Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

26/05/13 - Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors - KO 19:30

Who will win?   11 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Wigan Warriors
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

124 posts in this topic

Anyone just notice Bailey blatantly elbow Logan Tomkins in the head at the play the ball?

Adds to that by shoving him in the back whilst he's not looking.

Big man Bailey. Picking on one of the smallest and youngest players on the pitch.

"The conga are running across his eye-line and I don't think they should be able to do that."

FFS Stevo.

"The conga are running across his eye-line and I don't think they should be able to do that."

FFS Stevo.

His 'ban the fans doing a conga' was a new low!

Should have been a penalty to Wigan at the scrum before that try but the Sky clowns never picked up on it.

That was an epic game. Leeds deserved a draw. 3 tries each. Very tough. Leeds remain a fantastic team, and a wonderful club. Still the team to beat.

Wow what a great game to finish the weekend off, hopefully for us the game might have taken a lot out of Leeds for Friday night. Well played to both teams brilliant game.

When McGuire went in and someone had the audacity to try and stop him scoring, did anyone else call the Danny McGuire Hard Man Show before it happened?

How was Richards allowed to go back onto the field covered in blood (for a third time) and make a key tackle with 2 minutes to go? Surely the 4th official should be checking that players that are off the field for treatment to cuts are ok to return. 

Leeds performance was like night and day compared to the last hour on Monday. Thought they deserved at least a draw, as Wigan were a little off at times. The McGuire no try might've been right by the laws of the game, but I find obstruction calls like that really frustrating. Hansen clearly was in a sliding motion and not impeded.

Great effort from both sides.

How was Richards allowed to go back onto the field covered in blood (for a third time) and make a key tackle with 2 minutes to go? Surely the 4th official should be checking that players that are off the field for treatment to cuts are ok to return.

I'm not sure the 4th official is a qualified medic or could reasonably judge the probabilities whether a cut will reopen during play. The Wigan physio stopped the bleeding and packed the wound sufficient for the player to return.

Wigan also had a try chalked off for obstruction, which could also have been given another day. Some great performances from Emglish players, which bodes well.

Wigan also had a try chalked off for obstruction, which could also have been given another day. Some great performances from Emglish players, which bodes well.

The Crosby obstruction was different, as the contact opened the hole for Powell. As a Wigan fan, I'm obviously happy that the McGuire try was chalked off, but as a rugby fan I can't hide my distaste for the interpretation. Not blaming the officials by the way.

As a neutral it was very entertaining, both tries chalked off were correctly done so IMO, the refs had no other option to scratch them off

Wigans famous attacking formation seemed to be lacking a lot today, but ultimately it didn't ever really look like Wigan would lose

The Crosby obstruction was different, as the contact opened the hole for Powell. As a Wigan fan, I'm obviously happy that the McGuire try was chalked off, but as a rugby fan I can't hide my distaste for the interpretation. Not blaming the officials by the way.

As a neutral (although one with an accumulator relying on a Wigan win) I thought both could have been given.  Cummings was good on Sky to giving his take on things, but I didn't see anything of significance in either to warrant ruling out the scores.  Like you say though the interpretation is a bit soft.

As a neutral it was very entertaining, both tries chalked off were correctly done so IMO, the refs had no other option to scratch them off

Wigans famous attacking formation seemed to be lacking a lot today, but ultimately it didn't ever really look like Wigan would lose

It was important to find a way to win despite the lack of fluency. It will help us when we play the top teams ( :) ). We missed Green, but can draw on this. Great to see the legends being given the respect they deserve. Wish I'd see Boston play.