Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ponterover

Yay, Some more Featherstone News

17 posts in this topic

I imagine Viking Warrior is pining for another Rovers w***fest, so here's a couple of news items:

1.  New Coach announced tonight

http://www.featherstonerovers.net/article.php?id=11343

2. Our Chairman, Mark Campbell's thoughts on the proposed shake up of the game

http://www.featherstonerovers.net/article.php?id=11341

3. Star centre  Greg Worthington pens a new contract

http://www.featherstonerovers.net/article.php?id=11345

Enjoy!

Proper buzzin.

Well done for getting Gregs signature beating off S/L

You got our coach but your not having our players

..and when you are in SL yourselves and need more players?

Still, it shows what can be achieved when everyone pulls in the same direction.

Why is John Bastian not starting until December?

He's still under contract at Warrington and feels he must honour his commitments there. Rovers are happy and it says a lot about his integrity. In the meantime Ryan Sheridan and Danny Evans will take the team onwards and hopefully upwards. It's a great opportunity and the dream job for JB

He's still under contract at Warrington and feels he must honour his commitments there. Rovers are happy and it says a lot about his integrity. In the meantime Ryan Sheridan and Danny Evans will take the team onwards and hopefully upwards. It's a great opportunity and the dream job for JB

Thanks old pal.  Strange dreams some people have.

It's all there for him mate, a cracking group of players, great infrastructure and bags of potential all round. I don't think any new coach could really ask for much more. Hope he does well, he's a great bloke and has the pedigree to make his mark at senior level.

Glad to see greg Worthington has signed for another two years choosing to stay with fev rather than taking up other offers from SL clubs! Very encouraging.

Glad to see greg Worthington has signed for another two years choosing to stay with fev rather than taking up other offers from SL clubs! Very encouraging.

Aye. Money talks!

;)

I read a rumour Anthony England is joining Warrington?

Aye. Money talks!

;)

It certainly does in most cases but Greg's dad stood up last night and said that he'd been offered a lot more by interested SL clubs but that 'money's not everything'. Greg's very happy to help Fev to hopefully reach their destination. Credit to him

I read a rumour Anthony England is joining Warrington?

I heard that rumour. And the one he's off to hull....and the one about him joining cas etc etc

We'll see.

Not really, as Terry says its all there for him and despite being in the second tier for a while Featherstone are a proud club with a great history. It's also where it all began for John Bastian so no surprise that he's harboured a desire to coach the team there.

has he anything in his contract that allows him to leave if a SL club comes in for him? Great for you if not.

Ryan Brierley has it in his contract at leigh that he can leave if a SL wants him, iv heard warrington are interested.

The last time I asked, no player at fev have a "get out of gail free" clause in their contract!

has he anything in his contract that allows him to leave if a SL club comes in for him? Great for you if not.

SL clubs, including yours have already approached Worthington.

He chose to stay at Fev, as far as I know no one has an SL release clause in their contracts, although I'm certian we wouldn't stand in anyone's way, provided the compo was right.