Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Daddy

Rugby League gets support from unexpected quarters - Marion Le Pen

84 posts in this topic

Agree with this. Unfortunately Martyn's already taken the thread down a slightly pathetic, faux-Daily Mail route so anyone with concerns about hard right groups are being 'offended'.

Comme d'hab. As Marion might say.

You really do post some nonsense sometimes. As I advised Johnoco earlier, if you are going to cite my name in favour of an argument you are trying to make, try to reflect my views accurately, rather than making yourself look silly by making puerile assertions..

You really do post some nonsense sometimes. As I advised Johnoco earlier, if you are going to cite my name in favour of an argument you are trying to make, try to reflect my views accurately, rather than making yourself look silly by making puerile assertions..

I did. You said you had no problem with her promoting RL, regardless of her political views. I don't think we can or should disregard the views of people who associate themselves with RL. If we are somehow seen to be sympathetic to anyone with extreme views then we will lose more in the long run. Moreover, its not an accurate reflection of RL so why risk tainting RL by associating with such people? It will end in tears

I did. You said you had no problem with her promoting RL, regardless of her political views. I don't think we can or should disregard the views of people who associate themselves with RL. If we are somehow seen to be sympathetic to anyone with extreme views then we will lose more in the long run. Moreover, its not an accurate reflection of RL so why risk tainting RL by associating with such people? It will end in tears

You said that I would be happy to see Nick Griffin sponsoring Super League, so I could hardly fail to respond to that assertion.

Again, with regard to Ms Le Pen or someone else with extreme views, the key points are whether she has an official role, or whether she is speaking as a supporter of the game, and what message she is giving out.

Last year I had dinner with George Galloway prior to the Bulls' Good Friday game against Leeds.

I was happy to do so, because Galloway, who had just been elected to Parliament, was there to support the Bulls' fundraising effort.

But I wouldn't be too keen to see him joining the Bradford board of directors.

I didn't say you would be happy about Griffin sponsoring SL, I was using an example whereby you implied we should just forget peoples political views as longas they are promoting RL. I think Galloway is a ###### and a chancer but he isn't comparable to Griffin.

I didn't say you would be happy about Griffin sponsoring SL, I was using an example whereby you implied we should just forget peoples political views as longas they are promoting RL. I think Galloway is a ###### and a chancer but he isn't comparable to Griffin.

Galloway will be grinning from ear to ear today im afraid.

About time people took their head out of the sand after todays events.That wasn't far right fanatics.

No, the far right fanatics (sorry, drunken knuckledraggers) turned up later that evening, to throw things at the police.

No, the far right fanatics (sorry, drunken knuckledraggers) turned up later that evening, to throw things at the police.

And not a thought for the poor lads family.By god I hope you or your family are never in the right place at the wrong time.

Can you get 90,000 of them to fill Wembley for the World Cup semi-finals?

You'll only need 89 999 more because I'll be there!

Marion Le Pen is a politician. Politicians will say anything that seems reasonably harmless and that might get them a few votes. After all, does anyone seriously believe that David Cameron is a committed Aston Villa supporter? Just treat this as the load of spin that it really is and move on.