Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

26/05/13 - Salford City Reds v Widnes Vikings - KO 15:00

Who will win?   13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford City Reds
    • Widnes Vikings
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

72 posts in this topic

Rubbish decision, I despair at the state of the game when perfectly good try's like that are disallowed for such as that.

Correct call imo.

Defender was looking at and running towards the ball, gaskel only had eyes for the player.

Ruled out on a technical interpretation for me. Common sense says it's a try.

A few points for me,

It's shoulder to shoulder

Why penalise Gaskill, didn't Mellor contact with Gaskill as well therefore preventing him from offering support to Broughton , does Mellor get the penalty because he fell over.

How far behind do you have to be before you're deemed to be out of touch with the ball carrier and incapable of effecting pay

Most of all it's RL FFS, if we carry on like this we'll end up watching the sort of antics that are normally on show at the Etihad

correct call for me.

It's an annoying one but once the video ref has seen it he has to call the penalty. If it was just a collision or the Salford player been a tiny bit subtler then it would have been okay. Mellor made sure it caught Alibert's eye too.

Frustrating as it, no try was the right call.

(On twitter, Martyn Sadler would like to ban the video ref for disallowing this try.)

16-14

Mellor try.

Using this to time how far behind reality my Sky Go is.

A little over 2 minutes it seems.

I thought we were bound to find a way to avoid a win here. What a great finish! Nail-biting stuff.

Very enjoyable game.

I'm warming to the good doctor as well. Nice to see him going nuts.

Just checked the table. Unless I'm mistaken, not only are we no longer bottom of the table, but we no longer have the worst defence. London have shipped three points more than us. :)  (We do still have the worst attack, though. :( )

edit. Where has the simple smile emoticon gone. That one was not what I intended! :angry:

Best team won, no excuses there. As I said pre-game though we should be winning games like that, we were out-enthused all game. No point beating Saints, Wire and Hull but leaving your worst performances for teams around you.

The call was definitely correct, Gaskill clearly looks at where Mellor is and moves into him. Let's not forget the offside try in the first half either and the slightly dubious second try.