Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

20/05/13 - Leeds Rhinos v St Helens - KO 7.45pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • St Helens
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

166 posts in this topic

I think second rate is a bit strong.

Probably so I guess, but he's not at the level he used to be and I think he knows it.

Probably so I guess, but he's not at the level he used to be and I think he knows it.

I'm sure he does.

What did change was how Leeds played,from moving the ball wide to then go to five drives and a kick.

Fair comment.  I wonder why they changed tactics like that?

We went from dropping the ball whenever we had a chance to hardly dropping the ball at all, which I think helped us somewhat!

Fair comment.  I wonder why they changed tactics like that?

We went from dropping the ball whenever we had a chance to hardly dropping the ball at all, which I think helped us somewhat!

I think that's something most Leeds supporters would like to know.

I think that Jamie Jones Buchanan took Leeds apart last night.  Great to see Stuart Howarth doing so well, I wasn't sorry to see him leave Wakefield as he never really shone, but he quite often looks the part up the middle when surrounded by better players in the Saints side.  I've given Nathan Brown some stick, but he seems to have seen somthing in him that Kear, Agar and Vievers didn't.

I think that Jamie Jones Buchanan took Leeds apart last night.  Great to see Stuart Howarth doing so well, I wasn't sorry to see him leave Wakefield as he never really shone, but he quite often looks the part up the middle when surrounded by better players in the Saints side.  I've given Nathan Brown some stick, but he seems to have seen somthing in him that Kear, Agar and Vievers didn't.

How can he take his own team apart?

His defensive mis-reads, his ball control (or lack of).  He played as big a part in the Saints victory as any player for Saints did.  

His defensive mis-reads, his ball control (or lack of).  He played as big a part in the Saints victory as any player for Saints did.  

Very true.

He got MoM at the the ground! Thought that was a bit odd myself but there you go!

He seemed to want to play stand off for the last 10 mins and kept receiving the ball on the last tackle, resulting in a completely wasted play and zero pressure applied to Saints line.

He got MoM at the the ground! Thought that was a bit odd myself but there you go!

He seemed to want to play stand off for the last 10 mins and kept receiving the ball on the last tackle, resulting in a completely wasted play and zero pressure applied to Saints line.

Yeah,I thought that was strange too, defensively he is a liability,continually flying out of the line.

Yeah,I thought that was strange too, defensively he is a liability,continually flying out of the line.

Ah, yes, forgot he flew out the line to leave the gap for LMS to score Saints first try. We did exchange a few puzzled looks between ourselves when they announced it.

No,the player playing the ball would also be in touch.

Wrong.

Once a player has been tackled in the field of play, he is allowed to put his foot on the touch line to get up, as long as he is back in the field of play when he plays the ball.

Wrong.

Once a player has been tackled in the field of play, he is allowed to put his foot on the touch line to get up, as long as he is back in the field of play when he plays the ball.

Fair enough.