Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juliancaine

Adrian morley

71 posts in this topic

Who do you reckon is responsible duffymoon my votes in order of blame go to 1, RFL, 2, Murdoch/sky, 3, superleague clubs, 4, swinton lions past owners poor management ie Malcolm white and co, 5, current swinton lions owners, 6, Salford council for the lack of backing to both professional rl teams in the locality. 7, aussie has beens coming over for an easy payday at the expense of young local talent, 8, and last but by no means least the current rules on DR and promotion and relegation from superleague, its killing the game as we know it.

Great posting and forcefully put all down the line, laying out the complete truth as to what has become of our once glorious game.

Anyone who agrees with this train of thought should start subscribing without delay to the Rugby League Journal - that great mouthpiece of the sport as it used to be, i.e. truly grrrrreatttt!. Get in touch with “Uncle Harry” (Harry Edgar - editor) at RLJ HQ in Egremont, near Whitehaven. Read it and feel the breath of fresh air of RL at its very best, not the stench of decay as it is in this day and age.

Egremont?, ring any bells? A certain Lion by the name of Martin Hodgson came from this small Cumbrian town.

:onthequiet:  :girlwerewolf:  :pickeat:  :P

Adrian Morley is a great player and I've got a lot of respect for him. And he put in some hard work for us today and greatly contributed to our win . And no doubt had we played another 8 or 10 Warrington players we would have won even easier. This is not about individuals. DR is about the integrity of the game. I know why we have linked up with Warrington and I believe we had to. I agree with club policy on this. But it's not really the point. As hard as I try I cannot understand the RFLs policy towards the game outside of SL.

The RFL policy to teams outside the superleague is imo, 1, look after superleague teams above any other, 2, make up the rules as you go along to suit superleague teams ie financial irregularities and the like, 3, come up with DR rules that benefit only superleague teams and those in the championships whom cant afford to run their own teams squads, 4, and the main one in my opinion was to suck up to sky/Murdoch and end p and r thus rendering the championships nothing more than a glorified reserve league thus alienating the grass roots supporters.

Adrian Morley is a great player and I've got a lot of respect for him. And he put in some hard work for us today and greatly contributed to our win . And no doubt had we played another 8 or 10 Warrington players we would have won even easier. This is not about individuals. DR is about the integrity of the game. I know why we have linked up with Warrington and I believe we had to. I agree with club policy on this. But it's not really the point. As hard as I try I cannot understand the RFLs policy towards the game outside of SL.

I think if someone had described DR in this way many months ago so many of the unpleasant exchanges on here could have been avoided.

As for Morley I thought he was average in attack but if hewas top try scorer I cannot question his commitment to our cause.

. I don't think anybody has a problem with the link up with Warrington.Its how the club has used it so controversially that has killed my love for the club.

. I don't think anybody has a problem with the link up with Warrington.Its how the club has used it so controversially that has killed my love for the club.

Sentiment is a wonderful thing but it comes at too high a price in this instance.

We have to put out the strongest side we can in every game to survive. We cannot afford the luxury of knocking back the option of utilising Warrington players. Quite simply, if we did we would be rock bottom and would never recover from slipping out of this league. We don't get the support now!

None of us enjoy this but at the moment it's the only way to do it. NO home grown talent. NO large fan base. NO money in the bank. NO home of our own.

Do you want this club to die? If you subscribe to the 'I'd sooner it did than this' brigade then leave and do something else on a Sunday and leave the fight to keep the club afloat to those who are prepared to do it! I'd prefer you didn't but we are where we are.

Today, 3 of our best were the 3 new players Gary Chambers has brought in. OUR players. We used 3 d/r from Wire, 1a young halfback who is the type of player everyone agrees should be d/r material, 1 a fringe player who will never be a first team regular and 1who is coming to the end of a great career (the utmost respect to all three). Not exactly Warrington's first team squad!

When the RFL admit this isn't working they'll drop it like a hot potato and think of something else as daft. Meanwhile we will still be alive and kicking.

I've been in worse places in my life believe me. I remember being on the end of a hose when the main stand was burning down thinking my Lion's days were over and done there. We came back!

You talk of history and past honour. Remember them now and do not turn your back on it in our fight to survive. Don't take on the sad cretins who come on here talking of 'integrity' and feeding you snippets of news. They are just here to wind you up for their entertainment. If they were in our shoes they would do exactly the same. Hunslet are and they do!

Tired of keeping on about this but I will as long as the Lion is still breathing!

LOYALION!!!!!!!

Pretty well said loyal lion

I must admit that at this point into the season I can reflect on the effect of DR having given it time and a chance and I have to say the way it has affected the team is not a good one. We arrived slightly late today and my dad spent the whole game struggling to work out who was who and who was playing where

The constant changes and us of old stagers like Morley is not for me

But as you say this is where we are. It is necessary. It is I believe what the club has to do.

We like it and lump it for me.

I fail to see the life changing catastrophe predicted or proposed by opponents of what we are doing. I fail to see us gaining any advantage. For that reason I fail to see why opposing fans are that bothered.

To me the argument has run its course

DR must change next year. We will still be here. Moaning and groaning. But getting on with it

DR has to change next year and will be used as a pathway for young fringe players , and after the way that Swinetown have blatantly abused the system this year at the expense of others is nothing short of scandalous :sclerosis:

So when your bubble  bursts next year and you crash and burn to extinction I can't imagine many shedding a tear .

RIP Swinetown Wolves

DR has to change next year and will be used as a pathway for young fringe players , and after the way that Swinetown have blatantly abused the system this year at the expense of others is nothing short of scandalous :sclerosis:

So when your bubble bursts next year and you crash and burn to extinction I can't imagine many shedding a tear .

RIP Swinetown Wolves

Why in the spirit if rugby league do you find it necessary to condemn on a FANS FORUM the workings of the rugby league

We don't have anything to do with this

You sad deluded individual

Oh and how are you privy to next seasons plans?

The RFL dont know what they're doing today let alone next season

When the seagulls follow the trawler...

I predict Cantona is Michigan Red off Salford rl fans forum. His post here has remarkable similarities to some tripe hes put on their beggars blog

Speaking of scandalous how much money have your pathetic club and that stinking ###### of a stadium rinsed out of the local council and populus you cretinous pile of sputum.

Not so quick to pay it back now you have the cash are you. Typical of your lot take with one hand and take some more with the other. P.S You still owe us our share of the gate receipts from the friendly, give it to us when your giro clears ta.

This is another chapter in the circus we call Swinton Lions, this for me is the final nail in coffin I am finished with this club, 25 years I have been watching this great club, I aint parting with any of my hard earn cash to John Kidd.  I am that ###### of with the club I have paid for my season ticket and still wont be attending.

John Kidd if your reading this, your joke and should be ashamed of where you have took this club.

So he doesnt even have the face to post under his own nom deplume! Hardly surprising given his standard of English, if indeed that's what it was!

Pretty well said loyal lion

I must admit that at this point into the season I can reflect on the effect of DR having given it time and a chance and I have to say the way it has affected the team is not a good one. We arrived slightly late today and my dad spent the whole game struggling to work out who was who and who was playing where

The constant changes and us of old stagers like Morley is not for me

But as you say this is where we are. It is necessary. It is I believe what the club has to do.

We like it and lump it for me.

I fail to see the life changing catastrophe predicted or proposed by opponents of what we are doing. I fail to see us gaining any advantage. For that reason I fail to see why opposing fans are that bothered.

To me the argument has run its course

DR must change next year. We will still be here. Moaning and groaning. But getting on with it

. what I cannot understand is how any coach would accept this arrangement.As I understand it we had to wait for Tony Smith to decide whether Morley was made available and he Didnt have a single session with us.How can it be good for team morale?

Also interesting to see Morley again referring to us as Warringtons "feeder club" in League Express.

. what I cannot understand is how any coach would accept this arrangement.As I understand it we had to wait for Tony Smith to decide whether Morley was made available and he Didnt have a single session with us.How can it be good for team morale?

In Gary Chambers case I guess its;

1, The arrangement, in what ever form, was agreed before he became coach.

2, How do you know he has to wait? He might want to wait.

3, Its difficult to select an unfit Morrison over a player like Morley when you have an obligation to put out the best team you can.

Do you know exactly who was and who wasnt fit to play? Did you know who was made available and who wasnt? Unless you have the mythical hot line to Tony Smith that many on here clearly have?

I thought not!

I think ultimately gary chambers will end up back at his "parent club" warrington wolves, he might as well have been called warrington wolves reserve team coach the way things have gone.

Who do you reckon is responsible duffymoon my votes in order of blame go to 1, RFL, 2, Murdoch/sky, 3, superleague clubs, 4, swinton lions past owners poor management ie Malcolm white and co, 5, current swinton lions owners, 6, Salford council for the lack of backing to both professional rl teams in the locality. 7, aussie has beens coming over for an easy payday at the expense of young local talent, 8, and last but by no means least the current rules on DR and promotion and relegation from superleague, its killing the game as we know it.

How can the current owners possibly not be number 1?!!?!?!?!?!

Who is forcing you to play all these Warrington players? 

It's not easy, everyone can see it's not easy. But TBH when we played you last week the Warrington lads you had playing, looked like they couldn't care less. Cooper might as well of paid to come in. If that showing is a fair representation of the enthusiasm they can muster, you'd be better off trying to sign young local amateur lads. At least if they are beaten they will probably give a monkey's and have some pride in the shirt.

Ha, cooper was signed from a team in Australia, not Wire. And he cared on Sunday.

So many people think penny is still a wire player

The ignorance is hilarious

Was Anthony mullally playing for Batley? Oh hang on its all ok if its another team using other teams players