Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ernieone

Old Terrace

15 posts in this topic

Good to see work has started on demolishing the old terracing this morning.

I thought they were going to leave it alone until it could be replaced? Is our secret lottery winner paying for a new stand?

I thought they were going to leave it alone until it could be replaced? Is our secret lottery winner paying for a new stand?

The idea now is to take it down and put a walkway around that part of the pitch so speccies wanting to move from one end of the ground to the other do not all have to walk round past the bottleneck at The Doghouse/entrance to 9 'ole etc.

(It's for when we are in SL2 and have vast crowds!!!!!)

Ah yes but at least at the bottleneck they spend spend spend! And I thought the club would not be doing any more work seeing as we are selling the ground (according to Coolie)

The idea now is to take it down and put a walkway around that part of the pitch so speccies wanting to move from one end of the ground to the other do not all have to walk round past the bottleneck at The Doghouse/entrance to 9 'ole etc.

(It's for when we are in SL2 and have vast crowds!!!!!)

And once laid the walkway will be part of the base for the new stand

Its phase 1 of the master plan

the whailing towers have to be set deep

so its quite simple...start with the deepest foundation and work up plus its the most easterly point.

you know whats been built so why the shock

you cant stop the tides how ever much you try ;)

Its phase 1 of the master plan

the whailing towers have to be set deep

so its quite simple...start with the deepest foundation and work up plus its the most easterly point.

you know whats been built so why the shock

you cant stop the tides how ever much you try ;)

Could we not sell it to Fev or our good friends across the valley who are trying to make a stand from lego?

ground is to be sold,

mark rushton come into some money again!?

oh well a coach into leeds with a short meeting slamming evil kev and 3 complimentary pints will be offered again then

It's likely that the terrace had to come down. As it is a nailed on fact, according to many posters who know far more than myself that the ground is to be sold, I assume that our Chairman  couldn't part with the only part of the ground still remaining from his youth. If only we had followed the Ostrich path  we wouldn't be in this position. I assume the Bishop of Wakefield will be coming to de-consecrate the memorial garden, lovingly tended in the ground. It might never have come to this if the forum moderators would treat this forum as they do the Dewsbury and Rochdale forums. Never allowing any rumour or comment regarding the running of the respective club. Batley will be sadly missed but as the Ostrich chairman shows, get what you can while you can.

Moderators rumbled you on the hornets forum then have they Doc ? Or should we call you anita ? :lol:

How is the work on the terrace going?

Downhill I hear.

;)