Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Slater

C'mon Sheffield

13 posts in this topic

I see that Sheffield have been drawn at home to London in the Challenge Cup quarter finals. They won't make much money out of it, but they have an excellent chance of reaching the semi's.

I hope we're all going to get behind them, because a good performance will further the cause of all Championship clubs, and show once again that Super League is not so super!

No Steve, not for me, not a fan if Aston. Even though I erroneously shared a modicum of pleasure in them beating Wigan in '98'.

What has happened to the challenge cup since I was a kid?.

The three quarter finals I remember going to involving Fev were 76 v Leeds, 81 v Widnes and 83 v St.Helens. Shed loads of fans and atmosphere. I think the crowds for the quareters this year will be as low as ever.

The three quarter finals I remember going to involving Fev were 76 v Leeds, 81 v Widnes and 83 v St.Helens. Shed loads of fans and atmosphere. I think the crowds for the quareters this year will be as low as ever.

I still think that quarter final against Leeds might have been the best Rovers performance I have ever seen. 33-7 wasn't it? Remember we scored a try from the Butler/Bell/Newlove scrum move that was so successful for us at that time. Might also have been a rare Mick Gibbins try that day?

I still think that quarter final against Leeds might have been the best Rovers performance I have ever seen. 33-7 wasn't it? Remember we scored a try from the Butler/Bell/Newlove scrum move that was so successful for us at that time. Might also have been a rare Mick Gibbins try that day?

Same for me PH, in fact I think that the team of '75-'76 was the best Rovers side I have ever seen. Yet they won nothing!

I understand your feelings about Mark Aston, Andrew, but I do believe he's the best coach left in The Championship. He'd never come to Fev though, after all the cpmments he's received on this forum!

12' th May 1973, only 11 years old and my Dad  took us to Wembley and we beat Northen.  40 years on And I still remember it.

Sheffield are quite capable of pulling off a surprise, IMO. I think that they are the dark horses of our league this season. Seem to have strength in all positions.

Sheffield are quite capable of pulling off a surprise, IMO. I think that they are the dark horses of our league this season. Seem to have strength in all positions.

I don't see them as dark horses I see them as favourites to win the lot

We've never lost in the Challenge Cup quarter finals.

Or the semis or the final for that matter.

We've never lost in the Challenge Cup quarter finals

Or the semis or the final for that matter.

wow rich your so fantastic how does rfl do without your 200 fans

Edit use of text speak and abuse

wow rich your so fantastic how does rfl do without your 200 fans

They don't. And the strange little marks on the keys near the corners are called "punctuation".

They don't. And the strange little marks on the keys near the corners are called "punctuation".

Did you need the full stop after 'They don't' ? Seeing that we are pulling someone up for their English.

Did you need the full stop after 'They don't' ? Seeing that we are pulling someone up for their English.

At the end of a sentence ? I think so.

That post was as much a dig at Sheffield's inability to get past the last 16 on more than one occasion as anything else but - hey - paranoia sets in and someone just has to hurl abuse, don't they ?

It's just a game .............