Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Supporter

Doncaster Match

147 posts in this topic

Just beat them by 13 or more please :drinks:

How can anyone even contemplate dropping Carl Forber after last weeks performance where by I'm astounded he didn't get mom! What exactly has Connor done since he's been here to warrant a place In the halves?

How can anyone even contemplate dropping Carl Forber after last weeks performance where by I'm astounded he didn't get mom! What exactly has Connor done since he's been here to warrant a place In the halves?

i dont think anyone has said that connor should play in the halves, i totally agree forber should keep his place alongside callum but most people have suggested callum and lupton. its just opinions but carl has to start. we should be rewarding good performances and he was our stand out player last week.

If we need anything at Town it's a try scoring centre - hard to find yes - but add 15 or so tries from 3-4 and you have a different team - I'd play forber and Callum 6-7 Lupton at 13 - olstrom looks like a centre to me

If we need anything at Town it's a try scoring centre - hard to find yes - but add 15 or so tries from 3-4 and you have a different team - I'd play forber and Callum 6-7 Lupton at 13 - olstrom looks like a centre to me

the problem is our centres dont get enough ball and a player like karl,in the form that hes in, needs to be getting hold of the ball and the only way to do that is through the middle.

I would like to see MILLER giving a go at centre,he as got the pace and the power,you can see that when ,he take,s the ball up from the play the ball.Now i no that give,s us a problem to fill he,s place on the wing just a thought???

Not the worst shout mate . It's all about getting your most threatening players involved as much as possible . If you do that you have JP for the wing ? Just a thought but were always talking of trying things . Wonky hits the nail on the head though , you can have Greg Inglis there its pointless if the service is inadequate .Olstrum should never play out wide again . We saw it late last year when we were short and it didn't work at all . He's a born loose forward , he can cover at hooker but he needs to work on his passing to do that long term as it lags behind his running game . He's just a natural runner of the ball and likes to take them on himself !!!

The ball goes to the right enough for me - Karl has been outstanding this season and is strong with 3-4 round him so imagine him ne on one - he showed great pace and skill with his try against hunslet - but one thing he isn't is creative - yet he's in a creative position . I would only take DR if needed this week - no one from widnes has impressed me what so ever so far this season

He makes 50 tackles though and 20 odd line bending runs , move him and you lose them numbers . I fully understand the point though about having a third pivot at 13 , I've mentioned it myself , but on performances he's made himself hard to shift . Lupton would give that option alongside two halves , but at the moment it isn't broke so its hard to tinker. It's always a thought though to maximise your attack down the line , but Karl's on top form , is really complimenting our front row muscle ,and is driving us on so let him do his thing while he's motoring . We always have the dimensions if we need to change which is good , but at present were on a bit of a roll and Karl is terrorising teams where he is .

So what position is Connor? Defo not a 6 for me but everyone keeps banging he drum to get him there- forber has improved loads this season and hardly misses a kick at goal -

He's a half back for me no doubt . He has to perform for his place like everyone else , simple as that . We have 4 to choose , rather have them worries than the opposite . I'll stick by my thought that he has something but performances earn you're stripes , no argument there . At the moment you can see him on the bench as a utility if you can't fit him in , but for me definitely a middle player with his kicking game , that's a real asset he has got . We're getting the headaches you do want as a club !!

I think Connor needs to be given a proper chance at half, he hasn't really had a real go at it and he is also a good goal kicker I have heard.. Connor and Forber for me with Matty and Callum interchanging or even try cullum at 13.

And what about playing MILLER in the centre???any thought,s on that.

What about dowes and cotter on the wing - Matty at at full back - I just don't see where this idea of Connor having a great kicking game has come from? He defo seems to have pace ill give him that

What about dowes and cotter on the wing - Matty at at full back - I just don't see where this idea of Connor having a great kicking game has come from? He defo seems to have pace ill give him that

hes got a great bomb and can get distance but his short kicking game is lacking. callum is too good to be given 20 minute spells he needs to be on for the 80, and him and forber seemed to link up better than any other combo weve tried. i would play connor at centre but he certainly has to pick his game up to justify town going out and bringing him in.

Bad news on him and Acton so the discussion is on hold ! Jamie is a big miss so hopefully Macgraff can come.

Players need to be given time to settle in. Yes Connor has been here for 7-8 games but he has started on bench, played centre and then given a go in halves. First game in halves he got in team of the week, so I think he needs time.

Fair point . You can't underestimate a kicking game whatever anyone says , look how many tries come from bombs in modern rugby . And those drop outs were stunning . He played in grand final winning teams down under and has a powerful , runners build . Can't argue with the point he hasn't showed all he has , but I think he'll be a good acquisition , and he can play two or three spots . Tough playing centre here , and not many games for him yet at half so hope he gets fit and shows his form . If they do play him centre id like to see what he can do off good ball - bet he can shift , and they must position him to use that bomb! I say again though you need to perform , and having competition keeps you on your toes , he as much as anyone .Fair enough . Two from three for the next few weeks . All arguments are valid though , it's all up to him in the end isn't it to earn the plaudits ...

This site as been all the talk about our half backs for months now, but i think our weak spot is in the centre we need a bit more power and pace there,and from what i have seen so far this year some one like JESSIE JOE PARKER would do fine????

That's fair enough Abu . We have strong defensive centres but not the most dynamic attacking wise . Some is the delivery , some is them . Big Red is improving , Hulme is there but we don't seem to want to try him ??? That must be an area we look at come seasons end . Hopefully Rooney will be fit , but lots of talk when we played Carcassone about Aitken , yet the player that caught my eye was Troy Savage at number four - top notch player . Someone like that would be awesome . First thing I did was look up his pedigree - no surprise on what he showed !

This site as been all the talk about our half backs for months now, but i think our weak spot is in the centre we need a bit more power and pace there,and from what i have seen so far this year some one like JESSIE JOE PARKER would do fine????

behave ursel abu jessies ours

from the injuries then i cant see there being all to many options, so my team would be

carter

miller

jp

morris

calders

forber

phillips

coward

matty

thacks

stack

walne

olstrum

lupton

shacks

dowes

leuleui

I've got to have Lupton in , he's a great string puller and brain for us and has really performed this year .Will Connors injury force their hand on Hulme ? Will they go for JP ? Interesting . Centre is becoming a good talking point , someone to give us a bit more zing .

I've got to have Lupton in , he's a great string puller and brain for us and has really performed this year .Will Connors injury force their hand on Hulme ? Will they go for JP ? Interesting .

i think theyll go for mossop to be honest. hopefully weve already been on the phone to widnes for mcgraff as weve lost 2 strong running forwards in brett and acton now.