Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

25/05/13 - Hull FC v Hull Kingston Rovers - KO 16:30

Who will win?   12 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

205 posts in this topic

Steve Ganson needs to be taken out of the back of Etihad Stadium and shot for that decision.

Without a doubt the most inept decision ever made by a video ref

My only thought was did Eden touch it? Other than that it's just plain wrong.

Now I wanted Hull to win but Christ I feel bad for HKR after that. 2 tries in the last 5 mins that in my opinion should bot have been given

Even if Eden touches it, he needs to be given 10 yds, he was in front of kicker, so the Head Of Refs makes a shocker, he will have to punish himself!

HW

My only thought was did Eden touch it? Other than that it's just plain wrong.

Doesn't matter, when Eden played at it the hull player was within 10m and so still offside

The only thing that could spoil this game would be a diatribe from Jon Wells.

Oh hang on...............

His breathless rants are embarrassing, and completely pointless.

i may be in the minoritt but I quite like his contribution.

I am a ref.

I am speechless?

Don't ask me what ganson was looking at!

I was one up until recently and I have absolutely no idea how that try was given. Disgrace, farce, joke etc.

It's a shame that we can't hear the video ref for Sky unlike for Premier Sports.

well i fancy hull,they have been playing the better stuff and then coming up with errors cut the errors out and they win,must say it looks like a great crowd and top weather can't wait for the main course tomorrow ;)

told ya :onthequiet:

ganson is repaying us for that male genitals last year

What a  shame we can't recruit better material than Ganson, Hundreds of thousands of people watching one of our show pieces and he pulls another of his stunts, and he is going to be the new Cummings?. Lord help us but we deserve all we get.

One for the Ref's/ex Ref's, I guess. With regard to being 'within the ten' do the rules explicitly define playing at the ball as touching it? Would the rules allow Ganson to judge that Eden played at the ball as it came down even though he didn't touch it?

I'm a Hull fan and believe me that was daylight robbery. I still don't feel sorry for the Dobbins though. ;)

One the Ref's/ex Ref's, I guess. With regard to being 'within the ten' do the rules explicitly define playing at the ball as touching it? Would the rules allow Ganson to judge that Eden played at the ball as it came down even though he didn't touch it?

Just to be clear, no.

The rule of staying outside the 10 metres only applies to an opposition player try to catch the ball from a kick. Once Eden had let it bounce it negated the penalty for interference. But the offside still applies to the player unless the opposition player recovers it and gains 10 metres (same as if a player is offside at the play-the-ball) or he touches the ball without gaining possession.

Given the replays show it seemed Ganson decided it was okay from something around the kick, as he then looked at the grounding rather than checking other angles to see if Eden had made any contact with the ball. No idea what he thought he saw though.

One for the Ref's/ex Ref's, I guess. With regard to being 'within the ten' do the rules explicitly define playing at the ball as touching it? Would the rules allow Ganson to judge that Eden played at the ball as it came down even though he didn't touch it?

A bit  like the intention to do something is as good as doing it , so should be judged the same,  That would be handy for one team i can think of ,They intend to score lots of tries. Lot simpler to get rid of Ganson, the man just never learns.

Section 8 – Offside

8.1 When Players are Offside

8.1.1 A player is offside if he/she touches the ball after it is touched, held or kicked by one of his/her own team behind him/her.

8.1.2 A player cannot be offside in his/her own in-goal.

8.1.3 An offside player shall not take part in the game or attempt in any way to influence the course of the game.

8.2 Players to Retire 10 Metres

8.2.1 An offside player shall not encroach within 10 metres of an opponent who is waiting for the ball.

8.2.2 An offside player shall retire 10 metres from an opponent who first secures possession of the ball.

8.3 Player Placed Onside

An offside player is placed onside in the following circumstances:

8.3.1 An opposing player runs 10 metres or more with the ball. 8.3.2 An opposing player touches the ball, but does not retain it.

8.3.3 A team mate in possession of the ball runs in front of the offside player.

8.3.4 A team mate kicks or knocks the ball forward and takes up a position in front of his/her in the field of play.

8.3.5 If he/she retires behind the point where the ball was last touched by one of his/her team mates