Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kenilworth Tiger

Rangi magic

42 posts in this topic

Now I wouldn't normally post stuff like this as it just invites the "Rangi should never play for England" comments but just look at this!

Pure genius

Albert Einstein was a genius.  Rangi is an exceptionally talented footballer, as that clip clearly shows.

He shouldn't play for England though, as he's not English.

Albert Einstein was a genius. Rangi is an exceptionally talented footballer, as that clip clearly shows.

He shouldn't play for England though, as he's not English.

He's English enough

He tries lots of things, most don't come off resulting in a negative effect for his team, sooner he goes the better so Cas can start to build from a more stable platform.

Freakish play, only the best try it only the greats execute it take a bow rangi!!!!!

Benji Marshall-esque. The trouble with Rangi is it's either rocks or diamonds!

If McNamara does play him in the WC (and I am not against it) he will only be a success if he can play off the cuff rugby.  If he is expected to adhere to a strict structured attacking plan his threat is negated IMO.

Benji Marshall-esque. The trouble with Rangi is it's either rocks or diamonds!

If McNamara does play him in the WC (and I am not against it) he will only be a success if he can play off the cuff rugby.  If he is expected to adhere to a strict structured attacking plan his threat is negated IMO.

Agree rangi is an off the cuff player, and in the opp 20 i don't see anything wrong in it really, playing what you see. the only thing is his team mates not been on the same wave length

If he can do that successfully every play then I'd pick him. Unfortunately he won't and it will likely end up in us losing possession.

Widdop is the much better option.

Brilliant piece of skill. I'm no Chase fan by any stretch of the imagination but that was brilliant.

Nice skill, impressive, doesn't happen often enough though.

Talented player.

If he also tries that for England and gets pushed into touch. That could end up with us defending 4/5 sets on our own line and costing us the game.

If he also tries that for England and gets pushed into touch. That could end up with us defending 4/5 sets on our own line and costing us the game.

Or be the deciding try that wins the World Cup

Or be the deciding try that wins the World Cup

The last time in a world cup when a player dangerously went close to the touchline to get out of trouble, did it win or cost his side the final?

Awesome display of skill.  The thing is if you have a quick look at youtube, there are at least as many examples of his thuggery as there are of his undoubted skill. 

Must.

Play.

Percentaaaaaaaage.....

Sublime. 

Not convinced about him playing in the World Cup, or in the major games in the World Cup should I say. He's too much of a loose cannon. That said when he's hot he can be really hot, unfortunately he can also get a bit hot headed.

Must.

Play.

Percentaaaaaaaage.....

That's how the Aussies will likely beat us ;)

Brill clip, that why we love RL.......!

That's brilliant, thanks for sharing. Chase has come up with some of the finest pieces of skill I've ever seen on a rugby field.

What happened after the clip? I hope he wasn't just bundled into touch by the covering payer!

The last time in a world cup when a player dangerously went close to the touchline to get out of trouble, did it win or cost his side the final?

And that's why stevo calls it skill factor...... Poo or bust to us.