Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hindle xiii

TRL Helpdesk

16 posts in this topic

Recently, about three weeks ago, we had a dishwasher installed at home and it's been used around a dozen times. We use off the shelf liquid (and differing) tablet/sachet doodahs and at the moment is on the automatic setting.

The problem is, once the items are dry and back in the cupboard, they have a really quite pungent smell similar to raw egg. There's no debris, they are clean, rinsed and dried in the dishwasher and we aren't in an area of hard water.

There's nothing in the troubleshoot about odours. What's going on? Is this normal? Will it ease out with continued use? It really is quite an awful smell.

I first thought it might have been similar to how water from the bathroom taps tastes different to the kitchen but it doesn't seem to be.

Cheers.

Sounds like bacteria. Stick a cup full of vinegar in the bottom rack on its own and run a cycle on its hottest setting, that should sort it.

Most have a filter somewhere.  Read the manual and clear out the filter, probably a bit of meat stuck there.

Just to be clear, or just to be clean, it is new, I dunno if that will make a difference.

sounds like you've food stuck in the filter - so as above

Just to be clear, or just to be clean, it is new, I dunno if that will make a difference.

No it definitely sounds bacterial from fragments of food. Vinegar on a hot setting will clean the filter and disposal pipes.

Stop pretending to be posh and use the washing up bowl.

I didn't even want it.

or continue pretending to be posh and have your scullery maid use the washing up bowl

I recently bought a new washer drier. There was a solventy smell from the drying cycle and I wondered whether there was a bit of plastic packaging inside that required to be removed. Took the back plate off but couldn't see any. The smell disappeared after about a month. I think it was probably from .some kind of water-resistant or lubricant spray on the pulleys

So it seems putting it on a cooler and shorter wash did the trick.

Pah, shows what you lot know! :P:D

Discussing dishwashers, I purchased a new one two years ago and which continues to cause problems. For whatever reason, the door sometimes doesn't shut. The engineer has been out four times and even fitted a new program, but still the problem persists from time to time! Do I now insist on a new one?

To me a dishwasher is pure laziness

Do you wash your clothes on a rock in the river?

Discussing dishwashers, I purchased a new one two years ago and which continues to cause problems. For whatever reason, the door sometimes doesn't shut. The engineer has been out four times and even fitted a new program, but still the problem persists from time to time! Do I now insist on a new one?

Engineer?

I should say so.

Persevere with the machine. It's just a cycle that it's going through.