Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Futtocks

Eurovision

99 posts in this topic

You won't see these guys on Saturday, but they were in the running to represent Estonia -

. Disturbing, to say the least.

<Farage mode>We should pull out of Eurovision. We put money in and get nothing back</Farage mode>

it isn't even good for a laugh anymore and it means I miss out on casualty

Haven't seen the semi finals this year.  Looking forward to it.  Songs are always better than you think and the voting *slightly* less predictable.

No former Yugoslavian countries in the final this year, so they'll actually have to vote for a song they like. :O

The Romanian entry is extraordinary. Not good, to my ears at least, but certainly extraordinary. And Ukraine have an actual giant carrying their singer onto the stage at the start. The semi finals are where the true madness of Eurovision still prevails. A lot of the 'good' (ie, 'bad') stuff doesn't make it past that stage so they are always worth a watch.

Eurovision. What's not to love?

The rapping astronauts of Montenegro didn't make it past the first semifinal. The Romania entry is "different".

The rapping astronauts of Montenegro didn't make it past the first semifinal.

And we are all poorer for that. :ph34r:

You won't see these guys on Saturday, but they were in the running to represent Estonia -

. Disturbing, to say the least.

That is ****ing awesome!

Bonnie is going to walk it .... obviously, I won't be watching it myself but I'm sure she'll be the best.

;):biggrin:

not long now   :yahoo:     :popcorn:

Eurovision is a guilty pleasure and I love it.

Got the extra bonus this year that the Irish entry is a friend of my wife's family. His dad actually randomly got up and sang a song at my wedding. We're hoping he goes well and if the UK entry doesn't go well he's from Strabane and therefore technically a Brit himself!

In true Father Ted style he has flown his parish priest over as support. That said he's not your average priest, I used to see him running around the town in his trackies and he once walked into a class I was teaching with an Ipad. The only time the children ever acted respectfully!

I reckon Denmark will win but it's not a patch on last year's winner Loreen. Best Eurovision entry for years.

There are a lot of crackin' 'Europop' songs this year.

Beats the absolute sheeiite that is X Factor/BGT any day of the week.

Bonnie Tyler to be in the bottom third I'm afraid - just not Euro enough

I haven't missed a single Eurovision since Abba won, although I only made it back from Mallorca today, after taking my 4YO there alone, and I made it back in time for the voting

I have an appointment at the dentists on Monday.

I might have forgotten about it but for this thread.

having had no empire poor old Ireland have no one to vote for them apart from the Irish diaspora in UK

At least Bonnie got the Costas and Malta expat community votes

Solihull Police on Twitter: "Bought a Bonnie Tyler Sat Nav for our police car. Big mistake - it kept telling us to 'turn around' and every now and then it fell apart..." :D

That is ****ing awesome!

Now you know what a Wookie sounds like at 78rpm.

It was a great show. The interval performance before the voting was a piece of mickey-taking genius by the Swedes, who were brilliant hosts.

A good pop song won again, despite the usual moans about political voting.

The UK could do better in this contest again if it really, really wanted to: just stop sending has-beens with dreary songs to represent us. If no one in this country would buy it, why would anyone in the rest of Europe vote for it? Durrr.

It was a great show. The interval performance before the voting was a piece of mickey-taking genius by the Swedes, who were brilliant hosts.

A good pop song won again, despite the usual moans about political voting.

The UK could do better in this contest again if it really, really wanted to: just stop sending has-beens with dreary songs to represent us. If no one in this country would buy it, why would anyone in the rest of Europe vote for it? Durrr.

Bloke on BBC Breakfast yesterday said no good songwriters want to submit stuff to be used on it.

John Drake, on 20 May 2013 - 16:00, said:

I have been saying this for years, 61-year old Bonnie Tyler was awful, a really poor song, performed, at best avereragely.

Someone else on the BBC website suggests pulling out altogether, but that would be silly.

Lets just get some decent songwriters to do a decent POP song (and I don't mean getting Lloyd-Webber in again)

Bloke on BBC Breakfast yesterday said no good songwriters want to submit stuff to be used on it.

Then it's up to the BBC to persuade them.

Last year's Eurovision winner was a massive hit all over Europe, and even went Top 10 here in the UK. It's a huge shop window. There's money to be made if it's done right.