Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Johnoco

London Machete Attack

277 posts in this topic

You don't need a bible or any other religious instrument, the religious oath is simply: "I swear by .......... (according to religious belief) that my evidence to the court and the jury on this trial shall be the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth."

Surely we're long past the time when we insist that all these chappies of furrin descent should at least pretend to be Christians when brought in front of their betters?

You don't need a bible or any other religious instrument, the religious oath is simply: "I swear by .......... (according to religious belief) that my evidence to the court and the jury on this trial shall be the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth."

Surely we're long past the time when we insist that all these chappies of furrin descent should at least pretend to be Christians when brought in front of their betters?

There are, no doubt, choleric retired Colonels in the Home Counties who would still splutter about that, if they found out it wasn't the King James version.