Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

duffymoon

SALFORD ALREADY IN OUR SCHOOLS

21 posts in this topic

Following on from the news last week that Mr Koukash plans to visit every school in Salford to preach his gospel is the news that he had started his mission in Swinton.On my delivery this morning to St Peters School I was informed that the children had been given free tickets admitting 2 adults and a child to a forthcoming home game,

Local schools in OUR area should not allow this to happen. Any such schools should be named & shamed and quite rightly so. Have they not heard of the word ‘loyalty’?

Also the council's education department should prevent it also. In principle, it’s just NOT the right thing to do if you've got any scruples in the way you operate your business and conduct your affairs with the public in general.

Just imagine for a moment, if the boot was ‘on the other foot’ and WE were encroaching into schools in M5, M6 or M7 - or even their 'new home territory’ M30. If that were the case, just imagine the howls of indignation from the Pinks and their merry band of followers.

Eccles Town Reds!    M27 - KEEP OUT

:rolleyes: 

Local schools in OUR area should not allow this to happen. Any such schools should be named & shamed and quite rightly so. Have they not heard of the word ‘loyalty’?

Also the council's education department should prevent it also. In principle, it’s just NOT the right thing to do if you've got any scruples in the way you operate your business and conduct your affairs with the public in general.

Just imagine for a moment, if the boot was ‘on the other foot’ and WE were encroaching into schools in M5, M6 or M7 - or even their 'new home territory’ M30. If that were the case, just imagine the howls of indignation from the Pinks and their merry band of followers.

Eccles Town Reds!    M27 - KEEP OUT

I think they do understand the word "loyalty"...unfortunately they just have probably never heard of Swinton RLFC !!!

Paul's right! You have to remember that every single school child wasn't born when we left Station Road.

Paul's right! You have to remember that every single school child wasn't born when we left Station Road.

.......worryingly it's actually closer to every single University student wasn't born when we left Station Road. In fact probably nobody under the age of 25 will ever remember seeing Swinton play in the Borough!!! :(

.......worryingly it's actually closer to every single University student wasn't born when we left Station Road. In fact probably nobody under the age of 25 will ever remember seeing Swinton play in the Borough!!! :(

Swinton RLFC! are YOU reading this?

:D  :O  :(  :rolleyes: 

Nowt new. Salford were giving free tickets away at Moorside in the late 70s when I was there. Don't panic, they're xxxxing in the wind. They've got less fans than us, which is astonishing given the recent history of our clubs.

Yes I remember free tickets to Moorside kids .

Its nothing new. I threw them in the bin.....

Why o why don't we remember these type of shenanigans when we're being very gracious and offering our share of gate money!!!!!!!

BTW have we got that back yet?????? Come on Marwan......hand in pocket time and hand it over........

Why o why don't we remember these type of shenanigans when we're being very gracious and offering our share of gate money!!!!!!!

BTW have we got that back yet?????? Come on Marwan......hand in pocket time and hand it over........

That's about as likely as him lowering the taxes on Planet Mongo!

BTWt??????

BTW  ???  We're not all from the planet Acronymius Major. Plain and simple English please

PS eventually found out that it means "by the way" (8 letters + 2 spaces)

Mind you it'd help if we were playing in Swinton (stating the bleeding obvious, apologies).

Has anyone heard anything on Agecroft? Doesn't look like we are going to be there anytime soon.

I spoke very briefly with Dave Roberts after the Batley match and asked what had happened at the last meeting with the Council a couple of weeks ago.  He just said that John Kidd had to go back to them with more information.  Not very enlightening I know but at least there are ongoing efforts.

Mind you it'd help if we were playing in Swinton (stating the bleeding obvious, apologies).

Or even in Pendlebury (or Clifton) like Station Road was.

Indeed. In fact when we joined the RFU in 1871 our name was registered as "Swinton & Pendlebury FC". The "Pendlebury" was dropped 5 years later for 2 possible reasons. Firstly, the title was too cumbersome, secondly, there was distinct rivalry between the 2 districts (and different dialects even).

Indeed. In fact when we joined the RFU in 1871 our name was registered as "Swinton & Pendlebury FC". The "Pendlebury" was dropped 5 years later for 2 possible reasons. Firstly, the title was too cumbersome, secondly, there was distinct rivalry between the 2 districts (and different dialects even).

Thanks Steve, always interesting to get the historical slant of life and sport in the dear old borough/urban district

:onthequiet:  :download:  :rtfm:

Talking to one of the dads whose lad plays on Folly U7's with my son tonight and they're off to watch Salford for free tomorrow night. His son came home with a leaflet handed to them at school in Worsley and they sent away for free tickets which arrived in the post yesterday with the compliments of Ming the Mercenary.

Disappointing!

Talking to one of the dads whose lad plays on Folly U7's with my son tonight and they're off to watch Salford for free tomorrow night. His son came home with a leaflet handed to them at school in Worsley and they sent away for free tickets which arrived in the post yesterday with the compliments of Ming the Mercenary.

Disappointing!

The under 7 concerned, was his dad called Steve per chance.??

The thing is with this scenario though is that parent must be aware of Swinton as a rugby league team. He just chooses not to go I presume

Will he go to Swinton for free?

Will he continue to return to Salford when he has to pay?

Will that child feel that sense of belonging we all got at Station rd that led to us to love/ live Swinton RLFC?

Its the easiest thing in the world to dish out free tickets.

Is it the answer or should our input at the schools be more tangible like the coaching that was mentioned recently?

I agree. Free tickets does not win fans or favour. We should know that from our Bury experience. If anything it gives the impression that you have a cheap product, and so when the time comes to pay, people resent it and won't. Cheap kids tickets with full price adult tickets is a better policy. Keighley didn't achieve Cougermania by letting everyone in for nowt. They became the focal point of the community and got people wanting to support the club. There are other similar examples. All combined with a winning & entertaining team helps of course!