Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

20/05/13 - Leeds Rhinos v St Helens - KO 7.45pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • St Helens
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

166 posts in this topic

Discuss Leeds Rhinos v St Helens here.

Referee: B Thaler

Touch Judge: T Roby 

Touch Judge: R Hicks

Reserve: A Sweet

Match Commissioner: T Randerson

Video Ref: S Ganson

Time Keeper: L Fairbank

I'm dreading this match.

I think I will just record it otherwise I may end up hiding behind the sofa.

Saints by 7

I'm dreading this match.

I think I will just record it otherwise I may end up hiding behind the sofa.

Can't see Saints pressuring Leeds as much as Hudds did when we had the ball. With a bit more room to work with Leeds should win by a couple of scores. Saints (no matter who is in their team) always seem to find a performance in the league when they play us though. I reckon it'll be closer than a lot think.

This is saints season. Right here.

We have a great record against leeds in the league, but feel that without a recognised 6,7,9 and 13 in the squad we lack the creativity to crack a good defensive team to win it. Think defensivly we can step up but doubt our ability to score the points to secure a win.

This is saints season. Right here.

It's always thereyear!! Just like the last!!

I hope Leeds don't batter saints as the wires have them at the magic weekend...... Leeds may have an eye on the magic game, but im hoping BM says go out and enjoy game by game lads so i think Leeds could put 40 on saints.

I expect Leeds will win without ever being under too much pressure.  I can't see it being an absolute belting though, we rarely lose by that many and it's not like our defence has been atrocious this year (though our effort in general certainly looks like it needs some improvement).  It's our lack of ability to create anything at all in attack which is the reason why we're in this slump and things seem unlikely to get any better in 2013. 

Leeds by 10-18.

In other seasons, this would have been the tie of the round, but the 2013 St Helens would need a big step up in performance to win this.

It's always thereyear!! Just like the last!!

I hope Leeds don't batter saints as the wires have them at the magic weekend...... Leeds may have an eye on the magic game, but im hoping BM says go out and enjoy game by game lads so i think Leeds could put 40 on saints.

Peacock and Ablett out injured - probably not enough to even the sides up.

Leeds to win, I don't think competitively it will feel like a close game. I think Leeds will stay in control, probably by one or 2 score.  But I also agree with Mr Fussy.  I can't see a hammering, just a lack of ability to score.

If I had to pick a score 24 - 12 for Leeds.  

The lack of some big hitters in the pack for Leeds should help keep the score respectable.  Saints lack Strike players through both injury and recruitment.  The 6 and 7 situation will not improve till next season.   But where we do have strike at 9,1 and Meli on the wing, they are all out too.  When you look to the dangermen left for Saints, the only one I can think of is Percival and he's such a young guy.  Basically Saints have to roll up 1-17 and work hard, that's as much as they can offer at the moment.

Discuss Leeds Rhinos v St Helens here.

St Helens have no half backs on the park. These positions will be covered by a second row forward (Wilkin) and  a retired full back (Wellens) Leeds have some injuries but have the two best half backs in Super league (even if Burrows plays hooker.) Sinfield will play stand off again . The Aussies must be rubbing their hands that he will be stand off for England in the World Cup 2013. 

hang on aren't we supposed to be discussing Leeds v St Helens?

St Helens have no half backs on the park. These positions will be covered by a second row forward (Wilkin) and  a retired full back (Wellens) Leeds have some injuries but have the two best half backs in Super league (even if Burrows plays hooker.) Sinfield will play stand off again . The Aussies must be rubbing their hands that he will be stand off for England in the World Cup 2013. 

Leeds squad: Zak Hardaker, Kallum Watkins, Joel Moon, Ryan Hall, Danny McGuire, Rob Burrow, Kylie Leuluai, Paul McShane, Jamie Jones-Buchanan, Kevin Sinfield, Brett Delaney, Ryan Bailey, Ian Kirke, Chris Clarkson, Mitch Achurch, Richard Moore, Brad Singleton, Joe Vickery, Liam Sutcliffe.

St Helens squad: Paul Wellens, Ade Gardner, Jordan Turner, Sia Soliola, Lance Hohaia, Josh Perry, Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook, Tony Puletua, Jon Wilkin, Willie Manu, Anthony Laffranchi, Josh Jones, Tom Makinson, Nathan Ashe, Joe Greenwood, Alex Walmsley, Mark Percival, Luke Thompson, Stuart Howarth.

Still no Roby? That's a worry for England. Looking forward to this. Be good to see the continuing emergence of Walmsley and Percival at opposite ends of the size range. Saints are really up against it, but let's hope they give it a real go.

Still no Roby? That's a worry for England. Looking forward to this. Be good to see the continuing emergence of Walmsley and Percival at opposite ends of the size range. Saints are really up against it, but let's hope they give it a real go.

Both Roby & Lomax are around 3 weeks away from being available to play again so its going to be end of June / early July before we have anything near a full strength squad to pick from