Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andyram

Dewsbury Rams 24 Swinton Lions 16 - discuss the match here

55 posts in this topic

Is that around the same time you got hooked on LSD casual sex and wearing flowers in your hair GOR?

Whose been talking ? :O

Anyone got any team news for the game on Sunday? Heard Aaron Brown might be carrying a knock.Looks like Bradford Bulls have left out Michael Platt for the game against Huddersfield,what are the chances of him been in our team on Sunday ?

This isn't for tomorrow but I hear from a fellow Dewsbury fan that we have signed paaeleasina, could be true could be false, I'll wait until the website says we have signed him to see if it really is true...

On form we should win this one, as we should have the Workington game.

All the same I reckon we'll get on another roll at last:

Dews 28 - 16 Lions

Att 825

I forgot about "Magic Weekend" so make that att 740.

BTW did any older fans notice the similarity between Justin Carney and Jack Austin? (Except for the pace, obviously :smoke: )

I forgot about "Magic Weekend" so make that att 740.

BTW did any older fans notice the similarity between Justin Carney and Jack Austin? (Except for the pace, obviously :smoke: )

Austin couldn't have stopped a pig in a ginnel, whereas Carneys legs look more or less straight - but I can se what you mean. Of course Carney will never get tries laid on a plate by Rangi C in the same way that Jacko had them from Johnny Wolford. ;)

Michael Platt is in the starting line up for the rams .

As i said last week

cant play 2 games the same can dewsbury

will be a brave man who comes on here spouting positives & and great perfomance

uninspired unentertaining undiluted run of the mill rugby league...

im convinced we played 75 mintutes in the second half it was long as a speccy.

cowboy ronnie in the middle kept a sense of ..can we blow it again or not..right up to the end of the game with his own impression of the rules...sometime baffling us all to the point where steve gansons bad decisions would make sense.

a win is a win that is all that can be said.

2 poor teams battling out a dire one up rugby game on a beautiful day...

maybe in my old age..im just harder to please ;)

It was a dour game at times , but a win is a win as they say. I thought Ronnie Laughton played his part in making it a dour match though. He allowed Swinton to lay on most of the game.  Poor crowd.

I would read the Lions forum before criticising Ronnie L.

He must be the most hated Ref as far as Lions fans are concerned.

Good bonus point for us though.

Ronnie laughton was rubbish for both team

he neither helped us win nor played a part in swinton losing.

rubbish for both teams and nobody can dispute that. ;)

Laughton was indeed poor for both teams. I know being a referee isn't easy. Its a thankless task.  The attendance today was less than 700. Quite worrying really. If we  aren't careful The Dogs will be getting bigger crowds than us.

Think the more concerning thing is...

nobodys been on all night singing any praises

that is worry after a victory ;)

A less than stunning display of free flowing rugby, but perhaps expected after a slightly longer period between games and the WIN against Halifax.

The referee was appalling and feel he did nothing to help the match bad decisions affecting both sides. After seeing a few Dewsbury matches now I am starting to wonder why there is a touch judge as he (and others) did very little to 'help' the man in the middle!!! Nice to see GM giving the officials what for at times in the 2nd Half!

Credit to Swinton they kept attacking and both defences played well - and that about sums up the match, defences on show!

A win is a win and I thought there were some good yet stifled performances but the lads got the job done. 

Cannot believe how they try to throw the match away yet again in the last few minutes and disappointed not to have avoided giving away the bonus point  - but I suppose it keeps the heart going!

The match was poorly attended and at times felt the crowd were attending a funeral rather than watching a live game of rugby league... A complete contrast to the noise of that Thursday night.

Another step on the confidence ladder in time for the local derby against Batley.

Another step on the confidence ladder in time for the local derby against Batley.

No doubt when you will be soundly thrashed and Coolie starts his prozak treatment in a last attempt to cheer him up ;lol:

Not sure how Watkinson got MOM - thought he was quit anonymous - not the only one though. Stand out back for me was Scott, who looks to have put on a bit of pace and had a "penny in his pocket" for most of the match. Think we need Brown on the field from the start and at stand off - wasted on the bench. Hope we  keep Platt for a bit - quiet yesterday but has proven class and experience. Kicking game still woeful and needs sorting. All in all though, a win is a win and gives us a little (but not much) breathing space. Not too worried about the crowd, as it was up against the magic weekend, and on a bank holiday, and I wouldn't be surprised given the weather if some didn't go to Headingley to watch our traditional summer sport.

A less than stunning display of free flowing rugby, but perhaps expected after a slightly longer period between games and the WIN against Halifax.

The referee was appalling and feel he did nothing to help the match bad decisions affecting both sides. After seeing a few Dewsbury matches now I am starting to wonder why there is a touch judge as he (and others) did very little to 'help' the man in the middle!!! Nice to see GM giving the officials what for at times in the 2nd Half!

Credit to Swinton they kept attacking and both defences played well - and that about sums up the match, defences on show!

A win is a win and I thought there were some good yet stifled performances but the lads got the job done. 

Cannot believe how they try to throw the match away yet again in the last few minutes and disappointed not to have avoided giving away the bonus point  - but I suppose it keeps the heart going!

The match was poorly attended and at times felt the crowd were attending a funeral rather than watching a live game of rugby league... A complete contrast to the noise of that Thursday night.

Not sure how Watkinson got MOM - thought he was quit anonymous - not the only one though. Stand out back for me was Scott, who looks to have put on a bit of pace and had a "penny in his pocket" for most of the match. Think we need Brown on the field from the start and at stand off - wasted on the bench. Hope we  keep Platt for a bit - quiet yesterday but has proven class and experience. Kicking game still woeful and needs sorting. All in all though, a win is a win and gives us a little (but not much) breathing space. Not too worried about the crowd, as it was up against the magic weekend, and on a bank holiday, and I wouldn't be surprised given the weather if some didn't go to Headingley to watch our traditional summer sport.

I reckon most just stayed at home with a barbecue and the telly. A worryingly low attendance all the same, despite other attractions, and poor reward for those working so hard to make the club successful.

Scott played better but I guess that you missed him going awol once again when Swinton scored in the corner as it was in front of the South stand as distinct from the cosy seats. I thought Morton's efforts were outstanding and would have given him the MoM but generally most played OK and we deserved the win, just. Why we try to throw away winning leads still baffles me though: we were comfortably 12 points in the lead with a couple of minutes remaining when we forced a pass in midfield for no apparent reason, then after conceding that try we try a grubber kick with the clock ticking down. Still, I suppose if Kevin Sinfield thinks it's a good tactic who am I to criticise?

I must confess to some confusion regarding coaching decisions though. We are short in the forwards and don't appear to be making too much headway with the props, with Azue useful as an impact player but not a 50 minute man, yet there is no place for Lillicrop in the side (I believe that he isn't carrying any injury). We appear to be very unstructured in attack with no moves to speak of and all in one line/bunch depending upon circumstances. Either the players are incapable of dummy runs or told not to make them but we very rarely create any gaps in the opposition defence.

Still we needed a win, and we got it, although I can't go to the Mount next week with unbridled optimism - it really depends which Dewsbury team shows up on the day.

I don't like to criticise referees, so I won't. :angry:

:hi:

Unfortunately I had to miss the game, but attendances are a problem across Championship and looking at Headingley Test Match to day on a Bank Holiday Monday and a winning England team, still half empty.

On the playing front cannot comment other than to say another win. If/when we put some daylight between us and relegation spots then maybe we will open up our play. Couple of heavy defeats for York and Keighley but Doncaster seem to be picking up some good wins. All to play for.

Roll on Batley next week. BTW why didn't we play Batley on a Bank Holiday weekend?

Firstly as said before a wins a win, but we played dumb rugby for 60 minutes, the four subs seemed to liven up the game considerably, with Brown scoring and Aizue impressing.

What about our injuries............

1.....thought Brown was being rested due to knee injury, why risk him, he lasted 20 minutes before coming of injured, if he needs rest then rest him we need him playing for the full game.

2.....Wright has injured his arm, how serious is it, did not look good at the end.

Can anyone let me know what's going on with Jy-Mel is he injured or what.

Why not play Goulding and Brown in the halfbacks for a couple of games, would be an outstanding combination.

Firstly as said before a wins a win, but we played dumb rugby for 60 minutes, the four subs seemed to liven up the game considerably, with Brown scoring and Aizue impressing.

1.....thought Brown was being rested due to knee injury, why risk him, he lasted 20 minutes before coming of injured, if he needs rest then rest him we need him playing for the full game.

2.....Wright has injured his arm, how serious is it, did not look good at the end.

Wrighty could be out for a few weeks.

Why not play Goulding and Brown in the halfbacks for a couple of games, would be an outstanding combination.

I wish I could comment on Jy Mel and where he stands on injury, he was injured the last time I heard anything about him, and I agree with you on Aaron Brown as I thought we would have rested him for the mount next week, I think Ryan may have recovered from the injury, maybe it wasn't serious?

I think that Goulding and Hyde are a good halfback pair, just like I think Brown and Coleman are, but your opinion is your opinion, and I would like to see Goulding and Brown together, maybe they're good together we don't know. A good win on Sunday although the first half wasn't the best we have had.

Crown Flatter Can I have a copy of your Euromillions numbers for tomorrow night please!!!

We shouldn't get too confident. We have a task to perform and must work hard to overcome whomsoever plays for the Lions.
I wouldn't wish them to be relegated as I have enjoyed the friendliness of their fans, most noticeable in recent times when they played at Whitefield.

Dewsbury 24 - 16 Swinton
Att: 674

I wish I could comment on Jy Mel and where he stands on injury, he was injured the last time I heard anything about him, and I agree with you on Aaron Brown as I thought we would have rested him for the mount next week, I think Ryan may have recovered from the injury, maybe it wasn't serious?

I think that Goulding and Hyde are a good halfback pair, just like I think Brown and Coleman are, but your opinion is your opinion, and I would like to see Goulding and Brown together, maybe they're good together we don't know. A good win on Sunday although the first half was the best we have had.

The problem with Goulding and Hyde is when they are on field our kicking game is shocking. Brown has to start at 6 and I would prefer Jy-Mel at 7, but Goulding and Brown would be worth a look...

Would like to see Goulding and Brown play together cause you have two young players with a point to prove(ie good enough for super league). They both have pace, a good side step, a pretty decent kicking game and will cause problems for any defence in this league.

Jy-Mel tries to play 6,7 and 9 all at once and cancels out other players, would like to see him at loose for a couple of games.

Any news on the injuries to Wright and Brown?

I think Watkinson got MOM because his sponsors were picking it. Platt maybe, but play him at full back instead of Pryce. Or better still, play Craven!

I think Watkinson got MOM because his sponsors were picking it. Platt maybe, but play him at full back instead of Pryce. Or better still, play Craven!

Talking of our "fullback" why did he go straight down the tunnel at full time when the rest of the team came to congratulate the fans? Does he think he's bigger than the club because if he does he knows where the door is.