Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Derwent

Hock - maybe not Oz bound.....

31 posts in this topic

Rumour has it that Gareth Hock is about to pull out of the deal to join Parramatta after receiving what is being described as a 'huge offer' from Salford.

Excellent stuff IMO.

He's signed a contract, he should honour that and take it on the chin.

Being cynical for a moment, this wouldn't be yet another Dr Koukash publicity stunt by any chance would it?

Will he get a visa in Aus due to his drugs ban?

If they turned down criminals, there'd only be aboriginals there.

200 years ago maybe, but it was a serious point

I don't think the rozzers took any interest.

Rumour has it that Gareth Hock is about to pull out of the deal to join Parramatta after receiving what is being described as a 'huge offer' from Salford.

It's worth pointing out that Derwent is getting this from the Mole on Twitter, who subsequently said that he spoke to Ricky Stuart who told him he had the situation "under control".

Doesnt mean a great deal though really.. Whether Ricky Stuart thinks he has it 'under control' or not.. in this case money clearly talks, and Hock must have been offered a shed load.

I hope Hock does still go to Parra, as i would love to see him playing in the NRL.. but at the same time i love the headlines Dr. Koukash is making..

200 years ago maybe, but it was a serious point

An old acquaintance of mine did a stretch in Brixton on a drugs charge but still got a visa. He'll be fine. He wasn't convicted of anything anyway

Stuart also thought the Eels had Josh Papalli under control too.

Will he get a visa in Aus due to his drugs ban?

Nah I though that's what clinched the deal

Just after the deal was announced, I heard Dennis Betts say he didn't think Hock would leave England. He might be right.

Rumours on twitter that Sonny Bill Williams is also signing next year.

sonnys signed for Sydney Roosters n hes not the kind of bloke to dishonor a contract.

sonnys signed for Sydney Roosters n hes not the kind of bloke to dishonor a contract.

Isnt Sonny's contract with the roosters just for one year?

Just after the deal was announced, I heard Dennis Betts say he didn't think Hock would leave England. He might be right.

I may have heard the same interview, but I rarely understand anything that Betts has to say.

Hock is registered as a Wigan player and is on loan at Widnes during his deal with Wigan.

If the player changes his mind about joining the Eels then Salford will have to negotiate with Wigan.

I'd have thought Wigan would be looking for a loan deal on the same basis as Widnes. In that they pay a fee for his services whilst agreeing Hock doesn't play against Wigan.

A loan deal would appear to be far better for Wigan than a sale.

Hock is registered as a Wigan player and is on loan at Widnes during his deal with Wigan.If the player changes his mind about joining the Eels then Salford will have to negotiate with Wigan.I'd have thought Wigan would be looking for a loan deal on the same basis as Widnes. In that they pay a fee for his services whilst agreeing Hock doesn't play against Wigan.A loan deal would appear to be far better for Wigan than a sale.

To be fair, the dr has money and Ian would rightly receive a transfer for hock...... Do Salford really what him??

Doesnt mean a great deal though really.. Whether Ricky Stuart thinks he has it 'under control' or not.. in this case money clearly talks, and Hock must have been offered a shed load.

I hope Hock does still go to Parra, as i would love to see him playing in the NRL.. but at the same time i love the headlines Dr. Koukash is making..

I don't see how Salford could offer remotely close to what Parra could offer.

Riiiight...

Be interesting if it happened.

Initially thought that he would be a cap buster but was kind of surprised to see his published contract with the Roosters is $700k so roughly £450k. A big chunk for one player but I suppose it could be done with a load of youngsters on pretty small contracts.

If the Dr is looking to spend £3m-£4m on players salaries (All legal and under the SC rules of course) then SBW will be very affordable.