Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Johnoco

London Machete Attack

277 posts in this topic

How do we bring them to justice?

Its all the bleeding hearts, the likes of you lot on here that have progressively caused it! Anybody that speaks a bit of sense is called a racist and bigot with no evidence whatsoever! All responses are twisted in a mindless schoolboy way! The mods then delete posts and ban/suspend the alleged offender! Anybody who doesn't agree with homosexual marriage is branded a homophobe! Anybody who criticises the rfl is censored! I have not once mentioned the colour of a mans skin, yet I am a racist! Nay, I am the voice of reason and indeed the voice of the SILENT majority. Islam, I REPEAT ISLAM( couldn't give a ###### what colour) has no place in British Culture! It is an evil medieval religion! It persecutes its own women and treats them as chatels! If they want to practice their barbaric medieval religion they should be shipped to some adobe compound where that culture actually has a meaning! Ban me! Please I'm sick of even replying to some of the imbeciles on here!!!! I won't be logging on again! You make me vomit!

Look forward to your juvenile responses!

Bye then.  Here's the link to the Army recruitment site where you can do your part.

How do you know the faction is small? I would suggest that you don't know that it is. It could simply be that our security services have been doing a very fine job at infiltrating groups and controlling them.

I would suggest that the police and our intelligence services know who the vast majority of these people are: martyrs, recruiters, financiers etc. There are not battalions of jihadists 'sleeping' in our towns and cities waiting to butcher us. It is a small minority and most are watched and eventually arrested. We have foiled many more terror plots in this country than is reported in the press, including like the one carried out today. The threat is real, the threat is hostile but the threat will continue to be hunted and brought to justice through the rule of law.

Back to the serious stuff then.  A lot of these people want to be caught so that they can get more and more publicity for their cause, think of Anders Breivik in Norway who wanted his day in court to rant.  The clip of the murderer talking about his crime should never have been shown on TV as it may incite even more, that was a disgraceful failing on behalf of the TV companies.

Edit: the newspapers have joined in with posting the pics.

Back to the serious stuff then.  A lot of these people want to be caught so that they can get more and more publicity for their cause, think of Anders Breivik in Norway who wanted his day in court to rant.  The clip of the murderer talking about his crime should never have been shown on TV as it may incite even more, that was a disgraceful failing on behalf of the TV companies.

But at same time people like one shot will say we are being censored from the truth.

I would suggest that the police and our intelligence services know who the vast majority of these people are: martyrs, recruiters, financiers etc. There are not battalions of jihadists 'sleeping' in our towns and cities waiting to butcher us. It is a small minority and most are watched and eventually arrested. We have foiled many more terror plots in this country than is reported in the press, including like the one carried out today. The threat is real, the threat is hostile but the threat will continue to be hunted and brought to justice through the rule of law.

Oh, I can certainly believe we have foiled a lot more terror plots in this country than are reported in the press.  I have no issue with that.  However, unless you are in the security/intelligence services yourself, I cannot see how anyone can state with certainty that they are only small in number.  With our involvement in the middle east, real and perceived, I would imagine we are frontline stuff in the Islamist cause (and note, I use the term 'Islamist' as it was originally coined: to describe Islamic terrorists, as opposed to non-terrorist believers in Islam who are Muslims).

Its all the bleeding hearts, the likes of you lot on here that have progressively caused it! Anybody that speaks a bit of sense is called a racist and bigot with no evidence whatsoever!

If they can be arrested, justice should come through the law. If they can't be arrested, justice should come through two in the chest and a double tap to the head.

I don't know you so wouldn't call you a racist or bigot. I would however, say you were ill-informed.

Edit: the newspapers have joined in with posting the pics.

Since when has the media been responsible in these matters, to be fair?  I'd suggest not for a very long time (probably not since the second world war and then I'm sure there was some legislation back then to ensure they were responsible!).  Maggie Thatcher tried to silence the IRA sympathiser voices on TV back in the day in an attempt to stop oxygen being pumped into their cause but all the media did was use actors with Irish accents reading a script so it was a pointless exercise.

Since when has the media been responsible in these matters, to be fair?  I'd suggest not for a very long time (probably not since the second world war and then I'm sure there was some legislation back then to ensure they were responsible!).  Maggie Thatcher tried to silence the IRA sympathiser voices on TV back in the day in an attempt to stop oxygen being pumped into their cause but all the media did was use actors with Irish accents reading a script so it was a pointless exercise.

Very true.  Unfortunately.

If they can be arrested, justice should come through the law. If they can't be arrested, justice should come through two in the chest and a double tap to the head.

It looks like these two today didn't fancy the lawful route given that they were shot!  They must have posed an immediate threat to others for the police to take that action I should think, bearing in mind the wrongful death of the ? Argentian man in the immediate aftermath of 7/7.

I don't know you so wouldn't call you a racist or bigot. I would however, say you were ill-informed.

(very quiet and very quick whisper)Army, stop or I'll fire.  Army, stop or I'll fire.  Army stop or I'll fire. 

Bang.

there is an underlying feeling of fear between the non muslim and islamic communitys that is always there,a lack of trust  mainly because we dont understand their religion, they dont intergrate very well, they dont stand up to condemn attacks strongly enough and they simply dont embrace the traditional way of life of the west, which is totally up to them but bodes very badly for social harmony

(very quiet and very quick whisper)Army, stop or I'll fire. Army, stop or I'll fire. Army stop or I'll fire.

Bang.

I've heard ducks fart in long grass before! btw, walter mitty, been there done thatz

It looks like these two today didn't fancy the lawful route given that they were shot! They must have posed an immediate threat to others for the police to take that action I should think, bearing in mind the wrongful death of the ? Argentian man in the immediate aftermath of 7/7.

With eye witnesses quoted as saying they were waving a firearm and a machete about with a man dead on the floor, I'd have no hestitation in giving the order.

De Menezes I think was Uruguayian. Are you trying to pick a fight with crazy Christina?!

With eye witnesses quoted as saying they were waving a firearm and a machete about with a man dead on the floor, I'd have no hestitation in giving the order.

De Menezes I think was Uruguayian. Are you trying to pick a fight with crazy Christina?!

He was Brazilian.

there is an underlying feeling of fear between the non muslim and islamic communitys that is always there,a lack of trust  mainly because we dont understand their religion, they dont intergrate very well, they dont stand up to condemn attacks strongly enough and they simply dont embrace the traditional way of life of the west, which is totally up to them but bodes very badly for social harmony

there are many things to admire about the muslim community , the disciplined lifestyle, the way they look after their elders to name but 2 but until the cloak of secrecy is lifted and they get a grip on the problems in their own back yards, the non muslim community will always feel at opposite ends of the spectrum to them.

lol!!  I put a question mark beforehand as I honestly couldn't remember which part of the continent he was from (and his name had long escaped me!).  I think crazy Christina could pick a fight in a nunnery myself!

Very shocking. And that's just some of the comments in this thread. Please, everyone, give careful consideration to your words before you start hitting the keyboard. Thank you.

The crime itself really feels beyond words to me.

My sympathies are with the victim's family and friends, but also with those charged with the responsibility of trying to protect us all from such evil.

Oh, I can certainly believe we have foiled a lot more terror plots in this country than are reported in the press.  I have no issue with that.  However, unless you are in the security/intelligence services yourself, I cannot see how anyone can state with certainty that they are only small in number.  With our involvement in the middle east, real and perceived, I would imagine we are frontline stuff in the Islamist cause (and note, I use the term 'Islamist' as it was originally coined: to describe Islamic terrorists, as opposed to non-terrorist believers in Islam who are Muslims).

A number I've heard but can't be bothered to verify right now is that 2 Muslims each week are in court on terrorism charges. How that compares to other groups I don't know because I have no real point of reference.

It seems a very small number to me given the polls I've seen about "Muslim extremists" but then no way of knowing what isn't getting to court.

I think that sums up the situation very well. 

This is still unreal. Like something out of a film, except you would dismiss it as unrealistic.

This is still unreal. Like something out of a film, except you would dismiss it as unrealistic.

and even more scary as it could happen any day any where any time to any one! think the fundemental decency of the human race will always prevail though over the sick deranged minds of extremists of any cause.

This may be an unusual and innovative approach, but maybe wait until there are actual verifiable facts?

This may be an unusual and innovative approach, but maybe wait until there are actual verifiable facts?

think there was a street full of people and a tower block watching the events, if u watch the news.

Its all the bleeding hearts, the likes of you lot on here that have progressively caused it! Anybody that speaks a bit of sense is called a racist and bigot with no evidence whatsoever! All responses are twisted in a mindless schoolboy way! The mods then delete posts and ban/suspend the alleged offender! Anybody who doesn't agree with homosexual marriage is branded a homophobe! Anybody who criticises the rfl is censored! I have not once mentioned the colour of a mans skin, yet I am a racist! Nay, I am the voice of reason and indeed the voice of the SILENT majority. Islam, I REPEAT ISLAM( couldn't give a ###### what colour) has no place in British Culture! It is an evil medieval religion! It persecutes its own women and treats them as chatels! If they want to practice their barbaric medieval religion they should be shipped to some adobe compound where that culture actually has a meaning! Ban me! Please I'm sick of even replying to some of the imbeciles on here!!!! I won't be logging on again! You make me vomit!

Look forward to your juvenile responses!

Some very interesting comments there, which, so that I can learn and understand your ideas better I would be grateful if you could expand upon

Here goes

In a civilised society I thought that people were brought to justice by being charged with an offence and tried for that offence: do you agree with this?

You talk about people saying that people who talk sense on here are branded racists and bigoted with no evidence: where is your evidence that this is the case? Surely you should be calling the individuals who have done this to account rather than smearing the entire forum

Personally I think same sex marriages are as valid as any other and should be legalised. There is a discussion to be had about this on here. I've taken part in it. Just about entirely its bee carried out in a civilised way. If appreciate your views on this current and important subject.

The rfl is regularly and frequently criticised on here. Obviously I don't know whether censorship takes place because the offending posts aren't there. I'd appreciate some examples(which you are bound to have) of this

I don't really know what British culture is. I'd enjoy reading your definition since you clearly have strong ideas on the subject

I didn't know that Islam was medieval thanks for that but agree barbaric acts have been committed in the name of Islam which brings it into line with just about any other religion I can think of including Buddhism

What's all this bout adobe compounds?

Thanks