Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Slater

Match Report: Featherstone Rovers versus Leigh

12 posts in this topic

Please see attached match report by Joseph Crabtree and Steve Slater. We hope to have this uploaded onto the Rovers Official website ASAP, plus facebook.

Joseph is my 16 year old grandson who is an aspiring sports journalist. He has supported Rovers since he was 6, and has been a season ticket holder all that time. 

Hope you like it.

Rovers V Leigh Match report.doc

Great report Steve, will it become a regular thing?

Great report Steve, will it become a regular thing?

So I'm told, if we get favourable reviews. Joseph is in the middle of his GCSE's at the moment so I am writing most of the report, but when they're over with mid-June he may take over as the main writer, with me as his assistant. We'll see how it goes?

that's the game as i remember it Steve, well done

that's the game as i remember it Steve, well done

Accurate and well written. Can't really get much better, great job. :D

Excellent work. This'll be a real help to fans who can't necessarily get to the games. Well done.

Hopefully the club will find a spot for these reports on the official website.

Excellent work. This'll be a real help to fans who can't necessarily get to the games. Well done.

Hopefully the club will find a spot for these reports on the official website.

Original post deleted.

Sorry for any delay on uploading onto the official website. The report was e-mailed in error to Fev Lions yesterday evening.

Really well thought out and written,excellent account of the game,all the best and hopefully the club will get in touch.

A really good read and summed up the game exactly .

Can I offer a bit of constructive critique ? , I think it would improve it if he left out some of the nuts and bolts like using players first name more than once , and shorten it a bit by concentrating more on the action and lose the neither here nor there stuff .

Overall a good effort and he's surely heading the right way .

Excellent report Steve, please congratulate Joseph.

I know the work involved in producing a report like this, especially when all you want to do is forget the game completely.

Much appreciated.

Thanks for that Stuart. Do you have a contact name and number for whoever runs the official website, so I can formalise and speed up the method for getting the report on? 

Thanks for that Stuart. Do you have a contact name and number for whoever runs the official website, so I can formalise and speed up the method for getting the report on? 

Steve.  Check your PMs.