Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keith T

Hock in trouble

53 posts in this topic

Now we know when it happened! Hock charged reference an incident in the 36th minute.

Anyone notice it on the video?

Widnes web site states: "Vikings back-rower Gareth Hock has been banned for 4 matches and fined £300 for a Grade D offence, following an incident in the Tetley's Challenge Cup 5th Round game at Workington Town last Sunday."

If we had game highlights on our website what a lot of "hits" we would have had as everyone is desperate to actually see what happened!!!

Unfortunately it doesn't do us any favours Hock being banned, results in one less forward being available to us on DR!

Unfortunately / fortunately he wasn't in the deal anyway !!

Right Keith , other clubs can do similar things and it would really raise the profile and of course your exposure to the outside world . Plus it's good to see and analyse things again , or see away games we haven't been to . And if it had to be for a small monthly fee would raise a few quid to . Could put old games and highlights on from glory years to as part of the package!

Unfortunately / fortunately he wasn't in the deal anyway !!

True, but his replacement in the Widnes team for four matches does reduce our DR pool.

Oh yes , sorry.

Well with Widnes having a few forwards out i can not see any dual going your way.Unless you want Ben Davies as he is way out the pecking order.I can only see Declan Hulme,Briscoe, and Gore available.Well i would love to see a video of what happened and i bet if was at Wigan or Warrington he would get no more than a game ban. :D

Media sources state: "Hock was running back into his team's defensive line when he caught the official. The committee heard the clash was "unnecessary and avoidable"."

Gee whizz , even he thought Gorgeous George was having a shocker that's cheap and classless from an international player . Must have been bang to rights on video .

Apparently Stokes himself said it was accidental in his match report which is why he took no action but Ganson overruled him and referred it.

We need to see this and ajudicate !!

Seems harsh 4 matches if a accident.4 matches is for something serious.We all need to see a video for proof.

The man may be an international but he's an absolute raving lunatic. He could've been penalised a number of times for high shots or elbows on the ground in the tackle but Stokes must've been terrified he was going to get another 'accidental and unavoidable' shot if he did anything.

Aye , just seems to be in him doesn't it . Got sent off not so long ago for giving an in goal ref a gobful didn't he . One incident among to many I'm afraid . I'll be very interested how they handle him in Oz

Hasn't he been banned for this before

July 2008 mate . Grabbed Ian Smiths elbow , 5 game ban . Quote afterward ' I won't be doing that again that's for sure '

July 2008 mate . Grabbed Ian Smiths elbow , 5 game ban . Quote afterward ' I won't be doing that again that's for sure '

Well he didn't !!!   :lol:

Four matches for something the match ref thought was accidental- compared to five matches for running from the field of play, smacking a player, a steward and a match commisioner. Something wrong somewhere?

unbelivable if Hock gets four games for that - and I saw the incident happen, then the guy who ran into Bentham and done his knee should be signed high . If anything it was the ginger tosser who moved when hick was running back into the line and there was very little chance of Gaz getting out of the way. If anything, as a poster on the widnes forum correctly says, he should be banned for not running over the idiots head

Aye , just seems to be in him doesn't it . Got sent off not so long ago for giving an in goal ref a gobful didn't he . One incident among to many I'm afraid . I'll be very interested how they handle him in Oz

he will be fine - different style of refs and players who can give as good as they take .

Four matches for something the match ref thought was accidental- compared to five matches for running from the field of play, smacking a player, a steward and a match commisioner. Something wrong somewhere?

The match commissioner deserved it!

Liverpool Echo today: "Widnes coach Denis Betts told the ECHO: “They made a bit of a line break at the end of the first half from dummy-half.

“Gaz was running across when he bumped into the referee and they alleged he could have changed his line.

“I think Gaz’s record has gone against him a little bit.

“There’s no malice or intent there and the referee just gets back up and gets on with it.

“It’s just a bump in his back but it knocks him off balance.

“The hard part is that they haven’t been able to take into account how difficult it was to change direction

“When you watch it on tape the grass looks pretty green and the surface looks okay.

“So you can’t actually appreciate how horrible it was on the field.

“It’s one of those things; we’ve just got to take our medicine and go with it.”"