Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Futtocks

Tories are not Swivel-Eyed Loons...

29 posts in this topic

I don't follow. What I am saying is that his personal situation is irrelevant to this discussion.

Read your post again.

Your first sentence reads that his personal situation should be challenged. "Personal situation" is still the subject noun phrase in the second part of the sentence because of the way you worded it. HTH

Thanks Tony and Longboard, my fault with the poor wording. What I meant to say that anyone's statements should be challenged and their personal situation should not mitigate any form if criticism. I'll edit my post.

Thanks Tony and Longboard, my fault with the poor wording. What I meant to say that anyone's statements should be challenged and their personal situation should not mitigate any form if criticism. I'll edit my post.

No one ever took David Blunkett's personal situation into account before criticising his views or his acts as a minister.  Neither should they.  I think this just about covers it.

No one ever took David Blunkett's personal situation into account before criticising his views or his acts as a minister.  Neither should they.  I think this just about covers it.

Or Gordon Brown's