Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emosi Koloto

Sinfield's form in last few games

294 posts in this topic

I have been watching Sinfield closely and he has been really poor, his defence is terrible and he is showing little in attack.

England fans should be worried.

They should have been worried as soon he was made captain.

I have been watching Sinfield closely and he has been really poor, his defence is terrible and he is showing little in attack.

England fans should be worried.

He was last season until near the playoffs; he was then outstanding. Best to judge him around then but I personally wouldn't have him in my England team if his form is poor. He is a certain starter though and captain if fit.

I agree his defence his poor. He often misreads opposition plays and people get put through huge holes. If he organises and kicks well that'll do for me, as long as we have Widdop along side him he is good enough in attack and with a fairly strong attacking back line hopefully Sinfields lack of a running game shouldn't be to much of a miss.

Plenty of time...I do agree though...form will count

They should have been worried as soon he was made captain.

Spot on.  It was way too early to name ANY player as captain, even the world's best player.

Spot on. It was way too early to name ANY player as captain, even the world's best player.

I think Australia selecting Smith as captain is a wise choice.

I think Australia selecting Smith as captain is a wise choice.

I meant for us!

He seems to panic when he gets the ball in open play and just passes it to anyone no matter how bad a positiin they are in, just so he doesnt take a tackle. Is he injured or something?

I meant for us!

You mentioned the best player in the world so I thought you meant Smith, my bad.

You mentioned the best player in the world so I thought you meant Smith, my bad.

In fairness, this is Martyn's website, so I'm just being courteous. 

I really like Kevin Sinfield but naming him as captain a year before the WC was probably McNamara's dumbest decision and he's made a few.

If anything it's unfair on the player himself, not to mention those vying for the number six jersey.

Sinfield is doing too much work in defence for a halfback due to Leeds insistence in playing a scrum half at hooker (check the stats) he looks knackered to me. Having said that let's see how he's going near the business end. Also most international sides have captains named well before competitions, I think McNamara is trying to make a team like atmosphere and part of that is having a core set of players including a captain.

Sack him and off with his head..... I'd rather him be now and improve over the later stages of the season !!

Sinfield is doing too much work in defence for a halfback due to Leeds insistence in playing a scrum half at hooker (check the stats) he looks knackered to me. Having said that let's see how he's going near the business end. Also most international sides have captains named well before competitions, I think McNamara is trying to make a team like atmosphere and part of that is having a core set of players including a captain.

This

Sack him and off with his head..... I'd rather him be ###### now and improve over the later stages of the season !!

And this.

Sinfield's form has dipped but the bloke's only human and like anyone else he'll have good spells and bad spells. He's the type of person who'll work harder to put it right. The player at Leeds who seems most out of form is Hardaker who looks woefully short of confidence at the moment. A couple of times last night he ducked out of challenges that cost tries and he doesn't seem to be running the ball with any great conviction.

He's not good enough at international level, we've seen it proved 30+ times before!

He's not good enough at international level, we've seen it proved 30+ times before!

I'd say 30+ caps say he is.Keep grinding that axe. :onthequiet:

I'd say 30+ caps say he is.Keep grinding that axe. :onthequiet:

I'd say 30+ caps shows how great he is domestically but he's virtualy never (maybe 2 or 3 times) carried that form into an into an international game.

It also shows how poor GB and England have been in the playmaker department because despite his horrible international performances he keeps getting picked, McNamara is just the latest to try and solve the conundrum that is Sinfield.

I'd say 30+ caps shows how great he is domestically but he's virtualy never (maybe 2 or 3 times) carried that form into an into an international game.

It also shows how poor GB and England have been in the playmaker department because despite his horrible international performances he keeps getting picked, McNamara is just the latest to try and solve the conundrum that is Sinfield.

So is that the fault of Sinfield,that he keeps getting selected,is he solely responsible for Englands poor performances or could other players not performed either.

It seems some players are easy targets yet others are beyond criticism.Sinfield being in the former category.

So is that the fault of Sinfield,that he keeps getting selected,is he solely responsible for Englands poor performances or could other players not performed either.

Where have I suggested that Kevin Sinfields at fault? I'm merely stating that he's not good enough to at international level, he's had 30 odd chances to show that he is and has failed in all but 2 or 3. I'm sure he's as frustrated at his inability to replicate his Leeds form for GB & England as many of the fans, I'm also sure he's done everything he can to rectify it but it hasn't worked.

No player in the history of the game has ever been solely responsible for poor team performances, it's a bit of a daft question, but it's time to move on from a ageing payer who couldn't stamp his influence internationally when he was in his prime, especially when there are other players who deserve the same shot that Sinfield was afforded.

You accuse me of grinding an axe but I'm no Sinfield/Leeds hater, I was sat in the Carnegie stand last night supporting Leeds against Sts, I'll send a picture of my ticket stub if you don't beleive that.

If we aren't picking players who haven't shown up in previous internationals we wouldn't have many to choose from, kevin Sinfield hasn't been terrible for England at all its just some fans seem to have some strange ace to grind.

I remember seeing some excerpt from an Aussie magazine last year with some stats on international players Sinfield was the only England player on the list

Also I would suggest Sinfield is in his prime now, he won the golden boot just last year

Where have I suggested that Kevin Sinfields at fault? I'm merely stating that he's not good enough to at international level, he's had 30 odd chances to show that he is and has failed in all but 2 or 3. I'm sure he's as frustrated at his inability to replicate his Leeds form for GB & England as many of the fans, I'm also sure he's done everything he can to rectify it but it hasn't worked.

No player in the history of the game has ever been solely responsible for poor team performances, it's a bit of a daft question, but it's time to move on from a ageing payer who couldn't stamp his influence internationally when he was in his prime, especially when there are other players who deserve the same shot that Sinfield was afforded.

You accuse me of grinding an axe but I'm no Sinfield/Leeds hater, I was sat in the Carnegie stand last night supporting Leeds against Sts, I'll send a picture of my ticket stub if you don't beleive that.

Good for you,well done but you do suggest that Sinfield is at fault for GB/Englands poor performances.Any way,we shall see if other players who may fill that role live up to their hype.

He is on the greatest player list for Leeds no problem but hasn't cut it at international level for me.His kicking game is excellent, playing him at no 6 not impressed, infact the half-backs have been average for years at international level.