Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andyram

Dewsbury Rams 24 Swinton Lions 16 - discuss the match here

55 posts in this topic

Another big game for us on Sunday,we should be up for this one after our last two games,wonder if Swinton will have any big names from Warrington against us.I will go for Rams 28 - Swinton 16 att 850.

Absolutely gutted but am away for day so cannot attend. Think we will win and hopefully by more than 6 points.

Rams 22 Swinton 12

Absolutely gutted but am away for day so cannot attend. Think we will win and hopefully by more than 6 points.

Rams 22 Swinton 12

Rams 22 Swinton 12

Another massive game really.  I know the pressure feels like it has eased following the two wins, but only one of these was in the league and if we were to loose on Sunday we would be back in the mire.  With confidence hopefully restored we should win, but if a certain Adrian Morley plays for them, as he did last week, it should be interesting.

If we can take the three points and stop them getting a bonus point then I think we are rocking and rolling....

The way Swinton are playing the DR system (OK, I know we arent squeaky clean on this issue) I must confess that I would like to see them going down to be honest.

The way Swinton are playing the DR system (OK, I know we arent squeaky clean on this issue) I must confess that I would like to see them going down to be honest.

To be honest, I don't really want to see anyone go down, as I think it could be goodbye forever for some clubs.

I think the way everyone is using the DR system, shows desperation, the wilderness that is relegation is a very frightening prospect for everyone! 

Thanks Nick

Stones and Glass houses comes to mind !

Anyone heard whats happening sunday at the game? Are the 73 team going to be there with the trophy?? Just heard on twitter that they may be a little suprise for dewsbury fans this weekend

If so be nice to announce it in advance, may even top the 1,000 mark this weekend if we do?

Well ive heard its slater & cronk turning out for us

;)

Another massive game really.  I know the pressure feels like it has eased following the two wins, but only one of these was in the league and if we were to loose on Sunday we would be back in the mire.  With confidence hopefully restored we should win, but if a certain Adrian Morley plays for them, as he did last week, it should be interesting.

If we can take the three points and stop them getting a bonus point then I think we are rocking and rolling....

Thats very nice of you Nick - so are you coming down with us or have you issues with another team

To be honest, I don't really want to see anyone go down, as I think it could be goodbye forever for some clubs.

I think the way everyone is using the DR system, shows desperation, the wilderness that is relegation is a very frightening prospect for everyone! 

Got to agree hugh - I would rather swinton went down than the rams, but that wouldn't be either personal or anything to do with DR, just selfishness on my part. I reckon any club going down this time will struggle to survive, and everybody will do what it takes to avoid it. I keep toying with the scenario in which the rams need to win the last game to avoid the drop, and Bradford, without a game that week, offer us samutt, Kearney and purtill. Hand on hearts - who would be so morally outraged amongst the rams faithful as to want GM to turn them down. Not me for sure.

Got to agree hugh - I would rather swinton went down than the rams, but that wouldn't be either personal or anything to do with DR, just selfishness on my part. I reckon any club going down this time will struggle to survive, and everybody will do what it takes to avoid it. I keep toying with the scenario in which the rams need to win the last game to avoid the drop, and Bradford, without a game that week, offer us samutt, Kearney and purtill. Hand on hearts - who would be so morally outraged amongst the rams faithful as to want GM to turn them down. Not me for sure.

Spot on!

I fear for RL, the powers that be need to be very careful. I know all Clubs are a business, but they rely on supporters to trade.

Would like to see a win on my birthday

I say Rams 30-16 Swinton

ATT: 800-1100

We shouldn't get too confident. We have a task to perform and must work hard to overcome whomsoever plays for the Lions.

I wouldn't wish them to be relegated as I have enjoyed the friendliness of their fans, most noticeable in recent times when they played at Whitefield.

Dewsbury 24 - 16 Swinton

Att: 674

This is another game I shall miss.  :angry:

Rams 26 - Lions 14

We shouldn't get too confident. We have a task to perform and must work hard to overcome whomsoever plays for the Lions.

I wouldn't wish them to be relegated as I have enjoyed the friendliness of their fans, most noticeable in recent times when they played at Whitefield.

Dewsbury 24 - 16 Swinton

Att: 674

I put Swinton fans, along with those of Rochdale and Oldham as the friendliest and most sporting fans in rugby - must be something to do with the air in that part of lancs. :)  It's another reason I'd like the hornets and roughyeds to be brought back into the championship and - sorry, but s0d the development areas - give them their own comp.

On form we should win this one, as we should have the Workington game.

All the same I reckon we'll get on another roll at last:

Dews 28 - 16 Lions

Att 825

I put Swinton fans, along with those of Rochdale and Oldham as the friendliest and most sporting fans in rugby - must be something to do with the air in that part of lancs. :)  It's another reason I'd like the hornets and roughyeds to be brought back into the championship and - sorry, but s0d the development areas - give them their own comp.

Sheffield, Barrow, Workington and Whitehaven for the chop then GOR?

:buba:

Thats very nice of you Nick - so are you coming down with us or have you issues with another team

Nar..only Batley.  Now if they went down that would be grand.....Nice of others to comment on the friendliness of your fans and to be honest I have to agree, but unfortunately two teams have got to go down and if its the team that chose to play Morley, Briers etc  I aint losing any sleep.  Rest assured however that Batley are my first choice....

Just noticed this topic had 666 views,needed a quick post, we need all the luck we can get at the minute.

Rams by 10.

Sheffield, Barrow, Workington and Whitehaven for the chop then GOR?

:buba:

Hardly development areas though are they ?

Might make one in for this with us having played last night.

Rams 28 Swinton 18

Hardly development areas though are they ?

For those of us of a certain age, yes they are. I think that you will find that it wasn't so many years ago that Cumbrian clubs were classed as development clubs in terms of the number of overseas players they were allowed.

My point however is one of perspective. Sheffield were a development club, as were Nottingham etc, a few years ago; before that the Cumbrian clubs along with Welsh clubs were in development areas; before that it was featherstone; and before that Cornwall and Devon. It all depends just how far back you create the artificial barriers of "them and us".

For those of us of a certain age, yes they are. I think that you will find that it wasn't so many years ago that Cumbrian clubs were classed as development clubs in terms of the number of overseas players they were allowed.

My point however is one of perspective. Sheffield were a development club, as were Nottingham etc, a few years ago; before that the Cumbrian clubs along with Welsh clubs were in development areas; before that it was featherstone; and before that Cornwall and Devon. It all depends just how far back you create the artificial barriers of "them and us".

Go far enough back to when the founding clubs had their own little league, then I suppose even we were a development club, but I remember Barrow and Worky being powerful and well supported clubs when I became hooked on the game in the early sixties.

when I became hooked on the game in the early sixties.

Is that around the same time you got hooked on LSD casual sex and wearing flowers in your hair GOR?

Anyone got any team news for the game on Sunday? Heard Aaron Brown might be carrying a knock.Looks like Bradford Bulls have left out Michael Platt for the game against Huddersfield,what are the chances of him been in our team on Sunday ?

Nar..only Batley.  Now if they went down that would be grand.....Nice of others to comment on the friendliness of your fans and to be honest I have to agree, but unfortunately two teams have got to go down and if its the team that chose to play Morley, Briers etc  I aint losing any sleep.  Rest assured however that Batley are my first choice....

"Rest assured however that Batley are my first choice...."

and why is that Nick?...I guess you and your buddies don't like the long treck to the mount ?..