Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

25/05/13 - Hull FC v Hull Kingston Rovers - KO 16:30

Who will win?   12 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

205 posts in this topic

Fair play to Ganson; this mistake makes no difference whatsoever to the way I've always thought about his refereeing  performance.

Shocking shocking decision and feel for the Robins fans.

One thing I will say is that Dobson showed fantastic decency in his post match interview and never even came close to criticising the decision.

Two wrongs making a right?

Who knows, but the common denominator is Ganson.

And he failed to apologise to Hull FC last year.

Just to be clear, Craig Sandercock thinks two (or five) wrongs make a right. At least he did last year.

"It's about time we got a bit of luck, I could tell you off the top of my head five games we've lost this season through some very dubious decisions. I will say we did then (have the rub of the green) but I will say that we were on the end of some very, very harsh decisions before then, so I'll take that because boy oh boy we haven't had any luck whatsoever."

Just to be clear, Craig Sandercock thinks two (or five) wrongs make a right. At least he did last year.

"It's about time we got a bit of luck, I could tell you off the top of my head five games we've lost this season through some very dubious decisions. I will say we did then (have the rub of the green) but I will say that we were on the end of some very, very harsh decisions before then, so I'll take that because boy oh boy we haven't had any luck whatsoever."

Aye, that'll do.

I'm reminded of Mr Hudgell's comments a year ago this weekend. Something along the lines of If you're that far in front with that long to go and you get beaten, you've only got yourselves to blame.

I thought he got it spot on.

Shocking shocking decision and feel for the Robins fans.

One thing I will say is that Dobson showed fantastic decency in his post match interview and never even came close to criticising the decision.

Dobson always conducts himself very well. He didn't gloat about Ganson's decisive blunder last year and he didn't whinge about today's. 

Don't really know what to say on this one. Was at the game so went absolutely mental when Green went over.  Looking at the replay at the ground,we honestly couldn't see why there was any doubt - so we went on celebrating.  Just got home & watched it & he was clearly a long way off-side. First thought that Eden may have played him on by touching the ball, but obviously not the case.

Now that the euphoria has subsided (a bit) I'm very uncomfortable with the decision, Everyone wants to win a game, especially a derby, but I'm very, very uncomfortable about getting two points from that decision.

Eden's pass for Brown's try was two yards forward. I wouldn't feel too bad if I were you.

We dont like to call it humberside as far as were concerened we live in East Yorkshire and always have done

Did Humberside have a phone in after the game>

It would have paid off the debt on the KC Stadium.

:biggrin:

Did Humberside have a phone in after the game>

I'm sure it will be available on the "listen again" button on their website.*

*Probably won't contain flash photography but may include content that is both disturbing and upsetting for some listeners.

Ha ha it makes it even better it was a wrong call, for all you Rovers fans get over it what goes around comes around another great Magic Weekend enjoyed. Hull fans really did traveling numbers and the atmosphere at the end was electric.

Or as we say in East Riding dialect, what gans aroond comes aroond.

Just to be pedantic, between c1450 and the local government reorganisation in the early seventies Kingston upon Hull was technically a county in its own right.

We dont like to call it humberside as far as were concerened we live in East Yorkshire and always have done

They were happier times for the rest of Yorkshire too ;)

Eden's pass for Brown's try was two yards forward. I wouldn't feel too bad if I were you.

Not got round to watching that again yet.  Part of me says its karma for last year, part of me says "oh god what were you thinking".  As an ex-ref (contemplating a return to the middle), its the latter part thats (just) winning at the moment. 

Not got round to watching that again yet.  Part of me says its karma for last year, part of me says "oh god what were you thinking".  As an ex-ref (contemplating a return to the middle), its the latter part thats (just) winning at the moment. 

I know exactly where you're coming from. I'd normally feel a bit hollow but the 'kama for last year' feeling is winning hands down at the moment.

Or as we say in East Riding dialect, what gans aroond comes aroond.

I was in Brid the other week.  Everywhere you go you see "East Riding Council" for what it's worth, where I live West Riding County Council signs were ubiquitous, but not any more, the only places you see them are in and around Clitheroe, Colne and Saddileworth "historic West Riding" fair play to the East Riding, they've kept their Yorkshire heritage.

As for Ganson, he's useless, always has been. The first time I saw him ref was a Leigh v Fev game in 2001, he had a rubbish game then and I've never seen him have a good one. There was the howler at the first Magic Weekend - I'm sure all the Bulls fans will remember it !  How he got to be controller of referees baffles me. Unless it's "dead men's shoes."

The simple question is; how did Ganson come to that conclusion? I walked in to the try being scored and the replay being shown straight after. Offside; clearly. Waiting for the no try sign to come up, then trying to think of a reason as to why he had decided to give it. I can appreciate an error made as a snap judgement, but having that amount of time and video to review is bizarre.

The simple question is; how did Ganson come to that conclusion? I walked in to the try being scored and the replay being shown straight after. Offside; clearly. Waiting for the no try sign to come up, then trying to think of a reason as to why he had decided to give it. I can appreciate an error made as a snap judgement, but having that amount of time and video to review is bizarre.

I've watched again and again and cannot see how he did. If I was Rovers I would also be asking why Eden made no play for the ball at such a crucial stage of the game he catches it its a draw if he drops it we could score or a scrum is given either way he had to do something.

On a side note Chris Green has been another standout youngster for us this year, his run down the middle turned the momentum of the game and after 77 minutes he still had the engine to chase the ball it wasn't his fault the officials made the wrong call.

I only noticed this when they where playing the tries again after the game had finished, It was highlighted by the pitch markings, the ball passed one side of the white line and caught the other after travelling in a forward motion.

I've watched again and again and cannot see how he did. If I was Rovers I would also be asking why Eden made no play for the ball at such a crucial stage of the game he catches it its a draw if he drops it we could score or a scrum is given either way he had to do something.

On a side note Chris Green has been another standout youngster for us this year, his run down the middle turned the momentum of the game and after 77 minutes he still had the engine to chase the ball it wasn't his fault the officials made the wrong call.

Couldn't agree more, This has  nothing to do with any of the players or their performance, I''m with getdownmonkeyman I'd like to know why or how, I don't ever expect we will ever get a true explanation, It will no doubt go down as another of Mr Gansons " magic moments" and be forgotten about , Which is a pity because people will just form their own opinions as to why he did it.

Split second decisions in any match are one thing, But a man watching a video who can't see some one at least 2 metre's off side has to come up with a bit more than " I'm sorry " .

Couldn't agree more, This has nothing to do with any of the players or their performance, I''m with getdownmonkeyman I'd like to know why or how, I don't ever expect we will ever get a true explanation, It will no doubt go down as another of Mr Gansons " magic moments" and be forgotten about , Which is a pity because people will just form their own opinions as to why he did it.

Split second decisions in any match are one thing, But a man watching a video who can't see some one at least 2 metre's off side has to come up with a bit more than " I'm sorry " .

Stevo for once was right Ganson had every conceivable piece of technology to make the right decision, though he looks like he has paid the price by being dropped today.

Im still grinning like a Chesire Cat though.

Couldn't agree more, This has  nothing to do with any of the players or their performance, I''m with getdownmonkeyman I'd like to know why or how, I don't ever expect we will ever get a true explanation, It will no doubt go down as another of Mr Gansons " magic moments" and be forgotten about , Which is a pity because people will just form their own opinions as to why he did it.

Maybe the Try and No Try buttons are to close together :roulette:

Tbh, I went to check it to see if there was some rule that ganson knew that I wasn't aware of, but no, it is black and white, in the words of stevo, its n-o-t-r-y. End of!

Read about it on Monday, It's a try :girlinlove: