Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HunsletHawks

Richard Moore returns to the Hawks squad for Premier Sports clash

71 posts in this topic

How many players have already left the club this season who weren't playing regularly and would they have left if they were playing on a regular basis ?

None

What's the love affair with Jimmy Watson. He's okay but no better than Kain or Bush at full back. Scoring 3 tries in a try fest does not make him an international.

IMO Yates and Menzies are 2 very good props and regardless of Moore coming into the side they both deserve their place in the 17 like they have done all season!! And they will only get better.

IMO Yates and Menzies are 2 very good props and regardless of Moore coming into the side they both deserve their place in the 17 like they have done all season!! And they will only get better.

That's right, and I'd be very surprised if those two plus Haley weren't the other props tonight. Moore would be effectively a straight "DR swap" for Singleton.

What's the love affair with Jimmy Watson. He's okay but no better than Kain or Bush at full back. Scoring 3 tries in a try fest does not make him an international.

You clearly dont see what others see then. 

Do you not see how he comes in the 3/4 line and is an extra attacking player.  Do you not see how many push throughs he does looking for the hand offs from forwards,  do you not see his breaks that set others players up.   

You will find that over 60 % of tries will have had J Watson in the build up if not the guy who set it up.

Those who suggest the fringe players had a chance last week & failed by losing, know this statement is flawed. Even if they won or lost or even thrashed Workington they would be dropped. This theory was proves in the 2nd game of the season as we easily beat Barrow at home & further DR were brought in for the next game.

Also sometimes I question if these DR players are playing for themselves or the team, as it is more beneficial for them to get on the scoresheet rather than passing to a teammate. Hood did this at featherstone away when clear through with a player supporting he tried to take on the fullback, the keinhurst did this away at Halifax with the fullback in front with bush in the open with the line at his mercy & Watson at home forgot who against went for the line with the winger on the touch line with no one marking him, all 3 would of been certain tries, I know hunslet players have done this in the past but it makes you question their intentions when playing.

Regarding J Watson he is not a world beater, & it seems the team would be at a major lost if he was responsible for 60% of tries. I also see him being error prone now & then.

Those who suggest the fringe players had a chance last week & failed by losing, know this statement is flawed. Even if they won or lost or even thrashed Workington they would be dropped. This theory was proves in the 2nd game of the season as we easily beat Barrow at home & further DR were brought in for the next game.

Also sometimes I question if these DR players are playing for themselves or the team, as it is more beneficial for them to get on the scoresheet rather than passing to a teammate. Hood did this at featherstone away when clear through with a player supporting he tried to take on the fullback, the keinhurst did this away at Halifax with the fullback in front with bush in the open with the line at his mercy & Watson at home forgot who against went for the line with the winger on the touch line with no one marking him, all 3 would of been certain tries, I know hunslet players have done this in the past but it makes you question their intentions when playing.

Regarding J Watson he is not a world beater, & it seems the team would be at a major lost if he was responsible for 60% of tries. I also see him being error prone now & then.

Best post on this topic.

Best post on this topic.

no its not, fans maybe impressed with who scores but any coach at any level should be more interested in the build up play rather than who actually gets the 4 points

no its not, fans maybe impressed with who scores but any coach at any level should be more interested in the build up play rather than who actually gets the 4 points

Fans hate greedy players, it denies their team from scoring.

Where does it state in the post I agreed with about scoring all the points?

You clearly dont see what others see then.

Do you not see how he comes in the 3/4 line and is an extra attacking player. Do you not see how many push throughs he does looking for the hand offs from forwards, do you not see his breaks that set others players up.

You will find that over 60 % of tries will have had J Watson in the build up if not the guy who set it up.

I think tonight showed he is no world beater.

2 mistakes 2 tries & we lost by 8

Well the Rhino's players are quite good the rest.......

Well the Rhino's players are quite good the rest.......

youve got nowt to shout about trotter!!! The bent ref was your mom

No actually it was Campbell! Now don't be ridiculously predictable and go blaming the ref.

Behave Macca, there was nothing wrong with the referee tonight.

(Dodgy conversion call aside!)

The referee was inept lacking understanding of the rules. This is for both sides, allowing constant off side & forward passes. I do not pay to watch American football.

Does anyone know why Batley last try was disallowed?

If it was a knock on then hunslet should of had a tap on the 20 metre line as it was over the line. Or is that me thinking officials know the rules

Leahy is dreadful all round, but don't think he favoured either side this evening. Lots of missed forward passes and both sides constantly offside.

Think we were very lucky with the first conversation though! Looked wide from where I was sat.

Good tight game and really happy with 3 points against a decent Hunslet side, even more so when we had 6 first choice players out.

Could have gone either way as both teams blew chances. Impressed with the hawks pack tonight, they made solid yards all night. Not many teams will have an easy game at the SLS.

Not a classic in terms of quality but very absorbing as there was never much between the sides.

Good luck for the rest of the season lads now our battles are done.

The referee was inept lacking understanding of the rules. This is for both sides, allowing constant off side & forward passes. I do not pay to watch American football.

Does anyone know why Batley last try was disallowed?

If it was a knock on then hunslet should of had a tap on the 20 metre line as it was over the line. Or is that me thinking officials know the rules

It was a knock on before the line. Ian Smith got the call right on the LoveRugbyLeague.com video referee.

:)

I thought Watson was our MOM

I thought Watson was our MOM

I disagree. Yates was our mom again, 2 massive howlers from watson cost us. Where is oakes???? And what is marchy bringing to the team these days. Gotta give credit to haughey he's been great For last 6-7 games

i dont know if that was sarcastic gaz....the lad had a mare making a mess with that 40/20 gifting batley head and feed of which faal scored and then gifting them the last min try.Why Houston didnt pass to Hellewell in the 1st couple of mins after being put through with a lovely ball from coyle is anyones guess, an absolute sitter missed.Thought Lee Mapels had a great game for us and their winger Johnson was a real handful.

Better effort this week, to start with a better selected team (though I'd like to see Kain back at full-back next week, and can't believe Oakes and Brickwood can't get in the team). Coyle looks a natural half-back and gave us a new dimension in attack, and more options with the boot.

SO - what was the difference between the two teams ...MISTAKES !! Two sloppy interceptions, six or seven knock-ons, two forward passes and three or four attempted "miracle balls", often in situations where we were getting on top,  were manna from heaven for the opposition. Contrast with Batley ... maybe three knock-ons and a forward pass in eighty minutes ? So although we played OK nobody can say the result wasn't a fair reflection. It's pretty simple really ... until we cut those mistakes out we're not going to win many close affairs like last night's.

Two well taken tries from our new scoring sensation James Houston ! And well played both wingers and all four props.

Finally, why did the goons with the flags not put them up for the final Batley conversion that bounced out from the left upright? It was just as valid a two points as the first two conversions  :O ...

I disagree. Yates was our mom again, 2 massive howlers from watson cost us. Where is oakes???? And what is marchy bringing to the team these days. Gotta give credit to haughey he's been great For last 6-7 games

March was at least covering back when Batley intercepted and Watson chased and caught him. There was only March back with Watson

How did you think Coyle went gabby ?Obviously lacked match fitness but a lovely short ball to put houston through early on promised much imo.