Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just Browny

The Magic Weekend Thread

243 posts in this topic

Not a surprise, I really enjoy the MW even last year  I mean it is great value for money you got everything even a bit of American football  ;)

I love the Magic Weekend. I know it isn't everyone's cup of tea for a wide range of reasons but I can stand and have a beer with supporters of all colours and see how they view the game. I often think people should start looking at it as a celebration of Rugby League, where we all just get together for a weekend, have a party, watch the game and enjoy it.

Over 65k tickets sold now - good stuff.

A couple of Catalans Dragons (Welsh Branch - as seen on Sky TV) fans will be making our way there on Saturday.

I went last year - great weather, and the superb Hull - Hull KR derby was worth the ticket price alone.  Looking forward to some closely contested game and a great atmosphere once again, plus this year I am not driving so have the added bonus of a few beers.

Allez Dragons!

what?

:D A bit rough and ready in there - fine for a Wigan fan though. :P

the superb Hull - Hull KR derby was worth the ticket price alone.  

Hmmmph, no it bloody well wasn't.

Apologies if this has already been covered but why do the games start so late on Sunday? Our train leaves Manc Picaddily at 21.11 so we'll miss most of the 2nd half of L**ds v Pies. :(

(Mind you, after watching the game on Monday, it may well be all over by then.)

Over 65k tickets sold now - good stuff.

Good stuff!

Hmmmph, no it bloody well wasn't.

Apologies if this has already been covered but why do the games start so late on Sunday? Our train leaves Manc Picaddily at 21.11 so we'll miss most of the 2nd half of L**ds v Pies. :(

(Mind you, after watching the game on Monday, it may well be all over by then.)

Maybe this has something to do with it?

Just to let anyone know that is going on the Sunday that the Bupa Manchester 10K Run is on the same day in the city centre. There's expected to be 40,000 people running it so I'm guessing quite afew of the main roads will be blocked off

Starts at 10am-ish.

Does anyone know how many tickets have been sold?

From a Bulls perspective.

Bulls Media @BullsMedia 20 May

Bulls receive 200 more unreserved Tickets for the Sunday of the Magic Weekend. Contact the Ticket Office.

Retweeted by Bradford Bulls RLFC

Looking forward to this – I was a doubter but attended my first magic weekend last year and as usual I was proved wrong and loved it. Browny has it spot on in his opening post that it’s such a good atmosphere because all the grumps stay away. Working on getting my timings better and catching more matches this year – as there seems like a lot more good matches to catch. Not so sure we’ll get as much sunshine as last time (as I’ve learnt though, that’s Manchester for you!) which really added to it, but I’m sure it’ll be a good weekend whatever the weather.

Looking forward to this – I was a doubter but attended my first magic weekend last year and as usual I was proved wrong and loved it. Browny has it spot on in his opening post that it’s such a good atmosphere because all the grumps stay away. Working on getting my timings better and catching more matches this year – as there seems like a lot more good matches to catch. Not so sure we’ll get as much sunshine as last time (as I’ve learnt though, that’s Manchester for you!) which really added to it, but I’m sure it’ll be a good weekend whatever the weather.

Tends to follow the basis that anyone who has attended one of these loves it, those that havent grumble about it.

Ive been to three or four of them at Cardiff and Manchester, never went to Murrayfield though. Ive really enjoyed it everytime ive been, the atmosphere is always brilliant, relaxed and fun. The pricing is great for whats on offer, it really is a festival of RL!

Groupon are doing a MW ticket offer.

Looks like it is Hull FC doing this offer as you need to pick the tickets up from the KC in advance - maybe they are giving up their commission on the tickets to drive sales?

Over 65,000 tickets have already been snapped up for the Magic Weekend, which features seven extraordinary Super League matches over two memorable days in the special surroundings of the Etihad Stadium, Manchester, on Saturday and Sunday, May 25 and 26.

Surprise no one has made much of a deal about a new crowd record being set for the Magic Weekend? 

Here are the previous totals for comparison:

2007: 58,831

2008: 63,144

2009: 59,741

2010: 52,043

2011: 60,241

2012: 63,716

With a few more days to the event, plus walk ups, there is a chance this event could hit the 70K mark.

In the bestest world peace speech mode I hope people get to as many games as they can, rather than just watch their team and leave.

Looks like it is Hull FC doing this offer as you need to pick the tickets up from the KC in advance - maybe they are giving up their commission on the tickets to drive sales?

I dont know Dave but we sold our first allocation and its been reported by the club we have sold more tickets than any other club.

Looking elsewhere on the forum, I thought this thread was in doubt?

Looking forward to it. The matches look very hard to call, especially with Cas & Salford having had recent changes.

I dont know Dave but we sold our first allocation and its been reported by the club we have sold more tickets than any other club.

Looking at the only groupon on offer for this, it is a Hull FC deal rather than an RFL one.

I know that Saints are on their third allocation, having sold out their second in two days! (Probably helped that we beat Leeds on Monday though)  If this is the theme throughout Superleague then there could be a good crowd over the weekend, especially if walk-ups are added.

I hope somehow the speccies for the Manchester Games can also be tempted too. And vice versa too.