Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Johnoco

London Machete Attack

277 posts in this topic

I'm not really knowledgable of Woolwich, but could this spark another bout of rioting?

Any excuse for some people.

One just did... idiot.

Africans born in England are English, I'm quite sure.

Any need to lower the tone with insults? Your politically correct chickens are coming home to roost! Defending the indefensible! The african born in england? Yes he is, if he wants to be! What a silly example. Trying no doubt to suggest racism? The analogy is all wrong, ISLAMICS born in this country, obviously, don't want to be English! Therefore.......... I await the Guardinistas solution!

Any excuse for some people.

True.

I fear this could get very, very messy.

Any need to lower the tone with insults? Your politically correct chickens are coming home to roost! Defending the indefensible! The african born in england? Yes he is, if he wants to be! What a silly example. Trying no doubt to suggest racism? The analogy is all wrong, ISLAMICS born in this country, obviously, don't want to be English! Therefore.......... I await the Guardinistas solution!

I think you really need to get out more.  I know a good number of muslim English people, I got a good few Christmas cards from them as well.   Nice of you to paint them all with the same brush.

A minority of criminals causing atrocities does not make a culture or nation bad.  I suppose you think all Irish Catholics are terrorists as well?  What about Germans?

Defending what? Nobody is defending anybody. Just because the adults in this thread aren't in agreement with your 1800's style racism - yes, saying that somebody isn't English because they're not white and christian is racism - doesn't mean we're defending cold blooded murderers.

I'm an atheist and think nothing of Islam. And I wipe my ###### with the Guardian, don't insult me... I'm proper left wing, I read OpenDemocracy.

And most Africans in the UK are Christian fyi. The suspect could be from a Christian family for all we know. lots of converts in London.

True.

I fear this could get very, very messy.

It could indeed.  Not a good night to be in a troubled area.

Any need to lower the tone with insults?

You'll have to forgive those who can't quite attain the same intellectual plane as you.

Simply shocking attack. Horrible.

It could indeed.  Not a good night to be in a troubled area.

What's worrying is they've just demonstrated how easy terrorism can be if approached in a certain manner.

One of my go-to arguments when arguing with bigots about Muslims and Islamic extremism is that, were there any real number of terrorists in this country, we'd be seeing relatively frequent attacks on citizens with guns, knives, firebombs, etc, stuff that's easily done.

My POV could be put to the test in the near future if this style attack is copied.

I hear there's a lot of prep at the moment, mainly dealing with the threats in the aftermath, protests, riots and what not. All it takes is a few bellends and you can have riots on your hand.

A British Soldier has been brutally murdered on the streets of our capital! We are at war with Islam! I've known it for some time, many of you lot need to wake up and get off your collective liberal high horses!

My thoughts and prayers are for the family of the murdered soldier.

We are not at war with Islam. There is a small Islamist fundamentalist criminal faction in this country who are intent on causing atrocities in attempt to panic the public into reactions like yours. They are being hunted down and brougt to justice but sadly awful events like today happe as we can't stop them all.

My heart goes out to the victim and his family.

What's worrying is they've just demonstrated how easy terrorism can be if approached in a certain manner.

One of my go-to arguments when arguing with bigots about Muslims and Islamic extremism is that, were there any real number of terrorists in this country, we'd be seeing relatively frequent attacks on citizens with guns, knives, firebombs, etc, stuff that's easily done.

Not necessarily.  I would imagine a lot will depend on what intelligence the relevant services are able to obtain about who is looking suspicious.  Since 7/7 we have learned about one or two significant terrorist attacks that have been rumbled, for example the one involving liquids on planes.  They're the big stuff but they still require planning, obtaining weapons, scoping locations, etc, just as a small attack would. 

Whether the perps had English accents or not, one of them appeared to identify with somewhere else, if the quote on the BBC website is anything to go by:

The ITV film shows a black man, dressed in a grey hooded jacket, saying: "We must fight them as they fight us. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth." He added: "I apologise that women have had to witness this today, but in our land our women have to see the same. You people will never be safe. Remove your government, they don't care about you."

Islamist terrorism is just as bad as IRA terrorism or any other excuse for terrorism and the perpetrators should be treated in exactly the same way as any other involved in terrorism.  I grew up with the fear of IRA terrorism and so I am not remotely sympathetic to terrorists or their cause and don't really care what other people think of that.

We are not at war with Islam. There is a small Islamist fundamentalist criminal faction in this country who are intent on causing atrocities in attempt to panic the public into reactions like yours. They are being hunted down and brougt to justice but sadly awful events like today happe as we can't stop them all.

How do you know the faction is small?  I would suggest that you don't know that it is.  It could simply be that our security services have been doing a very fine job at infiltrating groups and controlling them.  We don't know, and nor should we really because otherwise we would live in a perpetual state of anxiety which is counterproductive IMO. 

Truly appalling.

The attackers shouldn't have received hospital treatment,they should have been left to die in the street.

My thoughts and prayers are with the victim and his family.

How do you know the faction is small?  I would suggest that you don't know that it is.  It could simply be that our security services have been doing a very fine job at infiltrating groups and controlling them.  We don't know, and nor should we really because otherwise we would live in a perpetual state of anxiety which is counterproductive IMO. 

Mr Geordiesaint has studied to situation a bit from memory.

How do we bring them to justice?

Its all the bleeding hearts, the likes of you lot on here that have progressively caused it! Anybody that speaks a bit of sense is called a racist and bigot with no evidence whatsoever! All responses are twisted in a mindless schoolboy way! The mods then delete posts and ban/suspend the alleged offender! Anybody who doesn't agree with homosexual marriage is branded a homophobe! Anybody who criticises the rfl is censored! I have not once mentioned the colour of a mans skin, yet I am a racist! Nay, I am the voice of reason and indeed the voice of the SILENT majority. Islam, I REPEAT ISLAM( couldn't give a what colour) has no place in British Culture! It is an evil medieval religion! It persecutes its own women and treats them as chatels! If they want to practice their barbaric medieval religion they should be shipped to some adobe compound where that culture actually has a meaning! Ban me! Please I'm sick of even replying to some of the imbeciles on here!!!! I won't be logging on again! You make me vomit!

Look forward to your juvenile responses!

Not necessarily.  I would imagine a lot will depend on what intelligence the relevant services are able to obtain about who is looking suspicious.  Since 7/7 we have learned about one or two significant terrorist attacks that have been rumbled, for example the one involving liquids on planes.  They're the big stuff but they still require planning, obtaining weapons, scoping locations, etc, just as a small attack would. 

Whether the perps had English accents or not, one of them appeared to identify with somewhere else, if the quote on the BBC website is anything to go by:

The ITV film shows a black man, dressed in a grey hooded jacket, saying: "We must fight them as they fight us. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth." He added: "I apologise that women have had to witness this today, but in our land our women have to see the same. You people will never be safe. Remove your government, they don't care about you."

Islamist terrorism is just as bad as IRA terrorism or any other excuse for terrorism and the perpetrators should be treated in exactly the same way as any other involved in terrorism.  I grew up with the fear of IRA terrorism and so I am not remotely sympathetic to terrorists or their cause and don't really care what other people think of that.

I'm not sure it would take just as much planning though. If you believe in that sort of radical Islamic teaching, wholly, there is no planning involved in picking up a weapon, taking to the streets and murdering people. There is in most cases and that's why people are caught, because you get multiple guys with grand plans, but there doesn't need to be.

I know you could plan it, and this seems to be planned to an extent (soldier, and the fact the terrorists were content to leave everybody else at the scene unharmed), but it doesn't necessarily have to be. Nutters do it all the time, whether it's running about with a knife in Japan stabbing innocent people, or shooting up schools in America. If you had the motivations and were crazy in the head then it's a matter of picking up a large knife from the kitchen and going out on a rampage, or going out in your car and running someone down.

There's probably a tendency to think they're being rumbled because of great intelligence and that's something I've always argued against; it's always been my feeling that terrorist attacks are an absolute rarity because terrorists are an absolute rarity.

We bring them to justice using laws and courts.  Like we should with every 'wrong doer' regardless of race and religion.

How do we bring them to justice?

Its all the bleeding hearts, the likes of you lot on here that have progressively caused it! Anybody that speaks a bit of sense is called a racist and bigot with no evidence whatsoever! All responses are twisted in a mindless schoolboy way! The mods then delete posts and ban/suspend the alleged offender! Anybody who doesn't agree with homosexual marriage is branded a homophobe! Anybody who criticises the rfl is censored! I have not once mentioned the colour of a mans skin, yet I am a racist! Nay, I am the voice of reason and indeed the voice of the SILENT majority. Islam, I REPEAT ISLAM( couldn't give a ###### what colour) has no place in British Culture! It is an evil medieval religion! It persecutes its own women and treats them as chatels! If they want to practice their barbaric medieval religion they should be shipped to some adobe compound where that culture actually has a meaning! Ban me! Please I'm sick of even replying to some of the imbeciles on here!!!! I won't be logging on again! You make me vomit!

Look forward to your juvenile responses!

This is an internet message board. You can't shout at and intimidate people like you do at your local boozer lol. Turn your caps locks off and head on over to Stormfront or something, man.

We bring them to justice using laws and courts.  Like we should with every 'wrong doer' regardless of race and religion.

Not forgetting that having them alive could provide intelligence of some kind, you never know

which is what makes us better than them

I'm not sure it would take just as much planning though. If you believe in that sort of radical Islamic teaching, wholly, there is no planning involved in picking up a weapon, taking to the streets and murdering people. There is in most cases and that's why people are caught, because you get multiple guys with grand plans, but there doesn't need to be.

I know you could plan it, and this seems to be planned to an extent (soldier, and the fact the terrorists were content to leave everybody else at the scene unharmed), but it doesn't necessarily have to be. Nutters do it all the time, whether it's running about with a knife in Japan stabbing innocent people, or shooting up schools in America. If you had the motivations and were crazy in the head then it's a matter of picking up a large knife from the kitchen and going out on a rampage, or going out in your car and running someone down.

There's probably a tendency to think they're being rumbled because of great intelligence and that's something I've always argued against; it's always been my feeling that terrorist attacks are an absolute rarity because terrorists are an absolute rarity.

They ran the man down first, before attacking him.

COBRA have now met and security is to be tightened around barracks in London.

The Muslim Council of Britain has condemned the attack and said such attacks have no place in Islam.

All the indicators appear to be that it was a terrorist attack.  If it was a terrorist attack it is likely that it was planned.  They don't tend to be spontaneous. 

Terrorists are not a rarity IMO and nor are acts of terrorism.

I REPEAT ISLAM( couldn't give a ###### what colour) has no place in British Culture! It is an evil medieval religion! It persecutes its own women and treats them as chatels! If they want to practice their barbaric medieval religion they should be shipped to some adobe compound where that culture actually has a meaning!

Islam isn't an evil medieval religion but it is a religion that appears to have got stuck in a bit of a time warp in some respects, looking a lot like Christianity did a few centuries ago. 

They ran the man down first, before attacking him.

COBRA have now met and security is to be tightened around barracks in London.

The Muslim Council of Britain has condemned the attack and said such attacks have no place in Islam.

All the indicators appear to be that it was a terrorist attack.  If it was a terrorist attack it is likely that it was planned.  They don't tend to be spontaneous. 

Terrorists are not a rarity IMO and nor are acts of terrorism.

Well, it's all relative. My point was that there are means of terrorism/murder that are unlikely to see you caught. I could plan to go out next Wednesday and try to kill some people with a knife and nobody would be able to anticipate that, and so could a Muslim terrorist. That we don't see it often is because these terrorists barely exist imo, it's not because of the super-duper British police/intelligence.

Well, it's all relative. My point was that there are means of terrorism/murder that are unlikely to see you caught. I could plan to go out next Wednesday and try to kill some people with a knife and nobody would be able to anticipate that, and so could a Muslim terrorist. That we don't see it often is because these terrorists barely exist imo, it's not because of the super-duper British police/intelligence.

Well, we will have to agree to disagree on your point.