Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

25/05/13 - Castleford Tigers v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats - KO 14:15

Who will win?   10 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Wakefield Trinity Wildcats
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

61 posts in this topic

Fantastic display by Castleford. It was clear that they'd lifted for this fixture, Carney vs Fox must be the mis-match of the century both in size and attitude, and Cockayne played himself out of any glimmer international contention* in no uncertain terms in a week when he's been blindly patriotic and moronic in equal measure  on twitter - perhaps he should stick to the pyramid selling of herballife fulltime,

Wakey weren't outclassed they were simply out enthused .  Agar take note.  Everything went for Cas in the openin quarter, and yet instead of sticking in there and letting he superiority of the squad shine through Trinity muddied their pants.   A complete lack of composure by Wakey, enough to ensure Powell has hero status for the next 12 months.  Sad all round.

*still way better than Ablett, JJB and Sinfileld.

Fantastic display by Castleford. It was clear that they'd lifted for this fixture, Carney vs Fox must be the mis-match of the century both in size and attitude, and Cockayne played himself out of any glimmer international contention* in no uncertain terms in a week when he's been blindly patriotic and moronic in equal measure  on twitter - perhaps he should stick to the pyramid selling of herballife fulltime,

Wakey weren't outclassed they were simply out enthused, out played and out classed.  Agar take note.  Everything went for Cas in the openin quarter, and yet instead of sticking in there and letting he superiority of the squad shine through Trinity muddied their pants.   A complete lack of composure by Wakey, enough to ensure Powell has hero status for the next 12 months.  Sad all round.

i think you should perhaps reread that sentence and spot your deliberate(?) mistake. A quick edit needed, I think, Larry. ;)

Wakey weren't outclassed they were simply out enthused, out played and just generally

i think you should perhaps reread that sentence and spot your deliberate(?) mistake. A quick edit needed, I think, Larry. ;)

.  Agar take note.  Everything went for Cas in the openin quarter, and yet instead of sticking in there and letting he superiority of the squad shine through Trinity muddied their pants.   A complete lack of composure by Wakey, enough to ensure Powell has hero status for the next 12 months.  Sad all round.

Yep. Disappointing and predicable. Agar's stay at belle due will now be under far more scrutiny.

Ordinary squad, okay coach.

That's better, Larry. The "just" makes all the difference - just! ;)

Yep. Disappointing and predicable. Agar's stay at belle due will now be under far more scrutiny.

Ordinary squad, okay coach.

You quote "ordinary squad" yet allude to letting the "superiority of the quad shine through"

If your superior squad can allow 49 points to be shipped then perhaps it's far from ordinary

Still, according to Paul Cullen Wakey are one of the clubs "troubled Castleford" should be looking to emulate

No thanks Paul, I think we're ok where we are

It amazes me how McNamara can pick Cockayne in the England squad yet leave out Tom Lineham 

Cockayne played himself out of any glimmer international contention

Powell's a top quality coach and will do a great job for Cas. Thought they were outstanding yesterday while Wakey were all over the shop.

well well well - outstanding from the lads

Carney was outstanding yesterday totally unplayable when he starts to motor.

You quote "ordinary squad" yet allude to letting the "superiority of the quad shine through"

If your superior squad can allow 49 points to be shipped then perhaps it's far from ordinary

They are a pretty ordinary squad, certainly after the first 13 names.  I'm glad Glover isn't writing cheques that can't be cashed and on the whole Agar's done a decent job bringing the squad together.  I don't see them as a top squad, but I think they're better than Castleford's.  It's a long season, Castleford look transformed both under Powell and Orr but I don't think they've as much quality as Wakey overall.

Carney was outstanding yesterday totally unplayable when he starts to motor.

A man like that running from deep takes some defending.  Peter Fox filled his trollies every time he looked like getting the ball.