Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emosi Koloto

Sinfield's form in last few games

294 posts in this topic

Sinfield wasn't bad against Saints

He was non existant

Good point re Peacock being the one really missed.

So Sinfield has 2 poor games (he wasn't actually that poor against St Helens) and he should be publicly slated by the media and stripped of his England captaincy? Funny I don't remember the same thing being called for when Jamie peacock had a few off games.

This forum is getting like RLfans, hyperbole all over the place.

It's funny you should accuse me of hyperbole in what is a completely over the top reply to what I've said.

I haven't suggested any of the like. I haven't said he should be slated or stripped. (I don't think he should have been abnounced in the first place). I just think there needs to be some perspective. When Kevin Sinfield is great, you can't get away from him in the media. When he's poor, it's ignored.

Swap that with Brough and it's a completely different story.

I also think that suggesting he's only had two poor games this season is lying to yourself.

Hyperbole indeed.

It's funny you should accuse me of hyperbole in what is a completely over the top reply to what I've said.

I haven't suggested any of the like. I haven't said he should be slated or stripped. (I don't think he should have been abnounced in the first place). I just think there needs to be some perspective. When Kevin Sinfield is great, you can't get away from him in the media. When he's poor, it's ignored.

I also think that suggesting he's only had two poor games this season is lying to yourself.

Hyperbole indeed.

The comparison with Brough is futile, Sinfield is a far more high profile player whether you like it or not, so he is bound to get more press coverage, something which our sport needs. Again disagree all you like but Sinfield is SL's and Leeds' m

Hyperbole indeed.

The comparison with Brough and media coverage is futile, Sinfield is a far more high profile player whether you like it or not, so he is bound to get more press coverage, something which our sport needs. Again disagree all you like but Sinfield is SL's and Leeds' most succesful captain ever, current golden boot winner and (again like it or not) England captain he is bound to get more positive coverage.

Brough is a very good player but he simply hasn't achieved what Sinfield has in his career.

Anyway if people think Brough is so good and can make an impact in the would cup maybe they should want him as Captain of his chosen country, they could probably do with his talents.

Christopher, you're starting to remind me of a lad I went to junior school that kept insisting that a TR7 was faster, better looking and more desirable than a Ferrari.  

Brough is a very good player but he simply hasn't achieved what Sinfield has in his career.

Technically, Sinfield hasnt achieved what Brough has in his career either :ph34r: and he's fast running out of time to achieve it!

Technically, Sinfield hasnt achieved what Brough has in his career either :ph34r:

Challenge cup winners medal, bankruptcy and tattoos?

Christopher, you're starting to remind me of a lad I went to junior school that kept insisting that a TR7 was faster, better looking and more desirable than a Ferrari.

I suppose Brough could be classed as a Ferrari, pretty temperamental and tend change hands often, but that's about it ;-)

Technically, Sinfield hasnt achieved what Brough has in his career either :ph34r: and he's fast running out of time to achieve it!

True but Sinfield did win MOM in the game that Brough got his only medal

I suppose Brough could be classed as a Ferrari, pretty temperamental and tend change hands often, but that's about it ;-)

You seem very interested in Danny Brough.  This thread is about Kevin Sinfield's form, or lack of.  

You seem very interested in Danny Brough. This thread is about Kevin Sinfield's form, or lack of.

Threads often drift I'm afraid.

True but Sinfield did win MOM in the game that Brough got his only medal

You could probably guarantee that Sinny would swap with Brough in that respect

Especially since Cooke should have won MoM...

And I'm sure Brough would swap hid CC medal for half of Sinfields other medals

And I'm sure Brough would swap hid CC medal for half of Sinfields other medals

Probably true too

well this has turned once again into another round of Leeds bashing.they've gone from bottler's to being a team of poor to mediocre player's at best.As for Sinfield it looks like he is taking the blame for all the hammerings GB/England have had since 1982.Every SL player has their weaknesses,and I mean every One!but I am not going to slag him/them down out of envy

well this has turned once again into another round of Leeds bashing.they've gone from bottler's to being a team of poor to mediocre player's at best.As for Sinfield it looks like he is taking the blame for all the hammerings GB/England have had since 1982.Every SL player has their weaknesses,and I mean every One!but I am not going to slag him/them down out of envy

And yet strangely, we're only 6 points off the top of the table having played 2 games less than most...

Don't worry, Leeds will be further adrift once they play Wigan, Wire and Huddersield again in the league ;)

Don't worry, Leeds will be further adrift once they play Wigan, Wire and Huddersield again in the league ;)

You keep thinking that,you'll be fine.It's almost choke time for your mob ;)

not worrying because you say that every year and you lot finish up with egg on your faces.but its like has been said this thread is not really about Sinfield is it?as you have just confirmed.

and you can say that again and again and again.Why don't you change your colours to green

Are you Getting a bit twitchy after being panned by 12 men in the cup and then losing at home to the worst team from Saints in living memory? :D

Well you've your own thread now.It may be one rung on the ladder of your aspirations

Are you Getting a bit twitchy after being panned by 12 men in the cup and then losing at home to the worst team from Saints in living memory? :D

;)

.As for Sinfield it looks like he is taking the blame for all the hammerings GB/England have had since 1982.Every SL player has their weaknesses,and I mean every One!but I am not going to slag him/them down out of envy

What a ridiculous conclusion to draw from the well reasoned arguments that have been put forward.

Give yourself a poke in the eye for being neurotic!

I don't really care who wins.

I would prefer if the winner is in the top group of players in the World , it adds creditability to the game.

If Tomkins had won I would give it a nod as a fair call.

Not my choice but a fair call.

Sinfield as the best player in the game just is an embarrassment.

Don't agree with you often, but can't fault you on this post.

Back on topic, Sinfield's form is pretty much standard - even in his 'Golden Boot' season of three top performances in a row, he was wildly inconsistent during the season. He wasn't good enough for the SL team of the year - a good leader of a good team, an elite goal kicker, but a run of the mill skill set and below par defence. Not the best player at his own club and wouldn't stand out if he was playing for London, HKR, Wakefield or Cas.

McNamara's problem in naming him as captain so early is that he shouldn't be an automatic selection. England are now forced to accommodate him to the detriment of the quality of the team at stand off or loose forward.