBC probably will show the Catalan game. My comment was in reply to a poster who thought the report in League Express stated that the BBC had already agreed to show Catalan at home - which as far as I'm aware they hadn't. Hopefully they will though.

Good draw for Huddersfield..... I believe in probability, hope I'm wrong.... July a few weeks away.... Wires must improve.

Nah

Wire just need to hope Huddersfield don't change their usual game plan v Wire which is usually "enjoy watching the excellent attack from Warrington for half an hour then try to join in"