Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just Browny

The Magic Weekend Thread

243 posts in this topic

Saturday 25th May

12:00 Catalan Dragons v London Broncos

14:15 Castleford tigers v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats

16:30 Hull FC v Hull KR

18:45 St. Helens v Warrington Wolves

Sunday 26th May

15:00 Salford City Reds v Widnes Vikings

17:15 Bradford Bulls v Huddersfield Giants

19:30 Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors

As mentioned on another thread, will be at the Etihad this Saturday and am very much looking forward to it.

Next only to the Challenge Cup Final, the atmosphere at the Magic Weekends is always brilliant, as it is attended only by people who love the game - the miserablists stay at home and carp about it on sites like this one. Whether they're from Wigan, Whitehaven, Wakefield or Wales, the people are always a laugh and the atmosphere in the pubs before and after spot on.

I think they've got the fixtures spot on this year too. Particularly from a Wire perspective: since its inception, we've either had non-derbies or, last year, a fixture against an uncompetitive Widnes. Perhaps this year Widnes would have worked better, but Wire-Saints is always box office and both sides have points to prove I think. Leeds v Wigan is massive too.

Would be really nice to see some TotalRLers too. Hope everyone who goes has a great weekend, whatever level of the game they watch their rugby.

Couldn't make Saturday due to a wedding, but going Sunday and really looking forward to it. Have only attended Murryfield in the past because of other commitments and thought it was brilliant

Got a hotel booked in Manchester for 2 nights really looking forward to it. 3 of us going hopefully the weather is nice and some great games of RL.

Here's to a safe weekend for all.

(I'm looking at you Adrian Purtell!) :dry:

I believe Warrington have just had another batch of 600 delivered, so sales appear to be going well at Wire as usual.

Gutted that I am giving this one a miss this year, but unfortunately something had to give in World Cup year, and I;m not missing Cardiff, Wembley or Old Trafford!

Rovers and Hull have sold out their allocation of tickets as far as I am aware.

Not a surprise, I really enjoy the MW even last year  I mean it is great value for money you got everything even a bit of American football  ;)

I am coming from London for both days and going with friends.

I hope the weather is as good as last year but I don't think it will be.

We will be missing the first two games on Saturday but even then £45 for 5 games in a great stadium is fantastic value.

The only possible problem - is there any real ale on sale?

Can anyone remember if there were any restrictions on what food could be taken into the stadium?

Thank god for Eccles .v. Millom Saturday and Oldham .v. Gateshead Sunday. I might catch some of the other stuff on tv!

booked into sachas hotel sunday great deal £45 :biggrin: got two tickets from wigan today £15 for me £30 for tother half, can't wait.

booked into sachas hotel sunday

Oof.

Off to my very first magic weekend, ableit only the saturday and really looking forward to it. Anything to see/avoid?

Off to my very first magic weekend, ableit only the saturday and really looking forward to it. Anything to see/avoid?

My advice would be just to get there early and soak up the atmopshere. I enjoyed the fanzone ouside the ground and just mingling with the other fans.

My advice would be just to get there early and soak up the atmopshere. I enjoyed the fanzone ouside the ground and just mingling with the other fans.

IRN BRU tackle bag, aim for the sensor in the middle of the logo. It'll avoid the embarrassment of getting beaten by an 8 year old!

Trams should be running to the ground this year.

Trams should be running to the ground this year.

According to my friend there is trams running to the ground. Can't remember how much he said but he said it'll be cheaper than getting a taxi and our hotel is only a couple of miles from the ground.

Got an adult ticket for Saturday if anyone wants it.

We paid £14 for it but a tenner and it's yours.

You want the Droyslden tram, if leaving from Piccadilly Station you need to pick it up on the arrival platform not the departure platform for Eccles, Bury etc.

Cost will be £2.90 return off peak.

Metrolink also offering 20% discount on game tickets

http://www.metrolink.co.uk/Pages/default.aspx

I have been on the linked website but cant find anywhere to buy the £5.50 all weekend pass, HELP !!

http://www.rugbyleaguetickets.co.uk/a/magic_weekend

Enjoy the Magic Weekend with a Metrolink Weekend Saver ticket. Valid from 6pm on Friday evening until end of service on Sunday, the Weekend Saver gives unlimited travel right across the Metrolink network; adults £5.50, families of up to 2 adults and up to three children just £7.50. Metrolink tickets must be purchased before travelling. Metrolink ticket and travel information is available atwww.metrolink.co.uk

Just to let anyone know that is going on the Sunday that the Bupa Manchester 10K Run is on the same day in the city centre. There's expected to be 40,000 people running it so I'm guessing quite afew of the main roads will be blocked off

The weekend ticket is probably classed as a season ticket. weekly tickets are.

These can be bought at the travel shop in Piccadilly Gardens or at the machines that season tickets can be purchased. There is usally at least 1 machine at each stop that can be used for season tickets.

Planning to park at and travel from Prestwich, one line no changes i think. Only half hour. Sound good.