Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

26/05/13 - Bradford Bulls v Huddersfield Giants - KO 17:15

Who will win?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Bradford Bulls
    • Huddersfield Giants
    • Draw

Odsal Outlaw    526

We were poor today altho Hudds are a very good side. We need to work on our attack close to the line tho, seem to lack ideas and today was first time I've felt s bit negative about Foster. Seems to shirk the tough situations and missed some bad tackles. Still, well done Hudds!

Konkrete    574

Best player out and most important pivot missing and we were up against it from the start. Defensively we're weak and some individuals need to stand up and improve - Addy, Whitehead, Olbison.

Addy and Olbison have got to get to grips with positioning in the line, and Whitehead with the initial impact in the tackle - bounces off too often.

Foster was embarrassing at full back. FC should have switched him and Kear after about 5 mins. It's a paper thin squad and that -£600k is killing us.

Giants were top draw.

hindle xiii    691

Best player out and most important pivot missing and we were up against it from the start. Defensively we're weak and some individuals need to stand up and improve - Addy, Whitehead, Olbison.

Addy and Olbison have got to get to grips with positioning in the line, and Whitehead with the initial impact in the tackle - bounces off too often.

Foster was embarrassing at full back. FC should have switched him and Kear after about 5 mins. It's a paper thin squad and that -£600k is killing us.

Giants were top draw.

Walker was also awful and has been for a long time now.

Ant    432

Ta'ai looking the real deal now

Lunt is world class, don't think I'm convinced by Dwyer as the player to spell him personally

Looking good at the moment, feeling confident...

Saintslass    1,300

We were poor today altho Hudds are a very good side. We need to work on our attack close to the line tho, seem to lack ideas and today was first time I've felt s bit negative about Foster. Seems to shirk the tough situations and missed some bad tackles. Still, well done Hudds!

Foster doesn't shirk anything. That was never levelled against him at Saints.  He's just back from a shoulder injury isn't he?  Maybe he didn't have confidence in his shoulder or was rusty?  Anyway, he scored your only points, and that try took some scoring, so I reckon it's a bit unfair on him to be too harsh.  As a fullback he really shouldn't have to tackle anyone should he?

Konkrete    574

Foster doesn't shirk anything. That was never levelled against him at Saints. He's just back from a shoulder injury isn't he? Maybe he didn't have confidence in his shoulder or was rusty? Anyway, he scored your only points, and that try took some scoring, so I reckon it's a bit unfair on him to be too harsh. As a fullback he really shouldn't have to tackle anyone should he?

Sorry but that's makes you sound like his mum.

Twice a Giants player broke the line and twice he deliberately ducked the tackle. He's a professional player, and that 's not good enough. Putting your body on the line is part of the gig.

We're happy to have him and he's a good player for us, he 's just a bit soft that 's all.

Saintslass    1,300

Sorry but that's makes you sound like his mum.

Twice a Giants player broke the line and twice he deliberately ducked the tackle. He's a professional player, and that 's not good enough. Putting your body on the line is part of the gig.

We're happy to have him and he's a good player for us, he 's just a bit soft that 's all.

Well, I've seen Foster in action more times than you have so I think I'm better qualified to comment on his courage.  He has other faults but a lack of courage isn't one of them.  And I really don't see how telling something as I see it is sounding like someone's mum. You must have had a strange upbringing if that's the case!

Odsal Outlaw    526

Well, I've seen Foster in action more times than you have so I think I'm better qualified to comment on his courage. He has other faults but a lack of courage isn't one of them. And I really don't see how telling something as I see it is sounding like someone's mum. You must have had a strange upbringing if that's the case!

Did you see the Bulls game? If so how do you explain his defensive effort on the two attempts Konkrete mentions? It genuinely looked like he bottled it a little bit ....... that may be due to shoulder issues as you say, but that's still not acceptable!

Konkrete    574

Well, I've seen Foster in action more times than you have so I think I'm better qualified to comment on his courage. He has other faults but a lack of courage isn't one of them. And I really don't see how telling something as I see it is sounding like someone's mum. You must have had a strange upbringing if that's the case!

Standard upbringing thanks. And you're not telling it how you see it, you're offering potential reasons why he ducked the tackles that you can not possibly know. You then cap it off by effectively saying that full backs can be excused tackling, or lack of it, because the line should never be broken.

I've no idea if you're better qualified than me to judge the nature of Jamie Foster. But having played the game and watched it for a long time I know exactly what a ducked tackle looks like, and those were ducked.

Wolford6    971

That was a dire performance and the result accurately reflected the gulf in performance on the day.

We've no real pace in the backs and we'd lost two of our three halfbacks. The only hope was some inventive plays and a solid hard tackling stint. We got neither.

Of those who played, I thought Elliot Kear was comfortably our best player. We got decent performances from Mattie Blythe, James Donaldson, Jamie Langley, Ben Evans and Jarrod Sammut. The rest had a day that they will have to suffer again on Tuesday's video-review.

Unless Sky gives every club a shedload of money, next season looks about as promising as this one:

- Blythe and Evans will be back at Warrington.

- the dearth of decent halfbacks in Superleague will mean we will probably lose at least one of ours to a team with genuine title ambitions.

- let's hope we've got some good juniors to come through because, under the current financial arrangements, we can't afford top drawer recruits.

Still, it will be a character-forming experience for our younger fans, and good preparation for when we become a top team again in about four or five seasons.

amm    232

Jamie Foster never even attempted to show any form of defence on more than two occasions, not even putting himself in the way let alone attempt to tackle. The Giants players didn't even look at him as they ran past him, in effect Bulls were playing with only 12 in defence. I'll give him the BOD that he's carrying any injury. It was so bad that it was a travesty that the only score was from him rather than someone else. Normally if a player has a few errors and then scores, I think well at least they'll feel better for that to even things up - but Foster didn't make errors, he didn't do anything! If he had thrown himself at someone and missed, or at least caused them to pull up and have to change direction, I'd be defending his efforts....instead because of you're rose tinted view of him Saintslass, I find myself laying into him - he didn't even warrant a mention, but you drew it out of me  

Ant    432

I think Foster is taking some unfair flack personally, he certainly wasn't the only bulls player missing tackles and lets face it, bigger and better players than him have been steamrollered by Larne Patrick

amm    232

I think Foster is taking some unfair flack personally, he certainly wasn't the only bulls player missing tackles and lets face it, bigger and better players than him have been steamrollered by Larne Patrick

I've perhaps gone over board but as I said - he wasn't worth a mention, but if I read rubbish then I'm going to reply

Saintslass    1,300

Careful now.  You'll be accused of sounding like his mother!

Saintslass    1,300

Jamie Foster never even attempted to show any form of defence on more than two occasions, not even putting himself in the way let alone attempt to tackle. The Giants players didn't even look at him as they ran past him, in effect Bulls were playing with only 12 in defence. I'll give him the BOD that he's carrying any injury. It was so bad that it was a travesty that the only score was from him rather than someone else. Normally if a player has a few errors and then scores, I think well at least they'll feel better for that to even things up - but Foster didn't make errors, he didn't do anything! If he had thrown himself at someone and missed, or at least caused them to pull up and have to change direction, I'd be defending his efforts....instead because of you're rose tinted view of him Saintslass, I find myself laying into him - he didn't even warrant a mention, but you drew it out of me  

Don't blame me for your response.  That's entirely your responsibility.

He didn't do anything?  So what are those six points doing on the scoreboard then?  He's the only one who could summon the determination, timing and skill to actually score. 

amm    232

Don't blame me for your response.  That's entirely your responsibility.

He didn't do anything?  So what are those six points doing on the scoreboard then?  He's the only one who could summon the determination, timing and skill to actually score. 

sister? m -in -law ?

It wouldn't do for us all to agree, and if nothing else I'll give you credit for backing the lad  :fan:

longboard    959

A solid performance from the Giants.

I've never liked the tendency of some fans to blame one or two players after a heavy defeat. It wasn't Foster's fault that Bradford were dominated by the Huddersfield forwards through the middle.

Our group of chaps had an enjoyable day, although for some reason I felt a bit weary this morning............. :ph34r:

Konkrete    574

Aaarrrrrrrggghhhhh...... No. Re some of the posts above:

No-one is blaming Foster for the loss (that would be ridiculous) and there's a big difference between missing a tackle and ducking one.

We're delighted to have Foster at our club and rate him very highly, certainly more than Saints do. But he ducked those tackles, and in a pro environment that isn't on, it's not honest.

Amber Avenger    565

It was comfortably Foster’s worst performance in a Bulls shirt, but think it’s the fact he’s been rushed back from injury. He did well enough against Huddersfield last time out, so it’s swings and roundabouts.

Don’t really have much more to add. A pretty disheartening effort and a minor blip in an otherwise great weekend of RL.

Saint Toppy    875

But he ducked those tackles, and in a pro environment that isn't on, it's not honest.

Thats exactly the reason he got dropped from the Saints team (ironically against the Bulls), a lack of bottle and a willingness to put his body on the line to attempt a tackle.

Saints may be in pi$$ poor form this year but I still woudn't have Foster in the team ahead of Makinson, Gardner, Meli, Swift or Percival

Ant    432

Funny, every time I've seen Foster in TV I've thought Saints missed a trick with him and he's looked decent on the wing for them

Needs to spend less time on his hair perhaps

hindle xiii    691

Funny, every time I've seen Foster in TV I've thought Saints missed a trick with him and he's looked decent on the wing for them

Needs to spend less time on his hair perhaps

You've been awfully quiet about James Child this week Ant, anything the matter?! :rolleyes: