Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

25/05/13 - Hull FC v Hull Kingston Rovers - KO 16:30

Who will win?   12 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

205 posts in this topic

Sandercock describes it as "a tragedy".

Dear me, let's have some sense of perspective here.

If HKR miss the play-offs by a single point or on scoring difference alone then it could be a tragedy for Sandercock.

If HKR miss the play-offs by a single point or on scoring difference alone then it could be a tragedy for Sandercock.

Well, he should learn how to coach defence then because that's the real tragedy.  His team wouldn't be in this position in the first place if they knew how, or could be bothered to defend. 

This apology is just politics, nothing more than a smokescreen, crocodile tears. The RFL is using public contrition to obfuscate whatever is really going on as regards the officiating of our game. I can guarantee that we will not be hearing the only thing that fans will be interested in with regard to this whole debacle - namely, how did Ganson arrive at his decision?

Just to be clear, we have been told, what more can they say that will change what we already know?

There has very recently been a change of administration in the officials department, once of the first aspects of which is that every week referees are now explaining why they made their decisions and admitting to mistakes. Saying the whole system is rotten is bias and completely at odds with the openness that Jon Sharp had been showing before this weekend, and demonstrated again in how he has responded to Ganson's decision.

This apology is just politics, nothing more than a smokescreen, crocodile tears. The RFL is using public contrition to obfuscate whatever is really going on as regards the officiating of our game. I can guarantee that we will not be hearing the only thing that fans will be interested in with regard to this whole debacle - namely, how did Ganson arrive at his decision? How on Earth, under any circumstances imaginable could an experienced official, slated to be our new Referees Coach and with the assistance of repeated video replays from a variety of angles arrive at the dscision that he did? Short of Ganson spending the whole of last Saturday on the crack pipe I can't think of any reasonable explanation.

Over the last few seasons there have been repeated decisons made that have been so obviously and inexplicably poor that a newcomer to our game could be forgiven for arriving at the conclusion that there might be something rotten at work in the very heart of our game.

There needs to be a complete, top-to-bottom, root-and-branch clear out at Red Hall if things are ever to improve for Rugby League. Rugby League has never been well-served by its own officialdom but the present crop are the worst in The Game's history.

He says he tracked the wrong player, here's the article on the Superleague website http://www.superleague.co.uk/article/27875/ganson-tracked-wrong-player-- 

Surprisingly not, only thirty odd comments up to now...or should that be thirty "odd" comments.

Have a look but, a word of warning. If you click on the Sandercock press interview link, depression may set in.

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/derby-Hull-FC-beat-Rovers-22-16-dramatic-late/story-19088899-detail/story.html#axzz2UU0KPlTd

My web browser appears to have developed artificial intelligence and taken it upon itself to protect me. It crashed half way through that clip. Just after Sandercock had said he 'wasn't going to go on about it' (the expression 'having a laugh' springs to mind).

If there are only thirty odd comments so far then I would imagine somebody at the HDM has been very busy deleting them. Either that or the bombardment has resulted in the equivalent of a denial of service attack and nobody can get on.

Some of the comments are laughable how they can call the RFL incompetent remember this is from a club who didn't even realize after it was too late the there new stand was the wrong colour.

He made a mistake and admitted it

Will Greg Eden do the same?

How many times did he track the wrong player - once, twice, three times.............?

What does "tracked the wrong player" mean any way??

Does Ganson not have eyes and a brain??

That was the Commodores mate, Tragedy was the Bee Gees but it's easy to get 70's no.1s mixed up.

Just to be clear, we have been told, what more can they say that will change what we already know?

There has very recently been a change of administration in the officials department, once of the first aspects of which is that every week referees are now explaining why they made their decisions and admitting to mistakes. Saying the whole system is rotten is bias and completely at odds with the openness that Jon Sharp had been showing before this weekend, and demonstrated again in how he has responded to Ganson's decision.

I disagree, no believable reason for Ganson's decision has been provided. Open-ness is not just a case of saying sorry, the response is typical of the kind that is usually provided by politicians who's indiscretions have just been found out. Says it all really.

Hang on, he's said sorry, he has given an explanation

The fact you don't believe it says more about you than anything else...

Well, he should learn how to coach defence then because that's the real tragedy. His team wouldn't be in this position in the first place if they knew how, or could be bothered to defend.

I thought Hull KRs defence was terrific on Saturday.

He made a mistake and admitted it

Will Greg Eden do the same?

Greg Eden only had one chance - any apology from him only need be made to his team mates.

Ganson had repeated chances - he still got it wrong and must now apologise to the whole RL world.

Ganson's position as Referees Coach is now clearly untenable.

Hang on, he's said sorry, he has given an explanation

The fact you don't believe it says more about you than anything else...

Please explain the explanation to me.

So did I but Eden has been prone to mistakes all season I think we all know why Huddersfield got rid.

Please explain the explanation to me.

He was looking at the wrong player when assessing the offside.

It's not a complex explanation

Yes it's a massively simple thing for him to have for wrong, but it happens. Ganson will pay the price for it in the end.

But it is a classic case of these things evening themselves out over time

It's also a classic case of a fullback that didn't even try to catch the ball, letting it bounce and conceding a try because of it.

So did I but Eden has been prone to mistakes all season I think we all know why Huddersfield got rid.

I know but Hull KR defended much better than previous. If I was Hull KR I'd get him out of full back in defence and put hall there.

He was looking at the wrong player when assessing the offside.

It's not a complex explanation

Yes it's a massively simple thing for him to have for wrong, but it happens. Ganson will pay the price for it in the end.

But it is a classic case of these things evening themselves out over time

It's also a classic case of a fullback that didn't even try to catch the ball, letting it bounce and conceding a try because of it.

Rubbish. The explanation is an excercise in damage limitation - management of the media in a crisis and nothing but. As soon as I saw the phrase "mistaken identity" being used I started to laugh.

You can continue to believe the tosh that you are fed by origanisations through the mass media if you wish but I'll continue to make my own mind up if that's all right thanks.

You can continue to believe the tosh that you are fed by origanisations through the mass media if you wish but I'll continue to make my own mind up if that's all right thanks.

Just to be clear, what do you think actually happened?

So what do you think happened?

What do you think the RFL should do to explain the situation?

And what do you think should happen as a result?

I hope these answers are as well thought out as your criticism...

I know but Hull KR defended much better than previous. If I was Hull KR I'd get him out of full back in defence and put hall there.

To be fair, Eden had been dropped for the last two games but with Gleeson, Welham and Hodgson missing Hall had to play centre.

The reason Hull KR lost this game was the injury to Lovegrove on 60 minutes. Lovegrove and Paea had the Hull pack in their pocket until that point. They were already playing the game with 16 men after George was injured on three minutes and looked tired as crucial calls went against them at the end denying them possession.

It was terrific for 70 minutes. When Hull stepped it up in the closing stages it cracked and it cracked in a big way. There were holes all over the place.

It was terrific for 70 minutes. When Hull stepped it up in the closing stages it cracked and it cracked in a big way. There were holes all over the place.

And credit to Hull's defence, Rovers should have been further in front, especially given their first half dominance.

I don't see where all this surprise at Ganson's error comes from. Although I actually think he has been one of our better officials in terms of game control and consistency of decision making over the last decade, his one major flaw has been his propensity for a gaffe in a high profile / pressure situation. Nothing sinister about it.

I've just read that properly and understand what you mean. I'm not sure I'd want Eden defending on the centre either. I haven't looked recently, but at one time this season his tackle success rate was 33%!