Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hullfan

Eng team v exiles

21 posts in this topic

Woooooo!

Where's the fanfare!!!

If Rugby League fans want the game to Succeed they need the England teams to be succesful and well supported. The biggest thing for this game would be if England managed an upset in November and won the World Cup.

But its much easier to moan about every aspect of the game than get behind it.

If Rugby League fans want the game to Succeed they need the England teams to be succesful and well supported. The biggest thing for this game would be if England managed an upset in November and won the World Cup.

But its much easier to moan about every aspect of the game than get behind it.

Well said, reading what some say on here you would think the only way Rugby League could succeed as a game is if Leigh and Featherstone are given the chance to play in and get relegated from Super League each year rather than every 3 as is currently the case.

Tomkins

Charnley

Cudjoe

Watkins

Hall

Ratchford/ World Cup Widdop

Brough

Hill/ World Cup Graham

Lunt/ World Cup Roby

Crabtree

Westwood

Farrell/ World Cup S Burgess

O'Loughlin

Clarke/ World Cup Lunt

Hock

Mossop/ World Cup Hill

Walmsley/ World Cup G Burgess

Hardaker

Riley

Cudjoe

Watkins

Hall

Ratchford

Myler

Hill

Mcillorum

Mossop

Hock

Farrell

Sinfield

Lunt

Ellis

Carvell

Crabtree

Tomkins

Charnley

Cudjoe

Watkins

Hall

Ratchford/ World Cup Widdop

Brough

Hill/ World Cup Graham

Lunt/ World Cup Roby

Crabtree

Westwood

Farrell/ World Cup S Burgess

O'Loughlin

Clarke/ World Cup Lunt

Hock

Mossop/ World Cup Hill

Walmsley/ World Cup G Burgess

Not very likely without Sir Kev.

I expect:

Tomkins

Charnley

Cudjoe

Watkins

Hall

Chase/Myler

Sinfield

Hill

McIllorum/Roby (if fit)

Crabtree

Farrell

Ellis

O'loughlin

Burrow

Mossop

Carvell

Jones-Buchannan

I'd like to see Tom Lineham play in that game, McNamara won't pick anyone not in his original squad though.

I think we've got away from just throwing the 13 current "best" players together and expecting them to become a team. McNamara has created a team. Leeds don't have all the best players but they've become the best team over the past few years.

That's what will give us the best chance in the World Cup.

Right IMO the exiles games are a waste in trying to get the players used to playing with eachother. We have Widdop, Burgess', Reed, Graham, Heighington all missing the majority of whom would be in my starting 17. I don't think there is any point in playing Tomkins, Hall, Briscoe, Roby, Westwood ect as I think we should be trying to see which players are good enough.

I'd go for:

Hardaker

Lineham

Watkins

Cudjoe

Dixon

Brough

Sinfield

Hill

Roby

Mossop

Crabtree

Farrell

O Loughlin

Craig Huby

Walmsley

Elliot Whitehead

Danny Kirmond

I'd maybe put Goulding instead of Watkins as Watkins will likely play. Maybe put Dixon on Watkins side to test both their defences. Sinfield and Brough to test if they could work together. Mossop and Hill still have to prove which one of them deserves a spot come the end of the year as I can't pick between them. Farrell should play to try and stake claim as I feel even if he carries on the form he his he still might not get selected. Crabtree at second row is different but I think it could possibly help us build a massive pack. There's no doubt he has the attributes to play there, and would definitely cause problems down the flanks of teams especially if he gets running at half backs. He has the speed to make a break. Id be tempted to play Hock to see if he can keep his dummy shut. I've also selected no hooker on the bench to see how long James Roby can last. The bench is made up of people I believe deserve a shot to prove themselves.

Right IMO the exiles games are a waste in trying to get the players used to playing with eachother. We have Widdop, Burgess', Reed, Graham, Heighington all missing the majority of whom would be in my starting 17. I don't think there is any point in playing Tomkins, Hall, Briscoe, Roby, Westwood ect as I think we should be trying to see which players are good enough.

I take your point, but wouldn't the absence of Tomkins, Hall etc. simply be used as a reason/excuse for a poor turn out crowd wise? If the concept of the Exiles match is going to grow, both sides need to be picking as strong a team as possible. Once you start using games as experiments, you risk devaluing it in the eyes of potential spectators.

Not very likely without Sir Kev

No I agree, there's too much common sense in my selections, where would we be without such in form, inspired, frighteningly talented shoe ins like Sinfield, JJB, Wilkin, Ablett, Heighington etc.

Do you think Queensland would test Inglis, Slater, Smith and Cronk if NSW won the first 2 games of the series in state of origin?

For England not to play their absolute best available 17 makes a mockery of why this game was brought in..... To give the Elite players higher intensity completion to better prepare for internationals.

1. Tomkins

2. Lineham

3. Watkins

4. Cudjoe

5. Hall

6. Sinfield

7. Myler

8. Mossop

9. Lunt (Roby won't be fit...)

10. Hill

11. Farrell

12. Hock

13. O Loughlin

14. Burrow

15. Crabtree

16. Walmsley (wildcard!)

17. Westwood

Do you think Queensland would test Inglis, Slater, Smith and Cronk if NSW won the first 2 games of the series in state of origin?

For England not to play their absolute best available 17 makes a mockery of why this game was brought in..... To give the Elite players higher intensity completion to better prepare for internationals.

I don't think origin is a comparison of this game in the slightest. The purpose of this game is to try and find out what our best side is for the world cup, my side would help us achieve that.

I don't think origin is a comparison of this game in the slightest. The purpose of this game is to try and find out what our best side is for the world cup, my side would help us achieve that.

Really? I was under the impression that this concept was introduced to give the England side a sterner mid season test than Wales or France would provide. Surely in finding out your best side, that would involve playing your best players available?

Lineham just confirmed what a good prospect he is in that game, he is a big strong thing with plenty of pace. Ben Crooks was impressive too.

Agree I think we do genuinely have some rally good backs coming though now, products of the excellent development structures that have unfortunately now been tampered with.

Lineham just confirmed what a good prospect he is in that game, he is a big strong thing with plenty of pace. Ben Crooks was impressive too.

I'd already have Lineham in on the right wing. I'd also play Crooks (instead of Cudjoe). Every time I have seen him, he has been quality. On last nights showing, I am disappointed I had forgotten Houghton (from my initial post #14) who would be my hooker (even in front of Roby...).

Houghton hull fc and hodgson hull kr have been 2 of best hookers this season, I just love micky mac at Wigan reminds me of tez Newton rough tough no fear and can play aswell. To soon for lineham poor in under the high ball and not the best defencivley. Hull are wea on the right edge with crooks lineham and whiting/westerman, be a lot stronger when tickle is back

Danny Houghten should be in there I don't know what the kid has to do apart from signing for Wigan, Leeds, Saints or Warrington to get in the starting line up.