Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stratobill

Featherstone V Leigh.Sun19th 3pm K.O.

Match Prediction   39 members have voted

1. 1. Win, Lose or Draw

• Featherstone To Win
    • Leigh To Win

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

39 posts in this topic

Great spoons in town, Thomas Burke, if you are early enough

we will be plenty early mate

Suicidal rugby at its very best,

Best team won today there defence was bang on Lets hope Greg back next week if not we need someone in centre

Best and more composed side won..Overdid our plays and got caught; Leighs defence was great;

we were losing at half time same as when we played fax,,guess who was missing today at half time.

just my opinion,,,,,

Best and more composed side won..Overdid our plays and got caught; Leighs defence was great;

Spot on. Another day, interceptions might not have happened and we might have won. We didn't, the best team on the day did. We move on, end of!

I can't believe we won, that amount of position and possession would have the sky predictor at Fev by 40

Lot of guts from our lads today

It doesn't matter how much ball we have if you tackle like you did we just couldn't get through Shame our centre didn't tackle half as much but onwards and upwards we can't win them all with a bit of luck we can get back to a bit of normality over the next week and get our first win

we were losing at half time same as when we played fax,,guess who was missing today at half time.

just my opinion,,,,,

Can't turn the clock back Danny - DP has gone - move on

Best team won, we gifted them 3 interception tries,although our 2 tries were brilliant, defence was awesome, move on, bring on next week. Onwards and upwards!!!

I can't believe we won, that amount of position and possession would have the sky predictor at Fev by 40

Lot of guts from our lads today

full agreement. your lads were out on their feet, but still kept going. and you lost brierley to injury. they did you proud, and the support did them proud.

This is how I saw it. Leigh tackled like demons. Although their task was made easier by the amount of one up Rugby we played today. The forwards fir Leigh were incredible especially, Ostik, Goulden, Spencer, Thorniley, Hopkins and Beswick. Beswick played 60 minutes at hooker, and just as he was having a well deserved rest, blowing out of his rse, he had to come back on because of the Injury to Brierley, top effort by a top bloke at this level.

In fairness neither team created anything from close quarters, the only close range try was when Matt Gardener slipped the tackle of Jonny Hepworth for the softest if soft tries.

Hardman and Hodson were Rovers' men of match for me, with Martyn Ridyard making the difference for Leigh with his direction.

I hope it was just a bad day at the office for Fev but we had poor completion in this game. The one thing however that I hope I'm wrong about is that Rovers' body language looked a little negative today.

York and Leigh next, can the team bounce back?

Very sporting reactions from Fev fans. Our team spirit (and defence) seems to have gone up a couple of notches since we had to stop paying win bonuses. Just goes to show that players in the Championship aren't in it for the money!

Anyway, now that we've finally got the Featherstone monkey off our backs, the league game in a fortnight should also be a close one.

Well done to all the Fev fans who after the game wished us luck and said how well we played. It was a good day out from getting into Fev in The Last orders pub and the Fev Hotel to getting home to Leigh. Now looking forward to the game at ours in 2 weeks time. And again sorry I missed you Robin, and also Sidnee, hope to see you at Leigh.

By the way Robin Frank asked me to tell you if you tried to contact him tonight he left his phone in Barnard's car and won't get it back till Wednesday.