Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

class of 63

Dewsbury away

class of 63    34

Tough one this against a team who have already beaten us - will need to improve on last weeks performance - at least a bonus point is important

Tough one this against a team who have already beaten us - will need to improve on last weeks performance - at least a bonus point is important

Struggling to drum up enthusiasm to go given the great forecast. ...no doubt come Sunday morning I will

Definitely an important game. They're no duck eggs as the Halifax victory proved. Always a good game there...I've talked myself into it....almost

Bryce    31

It was probably our most entertaining game last year (with Fev + Fax at home). The result went against us but it was still a good match to watch.

LOYALION    57

Yep. Good call. What about the pack this week. No Mills or Ormsby (again) from last week. Riley's back but didnt like either Bennion at loose or the second row option he chose. Please dont say he'll chose Barlow at loose, or even at all!

marshy1    58

Bit more composure and we would have won. I thought Burke, Smithy and Josh Barlow had good games.

For me we are desperately in need of a a calming experienced old head, we look lost at times.

Yet again we were subjected to the Ronnie Laughton refereeing for dummies.

LOYALION    57

Much better performance in defence today. Well done Jack Morrison for doing what Chris Bridge faied to do, and left him injured on the floor! No weak links at all, just composure missing and part of Mr Laughton's brain! Penalised us up the pitch for them to score twice.

Definitely improvement and something to build on.

Anyone know who that was warming up with us before the game?

Lots of unforced erorrs again, like kicking out on the full several times, especially in the first half so I was happy to be equal at half time.  I think Dewsbury upped their game better than us in the second half, posed more of a threat and deserved the win.  Lots of effort again but we lack a game breaking player and still look short of ideas on attack.

Josh Barlow was well behaved today and put in a good performance!  Still we fought back for a bonus point so credit to the team.

Bleep1673    149

Been on Dewsbury's site, & they thought Ronnie L was on our side?

Shows how ###### he really is

Spent the day on the beach, so I can't comment on game

coolie    1,389

He was rubbish for both teams today

he didnt win us the game nor lost you the game

2 poor teams playing out an unentertaining game which in the most part...boring as a game.

but a win is a win...and a bonus point is a bonus point.

Bryce    31

It was a defensive battle. Ronnie was on form again, loads of nonsense decisions.

Dewsbury deserved it on their second half performance. I thought O'Brien was brilliant for us in the first 40. No-one really stood out in the second half for me. Ryan Shaw did well to get us field position for Clarke's try, probably the best bit of play in the second half for us. A good bonus point and a lot of positives to take, considering we had a lot of injuries.

Furryenzo    5

I went away from the game utterly disappointed and a fair bit p***** off, not because of the score, but because I know that two years ago we would have absolutely battered that Dewsbury side. A real display of how we have gone backwards.

However, I will credit our defense, which for the majority was brilliant. I dont need to talk about Laughton, I think thats been covered.

This was the first time ive seen Harvey in action, and im sorry but on that showing, having him at SO and Ainscough at centre is criminal, I didnt think he brought anything to the game. However, I have been told he was very good against the crusaders. 

Also I think Sarsfield was brilliant, solid running every time. I think in our second year in this league we should have figured out by now that you need a big, strong pack. Without Mills it looked like men against boys out there

LOYALION    57

I went away from the game utterly disappointed and a fair bit p***** off, not because of the score, but because I know that two years ago we would have absolutely battered that Dewsbury side. A real display of how we have gone backwards.

However, I will credit our defense, which for the majority was brilliant. I dont need to talk about Laughton, I think thats been covered.

This was the first time ive seen Harvey in action, and im sorry but on that showing, having him at SO and Ainscough at centre is criminal, I didnt think he brought anything to the game. However, I have been told he was very good against the crusaders.

Also I think Sarsfield was brilliant, solid running every time. I think in our second year in this league we should have figured out by now that you need a big, strong pack. Without Mills it looked like men against boys out there

I really dont see it that way at all. We played a side at home that has recently beaten both Halifax and Featherstone. Their side contained some large men with massive experience such as Platt, Aizue and Price and played a big forwards game on a small pitch.

Compared to some of this seasons games when we totally capitulated after going behind, our lads dug in and could still have come away with more than a bonus point.

All that without any of the 'big name' Warrington players we have been recently criticised for. There are a few teams in the same battle as us at the moment but I'm sure Gary Chambers is trying to build a squad of our own. There was a player warming up with us who I have never seen. Who was he?

I agree about Sarsfield but not about Harvey. He has the credentials but hasnt been back with us long enough yet.

Stick with it and it will happen!

Furryenzo    5

Yeah, ive heard Harvey is good, so im not going to 'point the gun' at him just yet, but I was very disappointed with his kicking in that game, we were much better with Smith kicking from dummy half.

I understand that Dewsbury have had some good results and are no push-overs, but their performance, I think their fans will agree, was below par, and a couple of years ago we would have had the nouse in attack to capitalize.

Before the game I had it down for 42-16, so if you would have offered me the bonus point id have snapped your hand off, however after watching the game, I think we could have got more.  

class of 63    34

I accept that Dewsbury have had some good wins this season and as I have already said a bonus point under normal conditions would have been reasonable, but on the day in my opinion I saw 2 poor performances and Dewsbury came away with the 3 points. If we had have been anything like we could have had those 3 points.

Anyway thats now in the past lets get up for Sundays game against one of the high flyers in Halifax - anything like last season and we could get a win.