Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bearman

The Championship is better than Superleague?

32 posts in this topic

Better = more entertaining, quite possibly.

Better = higher standard. Pretty certainly not.

What an entirely subjective topic this is

Funny that.

I thought it had saved the game when it attracted well,over £200,000,000 into the game by fulfilling SKY TV contracts....

What percentage went outside Super League? Don't include red hall wages into the percentage please.

What percentage went outside Super League? Don't include red hall wages into the percentage please.

Well some of the funding has gone to:

Halifax

Sheffield

Leigh

Workington

Crusaders

Oldham

as well as trying to expand the game into places like Paris and Catalan.

Despite popular belief, the money hasn't just been kept to a close-knit few.

Well some of the funding has gone to:

Halifax

Sheffield

Leigh

Workington

Crusaders

Oldham

as well as trying to expand the game into places like Paris and Catalan.

Despite popular belief, the money hasn't just been kept to a close-knit few.

All ex members of Super League -  We all know where the lions share has gone and why it has (To protect the product for TV) Is protecting  the chosen few better for the game than allowing others into the inner circle? I suppose time will tell.

Go to the Racecourse ground and talk to the North Wales crusaders fans. The vast majority of them are enjoying the championship more than they ever did Super Greed!

With no disrespect to any team in Championship 1, I don't prefer being in that division to being in Super League, and I sincerely hope that we will be back at the top table sooner rather than later (and I'm sure they'd all say the same thing!).

I'm pleased we still have a club, and that it's being run the right way, but I one day want to see them sat at the top of Super League, which is the pinnacle of sport in this country.

I'm not saying there's nothing to enjoy about life in the Championships, because there's plenty, but I want my club playing against the top sides, which are the ones in Super League. I'll accept that being a few years away, and be happy with how the club is progressing, but that is what I would like for the Crusaders, and I imagine if you asked the 'vast majority' they would say the same. 

All ex members of Super League -  We all know where the lions share has gone and why it has (To protect the product for TV) Is protecting  the chosen few better for the game than allowing others into the inner circle? I suppose time will tell.

I suppose my point is that there really isn't a 'chosen few' despite people's claims.

Plenty of clubs have been in and out of SL over the years and had their chance and a cut of the pie.

Generally due to P&R the weaker clubs left and never returned.