Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

17/05/13 - Salford City Reds v Bradford Bulls - KO 8pm

Who will win?   10 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford City Reds
    • Bradford Bulls
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

52 posts in this topic

McGoldrick took a drop goal from close range after 36 mins to lead 7-6.  What on earth was he thinking? Why not try for a repeat set or try and close the half out?  Bradford scored twice more in the first half and the game was over.

It is a difficult choice. I can't remember the sequence of events exactly, but we did force a couple of drop-outs during the first half and we failed to turn pressure into points. Perhaps he just thought "Let's get something for our efforts this time, and see how Bradford respond." If we'd gone on to score next, we'd have been two scores up. Unfortunately, we didn't. :(

And, on reflection, it was probably the only way we were going to score any more points. :sleep:

It is a difficult choice. I can't remember the sequence of events exactly, but we did force a couple of drop-outs during the first half and we failed to turn pressure into points. Perhaps he just thought "Let's get something for our efforts this time, and see how Bradford respond." If we'd gone on to score next, we'd have been two scores up. Unfortunately, we didn't. :(

And, on reflection, it was probably the only way we were going to score any more points. :sleep:

Pressure usually tells in the end, he'd have been better knocking on and inviting Bradford to work their way out of your twenty.  Inviting the opposition into your own half with three minutes to go for the sake of a one point lead in a game with over a half remaining is criminal, it gives away a lack of confidence and belief.  I suspect that Mr Noble was far from chuffed with the choice taken.